*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I've had crazy baby brain!

I work in a cath lab and so have to wear a lot of protective gear during procedures. Almost every day I forget something: my goggles, my mask, etc. The nurses and other staff have a great time picking out what I've missed each day!

I wish I could feel baby move.... :( I don't know if I have an anterior placenta, or if I'm just an idiot and can't recognize it...I know he/she IS moving because I've seen it on ultrasound and the midwife could tell when she was looking for the heartbeat, so I'm not worried, I'm just impatient!

imsotired, sorry about all the worry you are going through! I have heard that these tests give false positives like 5% of the time. Are they redoing any bloodwork?

I feel like my life is one big baby brain. I think the most recent is emailing a lady who helps around the house once a month to apologize for not emailing her back a week ago, only to realize that i did in fact email her a week ago after sending the email. so she got a second email apologizing for my pregnancy brain :) I also find myself losing my train of thought very easily.

wishing i could feel my LO move soon...maybe i have and just thought it was gas...

Baby brain....yes. I realize that I've been telling everyone my birthday I'd Monday when it's really on Sunday...geesh!

My baby brain is that I have lost my 2nd pair of sunglasses today, it's onay july:dohh: time to buy some really cheap ones!

Anyone else feeling really emotional? Whenever I think about my baby it makes me want to cry! Happy tears.. But still not great when im in public!

Lovie - me! Anytime I see babies I get sooo emotional and feel so much overwhelming love for my LO. I'm constantly holding back tears

I get teary saying goodbye to a friend after brunch!!

Anyone else obnoxiously love their bump?

Me? I have never been a cryer for movies but now I get teary eyed during some movies especially when the scene involves a touching moment between parent and child.

Has anyone been feeling quite lightheaded/dizzy around the 16 week mark? I've had this on and off for a while, but it has been so humid and clammy outside lately that i've put it down to that. I had my blood pressure done on monday and it was 118/64, I think thats within normal range so I dont think its down to blood pressure.

I went to the chemist today due to getting a little bit of prickly heat on my leg so I wanted some lotion for it. The pharmacist has instructed me to get a doctors appointment asap to check for other problems though, I have been itchy lately but put that down to the heat and skin stretching! I think because this is my second pregnancy im a lot more easy going about things so I miss out on a lot of the things I wouldve freaked out about when I was pregnant with my first lol

On a good note though, I heard babys heartbeat on Monday and my fluttery feelings are coming more regularly, I even swear I got a little tiny kick yesterday :cloud9:

I'm not really feeling very lightheaded but your bp is actually a bit low which is perfectly normal and a good thing in the 2nd tri so it could be that. As long as you aren't passing out I wouldn't worry just mention it to the doctor when you go.

Thank you everyone. I have spoken to the doctors office yesterday and they told me all they could tell me about it really as I didn't know what kind of questions to ask. They said my down and trisomy odds were very good at 1 in 10000. Neural tube defect they thought was good at 1/388 even though to me they sound bad. But the problem was an analyte in my blood which could effect my blood pressure and they even said possibly baby's growth. As far as I know they aren't planning any more blood tests but I'm not sure I have appts on the 12th and the 20th so I'm sure we will discuss it all then. Thank you GenY for the information. I hope that what you have found is accurate and that baby will be just fine. I'm trying to relax and stop worrying buy as you all kknow it's very difficult. I'm still not feeling baby move on a regular basis like most of you are and it's hard to stay positive and enjoy. At this point I can't wait to go to the doctor just to figure out what is going on.

its good they thought it was good im so tired (if that makes sence!) they dont offer that test in sweden so im not familia with it myself. :hugs:

Oh my gosh! Baby brain! DH and I were watching a movie in which it was snowing outside and he said, "Oh look it's snowing" and I looked out our window. It's July and we live in FLORIDA!!!! He couldn't believe I actually thought he meant it was snowing at our house.

