*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

So I was upset that my gender scan was sooo late compared to everyone elses. I called up the place where my scans are being done (my OB refers patients there for the NT ultrasound and gender, etc) and I asked for an earlier appt. At first she said we do all our gender scans at 20 weeks blah blah blah. And I said I'll be 21 weeks then. And she agreed and my gender scan is now July 20th instead or the 27th. COME ON 6 WEEKS, FLY BY!!!!:dohh:

So I was upset that my gender scan was sooo late compared to everyone elses. I called up the place where my scans are being done (my OB refers patients there for the NT ultrasound and gender, etc) and I asked for an earlier appt. At first she said we do all our gender scans at 20 weeks blah blah blah. And I said I'll be 21 weeks then. And she agreed and my gender scan is now July 20th instead or the 27th. COME ON 6 WEEKS, FLY BY!!!!:dohh:

My OB does them at 20 weeks as well. I am not patient, so I am going privatly to find out at 15 weeks, and will use my 20 week appointment just for confirmation. :happydance: Hang in there, time will fly by!!!!

My OB does them at 20 weeks as well. I am not patient, so I am going privatly to find out at 15 weeks, and will use my 20 week appointment just for confirmation. :happydance: Hang in there, time will fly by!!!!

Oh I wish I could but I don't know how much it would cost and I wouldn't even know where to go for one around here. The hospital I guess:shrug:

I'm the same as Momto3. I would have had to wait until 15 weeks but the perinatal place I go to for the scans offers 3d ultrasounds. The gender scan is $65 so we booked that at 15 weeks

Maybe this is a little bit preemptive, but I'm a planner. (I've also heard that daycare in my area has horrendous wait times). Called a place that had been recommended to me. $1030 dollars a month. Is this typical?! I think my head is going to explode. That's almost half of my monthly pay.

Holy smokes, just got back from my 12 week check up where my OB thought there might be twins, so I got my ultrasound!! Thankfully no twins, but look at this bubs!! :cloud9: Well you can kinda see, it's a picture off my phone of the picture of the films haha.

The ultrasound tech dated me exactly 13 weeks, so I was fast forwarded 8 days to 12-12-12! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/samj732/208876_3403114518078_1794134872_n.jpg

Maybe this is a little bit preemptive, but I'm a planner. (I've also heard that daycare in my area has horrendous wait times). Called a place that had been recommended to me. $1030 dollars a month. Is this typical?! I think my head is going to explode. That's almost half of my monthly pay.

I do childcare out of my home and I charge $1000/month. So I think that it is quite typical. Here childcare can range $900-1300/month depending on the caregiver.

Iam one hundred percent positive i felt baby today! Was like a fast two flutters then a thud i remember the sensation from my last pregnancies cheered me up a lot!

Sarahdavies89-yeah it is hard I am really stressing over it, you guys are lucky across the pond!! I hope everything gets better with ur mom and OH.

Ttc_lolly-Usually if you have a GOOD employer over here they let you off for stuff like that and if you are there long enough you get FMLA where you can take time off and get paid when the baby is born. Since I have only been there since February(I so should have never taken this new job) I am not qualified for FMLA. When I am due is only TWO MONTHS away from my year I need to be there, that is crazy.

Trgirl308-yes I am looking for a new job very hard right now, but don’t know whether I should tell them I am pregnant or not?? I’m 11 weeks so I’m not showing yet..Unfortunately, I have to work after having baby, but my MIL is a stay at home wife and is going to keep the baby for us. I won’t get paid maternity leave and my job will not be protected while I am on leave, so they could fire me during that time(which they did to my last boss, but she had pancreatitis and was out for a month and a half) .. I really feel like I got screwed with this job, when I took it I had no idea we would be pregnant a month later, as I was on BC..

Thanks ladies for all the advice:)

Iam one hundred percent positive i felt baby today! Was like a fast two flutters then a thud i remember the sensation from my last pregnancies cheered me up a lot!

Awesome!!! How exciting, can't wait for that....

I had my 12 week scan this morning, was lovely! Everything ok, numbers ok, which was worrying me as I am 39. :) Baby was in uncooperative and he said he was unable to tell babies sex at this point! Bummer had fx that we might find out. Another 7 weeks till next scan...seems so long long away!

i can not wait to get my letter telling me wen my appoinment is for my next scan its so exciting xxxx

ive woke up this morning and seem to have a belly all of a sudden the first thing me mum said is do u need a massive poo hahah, which may have sumin to do with it TMI i no but o well haha, but i woke up and just though wow where the hel has that come from xxxxx

Holy smokes, just got back from my 12 week check up where my OB thought there might be twins, so I got my ultrasound!! Thankfully no twins, but look at this bubs!! :cloud9: Well you can kinda see, it's a picture off my phone of the picture of the films haha.

The ultrasound tech dated me exactly 13 weeks, so I was fast forwarded 8 days to 12-12-12! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/samj732/208876_3403114518078_1794134872_n.jpg

Amazing! What a brilliant scan pic :) I'll update your EDD on the first page too, awesome new EDD!

I felt some proper flutters whilst laid in bed last night/early hours of this morning :cloud9: LOVE it!

Ttc_lolly-Usually if you have a GOOD employer over here they let you off for stuff like that and if you are there long enough you get FMLA where you can take time off and get paid when the baby is born. Since I have only been there since February(I so should have never taken this new job) I am not qualified for FMLA. When I am due is only TWO MONTHS away from my year I need to be there, that is crazy.

Wow it's crazy how things differ from country to country. A little unfair too :( it doesn't matter how long you've been with your employer here, it's a law(I think) here to give paid time off for all pregnant women for appointments.

I hope you can get it sorted hun. Or I hope your old nice boss comes back soon :hugs:

AFM - 15 weeks today :wohoo: and baby is the size of a navel orange which are pretty big! That's crazy! The run up to my gender scan now seems to be going sooooo slow, I knew it would!

Just to show u all what i mean

This was my first pic 10 weeks

10 weeks.jpg

this was my second pic yesterday at 12 weeks 3 days

12 weeks 3 days.jpg

Then this was this morning at 12 weeks 4 days

12 weeks 4 days 2.jpg

The other pic i took this morning is better but i wont let me put it on xxxx

Lolly...I am so looking forward to your gender scan! Can't wait to see if the red cabbage test worked!! Feels like my next scan is so far away....I am thinking about a private gender scan now but DH thinks it's silly when we ate going to have one 3 and a half weeks later. I think 3 and half weeks is soooo long to wait! Ahhhhh.....

Lol Munch and Lolly I think it so funny that your both looking forward to your gender scans.........when I still have to have my 12weeks scan lol so jealous, just want to see the commander and know s/he is ok! I feel so far behind everyone else even though I know it's only a few weeks! Can't wait to hear what your gender your babies are though........I live vicariously through you all untill it's my turn:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->