• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Lemontea, we are waiting to find out what it is too. We want it to be surprise! Last time, we found out because DH couldn't wait! I knew if he knew, then eventually I would find out so we both found out together, I guessed it too! but this time I have instructed him that we are NOT finding out no matter what! I also have a feeling it is a boy, and it would be nice if it is; one of each. :) Either way, I know we will be thrilled so can't wait til the day!:happydance:

Welcome Jadie & trgirl308 :hi: huge congratulations to you both!! I'll add you both to the EDD list now :)

So a bit of a TMI question - but are any of you off DTD at the minute? I am :blush: not sure why, I just don't want to jiggle and loosen anything up there :rofl: I feel it's a bit too soon, so making OH wait a bit! I'm unsure why as we didn't when I was pregnant with DD :shrug: it just took a little while to conceive this time round so I'm paranoid about anything going wrong I guess x

If it weren't for the sharp cramping I've been having, I wouldn't be off -- I don't feel any different libido-wise (or anyway for that matter -- bring on the symptoms! I'm starting to feel like I'm not pregnant!). We DTD the night before I got my BFP lol. I don't want to deprive DH (or myself!) of anything, but luckily he has been super busy lately applying for a new job, so DTD isn't top of mind for either of us right now. But as soon as this cramping is over, I want to give it another go -- esp. since I have a feeling that once morning sickness hits, or once I get huge, I might not be as comfortable with it. And then the baby will be born and we'll both be exhausted! So I want to use our time wisely, so to speak :)

Have any of you ladies announced it yet? We have already ... so bursting with excitement I couldn't wait lol :D

We've told a few friends here in town, but we haven't told our families or FB yet. I kinda want to wait until we're out of the first trimester if we can.

BUT then I remembered that Sunday is April Fools Day, and now I have this irrational urge to tell our families then!

For those who have already told family, how'd you do it?

I just did the gender predictor and it says BOY. I then put in DS birthdate though and it says GIRL. What a load of nonsense! :rofl: I love things like that though - fun!

Last time my severe MS, high hcg, high fetal HR, cravings, bump shape and my own intuition all said girl. We will definitely be finding out around 16 weeks. I honestly don't mind what I have though I just feel so blessed to be pregnant again!

Hi ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing well.
I have been obsessvily POAS for the last few days. Im getting a super dark line on my ICs now, a dark dark dark positive on the OPKs and I even got a smily face on my CBdigital OPK.:haha: I have one FRER left that Im saving for tomorow morning to compare lines so the OPKs are getting a workout. I ordered 100 of them for my last cycle (We were seriously trying hard to make a baby:haha:) and have about half left ,so I figure why not! They actually show a better 'progression' then the ICs :dohh:
As for :sex:, We havent yet. Not cause we dont want to but because one of our dogs is really sick and in and out of the vet office all week. Im very attatched to him and cant seem to pull myself together enough to not be crying most of the time. And the baby hormones arent helping that at all. We are hoping to have some answers tonight and have him home this weekend some time. I just want life to settle down so we can enjoy being pregnant and it seems like life just keeps throwing us curve balls. :nope:

Since theres some second time moms out there, what is the one thing that you wished you had done your frist time around... belly pictures, a journal, how you told people, your birth plan, things you bought that didnt get used or things that you didnt buy that you needed... Anything or everything you can think of????

My immediate family knows but i've begged them to keep it a secret for now. I'm not sure if DH told his side of the family. Last time we got pg, we were so excited about the twins and very public about it, so when I miscarried at 11 weeks, it was also very public :cry:

We're hoping to avoid that this time. Until I see a baby, with a heartbeat and am in my second trimester, we wont tell anyone. :-$

Has anyone named your bean/bump yet?

Have any of you ladies announced it yet? We have already ... so bursting with excitement I couldn't wait lol :D

We've told a few friends here in town, but we haven't told our families or FB yet. I kinda want to wait until we're out of the first trimester if we can.

BUT then I remembered that Sunday is April Fools Day, and now I have this irrational urge to tell our families then!

Hahhaah do it Sunday!!! I would have never thought of that- great idea!!

We haven't told anyone but our immediate family. Just found out t my doc yesterday I'm going to be high risk so now I will be extra cautious about who knows before 12 weeks!

GS, why do they consider you high risk?

Oh - and another question for you ladies, who else besides me is drained??? I mean it's so bad I am so drained. I used to drink coffee and I cant do that anymore so what do I do. i'm ready to pass out at work....