Oh my gosh! Baby brain! DH and I were watching a movie in which it was snowing outside and he said, "Oh look it's snowing" and I looked out our window. It's July and we live in FLORIDA!!!! He couldn't believe I actually thought he meant it was snowing at our house.

:haha: thats so sweet!

Me? I have never been a cryer for movies but now I get teary eyed during some movies especially when the scene involves a touching moment between parent and child.

DH and I went to see the Disney/Pixar movie Brave today (he hates cartoons, but I had a violent episode of 'morning' sickness in the middle of the night last night, and he felt so bad for me that he took me to see it to make me feel better lol) -- all the parts with the main character and her mom just made me so sentimental. The movie has a happy ending but I had tears in my eyes when I left, and even though I'm a little sappy, I'm NOT usually that sappy!

i am officially now off work till next year i am still on sick due to my back till the 18th of july then im due 5 weeks leave then my maternity leave starts feel sooooooo free lots of time to spend with my little princesses before baby arrives!!

ive had bad baby brain too i actually left my keys in the ignition, engine running and started walking down the street realised i didnt have my purse otherwise id have left the car and no doubt the car would have been gone when i went back!!

Has anyone been feeling quite lightheaded/dizzy around the 16 week mark? I've had this on and off for a while, but it has been so humid and clammy outside lately that i've put it down to that. I had my blood pressure done on monday and it was 118/64, I think thats within normal range so I dont think its down to blood pressure.

I went to the chemist today due to getting a little bit of prickly heat on my leg so I wanted some lotion for it. The pharmacist has instructed me to get a doctors appointment asap to check for other problems though, I have been itchy lately but put that down to the heat and skin stretching! I think because this is my second pregnancy im a lot more easy going about things so I miss out on a lot of the things I wouldve freaked out about when I was pregnant with my first lol

On a good note though, I heard babys heartbeat on Monday and my fluttery feelings are coming more regularly, I even swear I got a little tiny kick yesterday :cloud9:

I was dizzy on and off from 16 weeks, still am now slightly.. also been itchy not excessively just now and again on my bump and backs of my legs. lol same here this is my 3rd baby nothing seems to worry me too much this time round..

So just back from A&E, baby is fine, I should say first lol
Got a pretty nasty bang on the head at work today :nope: been looked at by doctor and he says I'm fine, just really dizzy and sore, feeling sorry for myself lol

I get lightheaded too at times - always better if I focus on hydrating and eating frequent, small meals

Feeling lightheaded and dizzy is quite normal at this stage, what with all that extra blood we have being pumped around. As long as your BP and urine tests are fine then you're all good :)

Yay for feeling flutters!

I'm not really feeling very lightheaded but your bp is actually a bit low which is perfectly normal and a good thing in the 2nd tri so it could be that. As long as you aren't passing out I wouldn't worry just mention it to the doctor when you go.

Thank you everyone. I have spoken to the doctors office yesterday and they told me all they could tell me about it really as I didn't know what kind of questions to ask. They said my down and trisomy odds were very good at 1 in 10000. Neural tube defect they thought was good at 1/388 even though to me they sound bad. But the problem was an analyte in my blood which could effect my blood pressure and they even said possibly baby's growth. As far as I know they aren't planning any more blood tests but I'm not sure I have appts on the 12th and the 20th so I'm sure we will discuss it all then. Thank you GenY for the information. I hope that what you have found is accurate and that baby will be just fine. I'm trying to relax and stop worrying buy as you all kknow it's very difficult. I'm still not feeling baby move on a regular basis like most of you are and it's hard to stay positive and enjoy. At this point I can't wait to go to the doctor just to figure out what is going on.

So glad GenY gave you some info and your drs have too. I had gestational hypertension with DD and she was also a low birth weight (5.5lbs) but everything was fine. I was given meds to stop my BP raising any further, but at 38weeks it couldn't be bought down so I was induced and I had a perfectly normal and happy vaginal birth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->