December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Have you tried any Housing Associations Tannembaum? One of the guys I used to work with suggested it to me when we where looking as council list wasn't happening. He had found a lovely flat through the one of the Housing Associations. I don't think its quite as secure as council but the rent is the same price range.

We are very lucky and have a 2 bedroom council flat in one of the nicest parts of Newcastle. Downside of it is we are pretty much stuck here as it will take a lot for another property to be as good a deal as we have here. I defaintly don't take it for granted and am thankful everyday we got this place.

We're only entitled to two bedrooms even with two children regardless of sex until Elsie turns 10. I don't mind though as long we get somewhere to live!

Me and OH ended up private renting cus it was gonna take to long to get a place with council we get £493 a month towards are rent and get full council tax so we only av to pay £60 on top of our rent a month.

Sorry for the rant, just really needed to get It off my chest.

Don't be apologising, it sounds really stressful! DH and I are are trying to rent out our house at the moment and we're in the middle of moving to another house that we are privately renting. I know it sounds like we're being stupid going to rent somewhere when we have a mortgage on another house but I hate the area we live in, we were only supposed to live here for 3 years then sell and move on but we're in negative equity and can't sell because of that. There is nothing worse than living somewhere you don't want to live, I ended up with depression for awhile after dd was born because of it. Can you not lie and say that you are homeless? I don't agree with it but you can be guaranteed thats what most other people do to get a council house! Two of my friends live in housing executive houses and they both lied and said they were single parents who were homeless, they both got houses within a month. xoxo

We do the same thing with a property of ours. We didn't want to live there because it's just to small and I don't care for the area. So, we rent it out and got the house we wanted. I love the new home but it's always scary what if the renter doesn't pay. We aren't rich so covering both mortgages are tough!

Sorry all! I haven't been on in weeks. I had my scan on the 5th and the doctor pushed my due date back to December 20th! So, even closer to Christmas for me. My next appointment is on June 9th and she said I will probably have another scan then too.

Hopefully everyone is doing well! I haven't been feeling so good. Sleeping all the time, and sick. I never even want to turn the computer on!

Tanya you would die if you lived where i do then lol, our share of the rent is about £400 per month plus council tax the coucil put the rest towards the £1100 rent we pay per month, its a pita but we couldnt afford to be anywhere close to where DH works otherwise and his job isnt a good enough one for him to want to commute further than he already does for it.
We are on the council list and can bid for properties around the area but most are in worse condtion than this house and wouldnt make alot of difference in what we spend on rent each month :( i could easily have a morgage for less than the rent on this place but got no savings and too much debt to consider it atm, need to win lotto big

Sorry for the rant, just really needed to get It off my chest.

Don't be apologising, it sounds really stressful! DH and I are are trying to rent out our house at the moment and we're in the middle of moving to another house that we are privately renting. I know it sounds like we're being stupid going to rent somewhere when we have a mortgage on another house but I hate the area we live in, we were only supposed to live here for 3 years then sell and move on but we're in negative equity and can't sell because of that. There is nothing worse than living somewhere you don't want to live, I ended up with depression for awhile after dd was born because of it. Can you not lie and say that you are homeless? I don't agree with it but you can be guaranteed thats what most other people do to get a council house! Two of my friends live in housing executive houses and they both lied and said they were single parents who were homeless, they both got houses within a month. xoxo

We do the same thing with a property of ours. We didn't want to live there because it's just to small and I don't care for the area. So, we rent it out and got the house we wanted. I love the new home but it's always scary what if the renter doesn't pay. We aren't rich so covering both mortgages are tough!

I know what you mean, I keep having minor panic attacks that we're not going to find anyone to rent our place and will have to keep paying rent and the mortgage. We're not rich either by any means and this will stretch us financially, that and the fact that we are moving further away from our jobs closer to family and that means an hour long commute each way 5 days per week and the cost of fuel which goes along with it. I know its the best decision for us but only if we can get our house rented. How long did it take you to find someone to rent your place? I've prepared myself for having to cover both the rent and our mortgage for two months but any longer than that and I will be freaking out!! xoox

hi ladies - sorry I've been AWOL for a while. The hyperemesis is back with avengence!

Welcome to all the new snowflakes! Its getting close to our scans now!

xxx

Unfortunately housing assossiation is on the same bidding system here.
It will work out I'm just being a bit hormonal at the mo :haha:

Lauzie - you poor thing!!! Hope you feel better soon!

MEEEEE!! My 3rd baby is due Dec. 18th! Stick, baby, stick!

crappy crappy crap crap. I'm off work poorly with dizziness and LO has gone to her child minder. CM just rang to ask if I'm picking LO up early as I usually do on a Tuesday to go to BFing support group. I'm not going to BFing support group but I'm hiding the fact I'm pregnant and off from the CM. So I've got to go a whole hour early to get LO. And also I need to get dressed into work clothes and make up. fail. Big big fail.

Probably not the biggest problem in the world, but I could have done with that extra hour of feeling sorry for myself.

11 week scan piccy :D guesses anyone?? :flower:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
arrgh i cant decide what i want for lunch i forgot to get Ham with the shopping so if have a baked potato it will be hamless :( although i do have sour cream hmmmm i wonder if i could knock together some spicy wedges or something. lol

mmm paprika and garlic wedges! I had my booking in appointment today all sorted, will be having baby at Sharoe Green unit in Preston. Consultant led due to family history but a low risk pregnancy at the minute. 12 week scan is 3 weeks tomorrow :dance: I can't wait to see smudge again!

Afternoon Snowflakes, hope you are all well. All going okay here apart from I am still so exhausted. I only have 6 more sleeps to go until our scan, so excited.

Welcome to the new snowflakes xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"