Haven't been around for a couple of days and I have missed so much! At Center parcs right now with my family. Feeling really poorly :(

:hugs: Ducky..feel better hun.

AFM - I did blood tests today, althought not sure what exactly they are testing - just hcg levels? Anywho, they were supposed to be ready by 3, I called at 3:30 and they hadn't got the results back from the lab. I hope I'm not left lingering over the weekend.

We have told both sets of parents, siblings and my 2 best friends.

Lolly - which double did u go for? I've been having a wee look this evening :)

Won't be ready until until Sun...somehow got everyones results back but mine...go figure..

Since theres some second time moms out there, what is the one thing that you wished you had done your frist time around... belly pictures, a journal, how you told people, your birth plan, things you bought that didnt get used or things that you didnt buy that you needed... Anything or everything you can think of????

Hmmm I wish I'd kept a pregnancy journal as there are bits I've forgotten :( so am doing it this time round! I'd of liked to have made a bump cast too but I wouldn't of had anywhere to put it anyway.

Useless buys were a baby bath. She hated it and much preferred bathing or taking a shower with me or OH. That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll think of tons more :) x

Oh - and another question for you ladies, who else besides me is drained??? I mean it's so bad I am so drained. I used to drink coffee and I cant do that anymore so what do I do. i'm ready to pass out at work....

Absolutely shattered here :sleep: I was half falling asleep at work tonight.

I'm really looking forward to getting in to bed, I just hope it isn't another restless night with wacky dreams :wacko: x

Lolly - which double did u go for? I've been having a wee look this evening :)

I got the iCandy Pear :cloud9: LOVE it!! x

Omg..I am missing coffee... don't know how I will get through the next month!

I told my co-workers, cuz we are a really small team and I don't mind them knowing. And I told my parents, because my dad lives far I did it over the phone. But we will be telling DHs side of the family at easter brunch. And it turns out that we are seeing all of my friends next Friday and then all of DHs friends at his b-day in 3 weeks... so we will tell them in the two groups and that will be it... And I figure everyone else will get the fb announcement once we know the gender.

I feel pretty good.. but bbs are really sore, and definitely lots of cramping. Can't wait to hear from my doctor!! I just don't feel like it is real yet.

We just visited parents and told them straight out! They were all happy for us so no problems :) we were pg in Dec 2010 and we told no-one and mc at 5wks, it was so hard to deal with on our own, I felt like we should have had some more support :-( each to their own I guess!

We've told parents, siblings, close friends and a couple of my friends at work so they could cover for me. I would rather some people know so we can have support in place if needed. Pregnancy wasn't easy for me last time - giving birth was the easiest part!

As for what I regret not doing last time etc:

I don't think I missed out on much. I kept a journal on Bnb but this time it will be a paper journal so I can keep it.
I did a bump cast which I painted up and absolutely treasure. :cloud9:
I went to pregnancy yoga/birthing classes (LazyDaisy) which I will DEFINITELY do again.
I took a bump shot each week wearing the same outfit...and took lots of other preggo pics of myself. We never had a proper pro bump shoot because I don't like that sort of thing...but this time I would like pro bump shots with DH and DS.
I did a mural on the nursery wall which I will do again.
I'm going to go for a relaxing pregnancy massage every month.

Best things we did for baby was borrow as much stuff as possible. There is so much stuff eg. Moses basket you use for a couple months (if at all) so its much better to borrow from a friend if you can.
Now I have even more mummy friends with boys and girls there's a lot more to borrow (and they do the same). :happydance: Of course some has to be new like mattresses and car seats!

Don't think I will get a double buggy, I was going to go for a buggy board/seat. :thumbup:

Oh and I agree don't waste your money on a baby bath or top/tail bowl....but buy dozens of muslins (burp cloths).

Muslims were my saviour for the first 6 months. I will be buying as many as I possibly can this time lol. They were worth their weight in gold for me first time round cuz I have a suuuuuuper sicky baby.

Don't buy tons of baby toiletries because u will just end up using plain water for a long time.
Maybe don't buy outfits for the first year. Obviously u can with things like sleep suits etc but Oliver grew so quickly he was in 12-18mnths by the time he was about 7months old.

For me my sensor pad for the monitor was one of my best buys. Took away so much worry.

Take loads of bump pics :) and even if u feel and look revolting straight after birth get lots of photos. I have none of me and DS until he was a few days old and it's one of my biggest regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->