December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

morning, OH was on an early shift this morning so was up at half 5 and the boys were awake just after 6 :coffee: so im a bit zombiefied this morning since DH and i stayed up to watch BGT online and The Apprentice and Your Fired' online last night after they had aired on tv

for all the girls who supported me yesterday, THANK YOU :hugs: love you all, DH and I are working out our issues after the fight slowly but things are on the mend

So glad things are getting better! I've just been booked in for my meeting with HR re maternity leave and one of them has just popped down with a back support :wohoo: much comfier now!

anyone know if DH are allowed time off to come to scans or do they have to use their holiday? his boss says no to everything even if they are allowed, she lets them have the bare minimum. seems that they are needed at scans tho, eg if i had to make the decision to terminate im hardly going to do it by myself am i

Hey Cranberry, I'm a HR practitioner...no they aren't allowed time off for it. They can use holidays but there is no statutory requirement for an employer to give them paid time off for a few hours to attend a scan or other hospital appointments. He'll just have to ask to use some annual leave either that or maybe they can work out something where he can have the time off to go and make up the hours by working late or something. xo

For the 1st scan OH could just take an hour or so out of work- though I think it may have been unpaid- but he took a holiday day for my actual 12 week scan! Not sure what he's going to do for my 20 week one! But my OH's work is very understanding about things- I think when it comes to pregnancy related stuff it help that all hi colleagues and managers are female!- and allow him time as he needs it, which is great! Plus, he gets 2 weeks paternity- one week full pay, one week SPP- and if I have the baby on my due date, which I know is unlikely but we can but hope, he'll get a 3rd consecutive week at full pay as the uni's closed over Christmas and New Year so it's a week he'll get off anyway! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

That's really good he gets a full weeks paid, most places only pay the bear minimum of ssp for the two weeks but dh's work he gets 4 weeks paternity leave at full pay. I've never heard of anywhere doing that before, its so generous. I'm delighted as well as otherwise he was scheduled to work Christmas and New Years eve so he would have missed out watching dd opening her Christmas presents. I'm wrecked today had to rescue a kitten last night from some of the local shits in the area. They were swinging her round by her tail and throwing her on the ground. Absolutely disgusted, I've never been so angry in all my life, they were pissing themselves laughing about it too. If they can do that to a kitten what are they capable of doing to another human being. She's such a friendly wee thing as well but we can't keep her, we already own two massive dogs and are moving somewhere we've signed a contract saying we won't have anymore pets. Need to get her a new good home where she'll be treated well as she honestly is the most affectionate wee thing. I'd keep her in a heartbeat if only for the moving issue. xo

Just realised my due date is 13/12/11 which is quite cool...... however my LO was born on 12/11/10!!!!! This could all get very confusing if I have a due date baby!!!!

I'm due on 28 December 2011. A Christmas/New Year baby. How exciting!

What does it feel like when you feel the baby move? I just had a weird mini muscle spasm that felt a bit like my tummy doing a flip lol.

did you call the police? thats awful. theyre the sorts of ppl who grow up to be serious criminals. call cats protection or something about the kitten, theyll mend her up and give her cuddles

DH's boss is ok with him taking holiday, I just dont rly think its right that he has to. I have sooo many appts (I will have 8 scans plus all the other crap) and its taking the piss that he has to take holiday for each one. Im self employed so just miss out on money, i probably take about 60 days a year but thats fine. I refuse to go without him as i dont trust them not to try and walk all over me and im usually quite upset at these appts already without them telling me theres a very real chance of me having a stillbirth unless i agree to a totally unneccessary medical procedure... grr, trying to let the anger go, must not get annoyed again.

its just not v progressive is it. its their child too. maybe its different in sweden, but then there theyre v prescriptive about the birth and everyone follows it because its the done thing.

cranberry cant believe the dads cant get a few hours off to go scans n what not with partners that is shocking i live in the midlands n my oh is allowed 2 hours off for each appointment needed but i guerss every work place is different too,has he looked into his contract n what not though as some work places try it on,it is defo a joke though as a daddy is a daddy and should be allowed no matter what plus like you said you want his support when going to them,i hope it all gets sorted soon for you hun x

Hey ladies,

Well apart from announcing my due date at the start I have not really been on here I have stalked the thread a few times and stalked and sometimes commented on threads in first tri as I have been so scared this was all going to go wrong. After 3 long years I have thought this kinda thing does not happen to me so been very afraid to get too attatched to baby.

I went for a scan last week which is when they thought I was over 12 weeks but due to ireregular cycles i didnt. Everything was perfect and baby was measuring about 11 weeks. So we announced it to everyone. But I was slightly too early for the NT scan so we went back yesterday and oh my god how things had changed baby had grown from 42mm to 61mm in 9 days and was moving all over the place. He (i hate calling it an it) was moving all over the place and would not get into the right position for the NT scan but after some prodding from the sonographer and tipping me upside down on the bed he did.

I got an official due date of 10th December too so please could I be moved from the 12th to the 10th?

I can now go to Mexico on Saturday and relax drinking non alcoholic cocktails xx

mec-i-co

sorry i couldn't stop myself

glad to hear all is well with bubba

for breaky this morning i am having a smootie, need to up my fruit and veg intake some how and this seems the best way

try fresh soup too, will spike your blood sugar less.

good news about the scan MrsC :) Try and relax now, haha, if only I could take my own advice.

I was so nervous and scared when I went in. She found the baby straight away and saiid there is the heart beating and then the baby wouldnt stop moving. The babys head was on the left the baby was kicking punching started rolling around rolled on its bell then turned itself so head was on left it just wouldnt keep still it was unreal lol. She finally got the measurements and they av put me forward 3 days so now instead on 12+5 im 13+1. I dont get how i can be that as its been 12+5 since my LMP but she said baby could just be growing a bit faster. She said everything looks fine she didnt rush she was a lovely lady and took her time she checked measurements 3 times and all showed 13+1 so im going by that now. I am so happy my 20 week scan is 21st july so dont seem that far away

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 44
hun the reason they can put you forward is if you ovulated early and baby implanted right away or at the earliest moment then baby will be bigger than your LMP dates say

I know when i ovulated either day 16 or 17 but i did get a positive hpt at 9dpo

Some babies just grow quicker than others at thebeginning then slow down again, they changed my dates and we had Ivf and know when eggs were collected and how developed etc and when they went back so know it's no possible to be due earlier but it's the size they go on. I didn't mind much it got my c section booked in 3 daysearlier than I expected and it's nice knowing bubba is gonna be born on 25th nov unless it comes earlier like one of my sons but I doubt it. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful hot weather x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->