December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

welcome New Snowflakes, im a work widow again with DH at work, had a long long day yesterday not getting home till nearly 11 last night thankfully the boys let me lie in till half 8 this morning, my spd is really giving me hell caus of the car journeys yesterday and it seems today my hayfever has kicked in full force which is not fun for the spd.

Hi new Snowflakes! :flower:

Hope everyone enjoys the bank holiday today. I know I am :)

Congrats and welcome to all the new bumps!

No morning sickness yet but the bloat is kicking in and I am tired. Going to have to have a lay down soon.
Its my birthday tomorrow so going to do a few jobs in the garden then sleep then have a lovely bath and watch a movie. Getting hair cut a coloured tomorrow 1st thing and then we are going to go swimming in the afternoon as a family. No birthday drink for me this year but I could't car less!

Welcome Mechanika - H&H 9 months!

Hope all of you who have scans in the next few days enjoy the experience. Am just waiting for the hospital to send mine through- can't wait.

Lynnikins - my you are suffering with SPD this early AND hay fever. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Me? Soooooooooo sick. Can't eat properly. Am exhausted. Just how I remember it with DD. I seem to remember it peaking particularly around 8/9 weeks and then "levelling" off (although it never really disappeared until 16 weeks: PLEASE DON'T LET IT LAST THAT LONG THIS TIME!!!!)

How's everyone enjoying the bank holiday? I am still in my PJs. Just had no motivation and felt so rough. Thankfully OH has been great with DD today. However, he's back to work tomorrow so am making the most of it! Even if I'm sick as a dog and exhausted tomorrow I've got to look after DD so am trying to do bugger all today!

Enjoy the rest of the day xx

Congrats and welcome to all the new bumps!

No morning sickness yet but the bloat is kicking in and I am tired. Going to have to have a lay down soon.
Its my birthday tomorrow so going to do a few jobs in the garden then sleep then have a lovely bath and watch a movie. Getting hair cut a coloured tomorrow 1st thing and then we are going to go swimming in the afternoon as a family. No birthday drink for me this year but I could't car less!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Pinga! Enjoy your haircut and swim, too. Even if someone offered me a drink I wouldn't be able to drink it:sick:

I'm going for a pedicure tomorrow night. I call it the "sperm tax". If I have to feel this rough (and let's face it, once the MS goes it's replaced with swollen ankles and SPD) for nine months then I deserve a treat once a month! x

Silly question but whats SPD? I thought I knew all the lingo but not seen this one before?

SPD is Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction it and PGP ( pelvic girdle pain ) are conditions brought on by a hormone released in pregnancy which relaxes the muscles and tendons which hold your pelvis stable, it occurs in about 8% ( so they say i think its much more than this ) of pregnancys and more comonly in second or more pregnancys its when you get too much of the hormone Relaxin in your system which allows the bones in the pelvis to pull apart too much or rub together causing pain it can be a crippling condition which in severe cases can end up with women in wheelchairs and on bedrest for their2nd/ 3rd trimester/s , but with proper managment can be lived with sucessfully , when not managed properly it can result in permanant pelvic damage which can last for years

i have spd in a mild way at the moment it mostly affects me towards the evenings , when climbing stairs or stuck in one position for a long time ie.. in a car, and it makes it difficult to move in bed or lay on my back flat due to the SI joint where i get most of my pain

Can i join please?

I'm 26, from London and due on 27th December with my second! I'm a single parent through choice so i'm doing this alone! If anyone wants to buddy up that would be great too! I'm so nervous that something is going to go wrong that i'm tempted to go for an early scan (around 7 weeks). Has anyone had one of these?

Nice to 'meet' you all!

congrats and welcome! This will be my first time having an early scan. I'll be going in at 8 weeks. Some of the girls on here have had one already though!

SPD is Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction it and PGP ( pelvic girdle pain ) are conditions brought on by a hormone released in pregnancy which relaxes the muscles and tendons which hold your pelvis stable, it occurs in about 8% ( so they say i think its much more than this ) of pregnancys and more comonly in second or more pregnancys its when you get too much of the hormone Relaxin in your system which allows the bones in the pelvis to pull apart too much or rub together causing pain it can be a crippling condition which in severe cases can end up with women in wheelchairs and on bedrest for their2nd/ 3rd trimester/s , but with proper managment can be lived with sucessfully , when not managed properly it can result in permanant pelvic damage which can last for years

Thanks Lynnikins, that sounds painful! Out of interest are you getting a line from your navel downwards as I think thats one of the signs as the muscles and pelvis moves? I have read about it but didn't know its official name. Thanks hon :flower:

Hi ladies!!!I just got my bfp today and I'm going with December 26 as my tentative due date until a scan tells me otherwise. My last period was October 2009 so that's no help haha

the line from your navel down is not associated with spd at all its something most pregnant women get its to do with the pigmentation in our skin , dont worry about it it goes away after you have the baby

congrats Melissa, and welcome to the group? is your lack of AF due to BF your LO

Hi Melissa - congrats on your BFP! Your LO is sooooooo cutey! xx

Thanks girls!! And yes Lynn I was breastfeeding Alia till about a month ago :)

lol, im still BF but AF returned for me when he was bout 4 months old ish then went away again when we were co-sleeping and he started night feeds again and came back at the beginning of the year when he was again sttn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->