December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Hey there I was wondering if I can join I'm due Dec 8th :flower:

Hi stephaniexx and welcome! :hi:

I'm having a worrywart, paranoid day.... I really want my scan so that I know Pip is well....

i'm sure pip is fine, your first scan went well.

i've really relaxed, never thought i would

hello all!
I announced it to the world (via facebook) yesterday. Makes me a little nervous, but I have a doppler so I can here mini Q's heartbeat :)

So I've just realised I am without a bump buddy....any takers? Lol :)

I am! It seems worse in the morning, I have to force myself to eat or have a cup of tea and usually feel better after I've had that. Its not good making dd's breakfast though as I always feed her first and the smell of her heinz baby porridge makes me want to throw up! Bleugh! xo

Anyone nauseous? I am but never seem to throw up! ugh!

Im really bad have been since 4 weeks :(!
just got worse and worse but i don't throw up
its just constant bad nausea :cry: its awful i can't
stomach food either i end up sipping water and eating
tiny bits of dry things :(

I am! It seems worse in the morning, I have to force myself to eat or have a cup of tea and usually feel better after I've had that. Its not good making dd's breakfast though as I always feed her first and the smell of her heinz baby porridge makes me want to throw up! Bleugh! xo

well my boys dont have heinz baby porriage i refused to spend money on it when normal porriage plus some yogurt tastes the same and is under half the price lol but the smell of making them breakfast always makes me want to puke. or the smell of their nappies in the morning does if their breakfast doesnt lol

Thanks lynn.

Right so everything is pissing my off at the mo!!

I hate living here and want my own house back!!!
We moved in with mil and bil in February as we were sick of private renting and having to move all the time as the landlord wanted their house back. We've moved twice since lo was born due to this!
So we decided we were going to get a council house until we had enough money saved to buy our own home.
But its just not happening!!! I cant see how we will ever get a council house/flat as even the shittiest places in Bristol have about 20 people bidding on them and they all are a higher priority than us too!!!

I just don't know what to do!!! I cant live here much longer I'm so unhappy, I'm crying most days.

I don't even think we're going to be able to private rent again as I'm being made redundant in June.

I don't want to be stuck here!!!!!! Its the tiniest 3 bed house ever aswell and we have 4 adults and soon to be 2 children living here!

I'm worried this is going to stress me out so much I'm going to have bp problems in this pregnancy too!!!

Sorry for the rant, just really needed to get It off my chest.

Thanks lynn.

We moved in with mil and bil in February as we were sick of private renting and having to move all the time as the landlord wanted their house back. We've moved twice since lo was born due to this!
So we decided we were going to get a council house until we had enough money saved to buy our own home.
But its just not happening!!! I cant see how we will ever get a council house/flat as even the shittiest places in Bristol have about 20 people bidding on them and they all are a higher priority than us too!!!

I just don't know what to do!!! I cant live here much longer I'm so unhappy, I'm crying most days.

I don't even think we're going to be able to private rent again as I'm being made redundant in June.

I don't want to be stuck here!!!!!! Its the tiniest 3 bed house ever aswell and we have 4 adults and soon to be 2 children living here!

I'm worried this is going to stress me out so much I'm going to have bp problems in this pregnancy too!!!

:hugs: i know the worries we do privately rent but get housing benifit to help us and its a small 2 bed place which will work till baby is 6 months old but then we will either have to keep baby in our room or move caus theres not room in with the boys for a 3rd kid. our contract is up in the begining of December so if things work out then DH could be on a different job and we could relocate to where hes doing his training for a while then once hes fully trainined get a better place closer to where hes working ( probably up around Hitchin' or Luton ) where property is much cheaper than where we are now.

Sorry for the rant, just really needed to get It off my chest.

Don't be apologising, it sounds really stressful! DH and I are are trying to rent out our house at the moment and we're in the middle of moving to another house that we are privately renting. I know it sounds like we're being stupid going to rent somewhere when we have a mortgage on another house but I hate the area we live in, we were only supposed to live here for 3 years then sell and move on but we're in negative equity and can't sell because of that. There is nothing worse than living somewhere you don't want to live, I ended up with depression for awhile after dd was born because of it. Can you not lie and say that you are homeless? I don't agree with it but you can be guaranteed thats what most other people do to get a council house! Two of my friends live in housing executive houses and they both lied and said they were single parents who were homeless, they both got houses within a month. xoxo

we wouldnt get a council house in this area unless we were evicted :( but ive been looking at the area we want to move to and it looks good, lol can get somewhere £300+ cheaper per month, and that money would yes end up being spent on a car and fuel but for us it would be worth it

I have thought about that but I think they are likely to put me and lo into a women and baby hostel and oh in a mens hostel while they find somewhere to put us and then they will most likely move us to a flat in a very rough area.
This happened to my brother and his gf and newborn son a few Years back and they had to get rehoused asap as the people in the flat didn't like that they were from a different area and threatened to stab them all!!!!!

There are some really horrible places in Bristol :(

I'm gonna talk to my midwife on Friday at my booking appointment and see if she can help me go up a band(make me a priority ) but I don't know if she'll be able to help.

I don't think the hormones are helping the situation at the mo.

:hugs: i know one of my friends was told when she was pregnant with her second that if she had a girl she would get moved up a band and they would go on what the gender scan said, but she had a boy and only got moved out of her 1 bed place to a 2 bed place after her youngest turned 1

We're only entitled to two bedrooms even with two children regardless of sex until Elsie turns 10. I don't mind though as long we get somewhere to live!

i hope you can find somewhere hun what kind of price range do you need for the private market?

Thanks lynn.

You and I have a lot in common!! DH, our 3 kids and I were living in the in-law's house for 2 1/2 years!! We first moved there because we couldn't afford our rent where we were living. Then I decided to go back to school to get my Administrative Assistant Diploma, so we stayed there to help us out with that. Then, right after I graduated I got a great job and we were going to move out, but DH decided, after watching me go to school, that he wanted to go back to school, too.

It was the most stressful time I have ever had in my life. Even more stressful than not affording my rent!! There was MIL, FIL, and DH's grandfather, plus me, DH, and 3 kids. Oh ya, and 3 dogs!! It's a decent sized house, but not when there's that many people living in it.

I'm assuming the "private" and "council" renting are similar to our "low income housing" and "private" renting here. About halfway through DH's schooling we decided to move out of the in-law's house. It was too stressful and MIL and I were not getting along anymore. We are renting privately now. Our landlord is very good! We see him once a month when he comes to pick up rent. It's a smaller house, but it's 4 bedrooms, laundry, 2 bathrooms, huge yard, garage.... Rent here is RIDICULOUSLY priced! I could easily have a smaller mortgage payment than what I pay in rent, but the problem is the down payment. Hopefully one day, but for now our little house does us well, and we'll still have room when baby gets here, since we have enough bedrooms.

I hope all goes well for you. I know at one point I was so sure that nothing would turn out right and that I'd be stuck living somewhere I didn't want to be. But you just have to be patient. Good luck with your house hunting!

Thank you for your post :) glad you managed to move out and be happy!
Lynn - I'm unsure if we could go private unless I can find a new job as rent here is quite expensive, like £600 for a small 2 bed flat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->