*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Krippy awesome bump....was going to say maybe they missed one at 6 week scan ;) My bump is pretty large, especially in the evening.

If this baby was my first I would probably be team yellow, actually that is a lie! I hated not knowing with my first lol.

Lolly it is 7 weeks till I find out. I ment that if I had a gender scan it would be at 16 ish weeks and then it would only be 3.5 weeks till 19 week scan. Yes I wasn't being very clear.

Long weekend here (Queens birthday) yay! My DH has been asked to go interstate for 6 weeks for his job :( apparently he will be home on some if the weekends :( Going to be really hard!

Hope everyone is feeling well and happy today xx

Iam one hundred percent positive i felt baby today! Was like a fast two flutters then a thud i remember the sensation from my last pregnancies cheered me up a lot!

Awesome!!! How exciting, can't wait for that....

I had my 12 week scan this morning, was lovely! Everything ok, numbers ok, which was worrying me as I am 39. :) Baby was in uncooperative and he said he was unable to tell babies sex at this point! Bummer had fx that we might find out. Another 7 weeks till next scan...seems so long long away!

I have never heard of anyone finding out the gender that early over here. Is this common?

I found out there is a pregnancy support organization in my area who is training new nurses and looking for volunteers to get FREE ULTRASOUNDS! I called today and got an appointment next Thursday. My next ob appt is the 20th, and then my gender scan is the 30th! I am so excited I get to see baby #4, 3 times in the next 3 weeks! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Wanted to share this in case any of you want to do a search in your area for something similar. When I was pregnant with my first, our hospital was doing a study and I was able to get an ultrasound then too. Might be something to look into, especially those who do not get scans very often!

I will be 13 weeks, so I of course will ask them to make a gender guess. :happydance:

Sorry to be a downer, just been feeling this way and you guys are the best to talk to about these things! I'm finding it hard to really get excited for this pregnancy. I am not as excited to get things ready for him/her and think of names, etc. as I was with #1. I am finding it very hard to believe that there will be a healthy little baby in December for me. I think it's because within the last little while I've had two people (one a cousin-in-law, the other a good friend) loose their babies. Both had unexplained stillbirths, one at full term, one at 31 weeks. When this happens to someone you know it really makes you realize how precious these little lives are and how things do sometimes happen. I think I'm subconciously assuming that the same thing will happen to my little one. I know I need to let go and enjoy this pregnancy and I really am trying. I'm not really depressed or anything, just down sometimes. Sorry to be so depressing!

Juless, I totally understand you. I find that being on bnb can help, but it also makes you much more aware (and paranoid) of everything that can happen. Just remember most babies are born healthy, and you've already had one there is no reason this one won't be. Stay positive, but I think what you're feeling is totally normal. :hugs:

Momto3, I got my gender at 12+6. team :blue:

Sorry to be a downer, just been feeling this way and you guys are the best to talk to about these things! I'm finding it hard to really get excited for this pregnancy. I am not as excited to get things ready for him/her and think of names, etc. as I was with #1. I am finding it very hard to believe that there will be a healthy little baby in December for me. I think it's because within the last little while I've had two people (one a cousin-in-law, the other a good friend) loose their babies. Both had unexplained stillbirths, one at full term, one at 31 weeks. When this happens to someone you know it really makes you realize how precious these little lives are and how things do sometimes happen. I think I'm subconciously assuming that the same thing will happen to my little one. I know I need to let go and enjoy this pregnancy and I really am trying. I'm not really depressed or anything, just down sometimes. Sorry to be so depressing!

It is so hard Juless! But you have to have faith that everything that happens for a reason even if you don't like the outcome.

I am determined to experience every moment of this pregnancy with a smile and the joy of pregnancy. I need to have faith that I will welcome my bubs in to this world into December and my angel, RJ, will be watching over us from heaven. Smiling and protecting us! :hugs: Hope you feel more positive soon. It is ok to be excited no matter what happens. Enjoy every minute.

Juless, I totally understand you. I find that being on bnb can help, but it also makes you much more aware (and paranoid) of everything that can happen. Just remember most babies are born healthy, and you've already had one there is no reason this one won't be. Stay positive, but I think what you're feeling is totally normal. :hugs:

OMGosh, that is crazy they can tell that early!!!!!

I've woke up this morning feeling awfull, banging headache feel sick boobs hurting n legs aching like i have been the gym, I just want to stay in bed allllllllll day lol bu tgot people's hair to do later rly can not be bothered tho. Mum went in this morning fr her op so id rather nt be doing hair cz my mind is gunna be else where anyway xxxx

Fab bump Krippy!

Iv been struggling with a way to announce of fb my pregnancy. Found out the Olympic Torch is coming through Dundee on same day as my scan, so gonna say something along the lines of
'Don't know what's more exciting, seeing the Loympic Torch or Eoins little Brother/sister at the scan today, actually I do!!!!' and attach scan,
What you think too cheesey?

It's funny how we plan our announcements my Facebook status is going to read something like this....
Santa decided to empty his sack early this year, but we have to wait for the present to arrive at Christmas time and now Santas little helper is due 11th December......

What do you think? Cheesy or what!!!

Jules - I'm sorry you are feeling a bit down at the moment but I think it is completely understandable given the sadness you have seen your friends go through. Our bodies and minds are strange things and we all cope with traumas in different ways. I do believe though, that you have to try and be positive. The odds are in your favour and yes, none of us know what is round the corner and there is lots that is out of our control, but you can make a decision to try and maintain a positive outlook. I have had two friends who had similar experiences in their pregnancies. One had prenatal depression and although you don't feel depressed, please watch out for yourself and see your GP if the cloud is not lifting. The other didn't feel excited/connected to her baby after a MC but she began to feel a lot better when she could feel the baby move. Either way, I really hope you do feel better soon. Pull your friends in close and tell them how you feel, feel free to vent here and above all please take care of yourself :hugs:

Juless I know it's hard when you have such terrible things happening to your friends, but you got to remember these things are rare, it's unfortunate that you have had two friends in a short amount of time suffering from still birth. It might seem there are a lot on B&B you have lost a baby but that's because we come looking for people to talk to and B&B is a forum that allows us to talk about our angels, so we're drawn to this forum. As Krippy said our angels are now looking after our LOs we have to have faith and believe our LO will be with us screaming and crying in Dec. I know it's hard when your feeling low, but please look after yourself and begin to enjoy enjoy your pregnancy, you've got so much to look forward too! I know it's a while until your scan, but why not keep goals to look forward too? It helps me get through. For example after my scan my next goal is feeling the baby move etc:hugs:

Sara il be thinking about your mum today hope everything goes well:hugs:

Fifipots I love it, it'll catch everyone's attention too when they see the word Santa and will want to read :happydance:

Thanks baby bell, it's strange cz am nt rly worry about the cancer it's the fact that last time my mum went under she actually died for a bit and they has to resuscitate her thats the worrying part xxxx

Sara, also hoping.the best for your mom!

Thanks guys, I tend to feel silly I feel that way, since rationally I know that chances are all will be fine. I'm trying stay positive. You are all amazing ladies!

Sara:hugs:

Juless please dont feel silly, we all have fears about our pregnancies and we all need to talk about them. But yay positiveness! :happydance: like Mr Motivator used to say 'stupid gmtv aerobics guy from the 90s in UK) 'PMA-Positive Mental Attitude' don't you just love the cheese :haha::hugs:

Just to make it clear, Jules. This is the man baby bell is suggesting you use as your role model:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CEAQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
He was great, I used to do his work out before school every morning :haha: in those days his dress sense was cool:haha:

OMGosh, that is crazy they can tell that early!!!!!

It is early and she advised us to wait till our 20 week scan to be sure... but by the way the baby was positionned she could see it very well and was very confident in her choice. So we're going with that.... but we do have a girl name just in case and we aren't buying anything gender specific until after 20 weeks.

Just to make it clear, Jules. This is the man baby bell is suggesting you use as your role model:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CEAQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

:rofl::rofl:

LOL!! Oh my goodness!

Jules I hope you are feeling bit better. I know where you are coming from. I am having a difficult time enjoying this as well. I'm so worried about all of the things that can happen. I am just trying to stay positive and hope for the best. I'm sure we will probably both have happy healthy babies come December. We just have to try and believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->