*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hi lovely ladies! I just wanted to pop by again to say I am pregnant and heard the heartbeat today! You were all so kind and helped me feel so much better after my chemical pregnancy in April and I wanted to share the great news with all of you.

It's so fun to see how all of you are doing further along! Enjoy! :hug:

Oh wow MD! Congratulations and so soon! I am beyond delighted for you. Please pop back and let us know how you are doing :hugs:

I'm 19 weeks today! 8 more sleeps until my next scan :happydance:

Has anyone started thinking about names yet? We know we want him to have DH's initials but not the same exact name. No names yet though. We have decided that even when we do we won't share it until the baby shower or when lo gets here :)

Thanks munch!

rbtrying - when is your 20 week scan? Let me know when you have it and if the placenta has moved and I will do the same!

ah md Thats brill have a happy and healthy nine months!.... 20weeks today im officially half way! Yay! Scan Tomorrow ..

munch thats interesting im very pale so maybe no line for me!

im sorry the school holidays are dragging for you.. i loved all the free art galleries in melbourne but i guess there is only so many times you can go there!

less than a week till my scan im so excited!! :)

LuLu - They said my placenta looked fine at my private scan but have my 20 week anomaly at the hospital today and they'll check everything more thoroughly. The placenta does move about, so I hope yours moves for you :hugs: they should offer you regular scans to monitor it's position.

lovie - My milk with DD came in quite early, I thought it was great!

munch - My baby's movements are like that too, I just have to keep reminding myself it's still quite early days and that I hadn't even felt DD by this stage!

Blu - We have some names picked out, but like you, won't be telling anyone until she's here :) I don't want any copycats :haha: but more so, I don't want or need to hear anybody's opinion or advice on names we've picked :dohh: I hate when someone out right tells you they don't like your name choice! ''I DON'T CARE!!!'' :trouble: haha!

Happy 20 weeks mummyof2girlz - officially at the half way mark! :wohoo: I'll be joining you tomorrow, but I do have my 20 week anomaly today. Excited!

Has anyone started thinking about names yet? We know we want him to have DH's initials but not the same exact name. No names yet though. We have decided that even when we do we won't share it until the baby shower or when lo gets here :)

We have a few keeping quite for now but there is loads i like. My mother in law keeps ringing with suggestions and me and hubby do not like them, i hate the pressure thats put on you i lost my uncle a few years back and my hubby his grandad if its a boy we would like there names as middle names (john george mouthful i know) if its a girl id like my nans names as middle name (edith) shes 99 this year and it would make her really happy but the first names are our choice :hissy: lol

Yeah we been thinking of a few. We really want the first name to be Scottish, as my OH and me have Scottish first names and our wee boy has a Gaelic (Scots not Irish) name. So we would like to carry that on. We have picked middle names that are related to our wee boy, but don't think anyone else will pick up on it. But we just want our baby to share something with their big brother :flower:

we have been name thinking, but mostly girls names, we love the name thoedor for a bou, it is said tio-dor here, i love the nick name teddy so that would be nice.

for girls we like freja (even tho it is ridiculously popular, it is a norse name and the godess of fertility so that means a lot to us) we also like älva which is said el-va, it means from nature elf/fairy.

We have a girls name - India Grace. As for a boy - we like Sebastian and Cameron... I also like Auden but we're not even close to deciding yet.

I'm having a stressful old day - it's a very very very long story that I'm not sure I could even explain properly if I tried, but my OH has been effectively dragged in by the Police this afternoon when he hasn't done anything at all wrong. He has good representation and they are sure that the Police have no case against him and that it's an intimidatory exercise (great use of their time huh?) but I can't help but worry like mad. He's there now... I think I might do some housework to take my mind off it a little.

Hope everyone else is having a smoother day of it :)

goodness redhead how worrying for you:hugs: i hope he's home relaly soon!

I love your names, india grace is such a pretty girly name :)

Thanks... I have always had India in my mind, and thankfully the OH likes it too :)

He said he'd ring me as soon as he was out of the station - our only worry is that some people have lied to make it get this far... we'll see what comes out in the wash. It's frustrating because we're supposed to be concentrating on the most important event of our lives (this will be our first) and we're being distracted by all this other rubbish.

Sorry for the rant ladies - where shall I start on the housework??? ;)

Thanks ttc_lolly. Do you think maybe I should call my doctor's office and set up an appointment to confirm the placenta's position? Or wait until my 20 week appointment? I guess it doesn't matter either way. There is nothing they can do about the placenta except wait and see if it moves.

Oh no Redhead :hugs: how worrying. I hope everything goes ok, and he's back home to you soon.

Lulu - I'd definitely ring to discuss it with your doctor if you are at all concerned, but like you said, unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it except hope it shifts, and they'll 100% keep an eye on it. The plus side of course is you'll get extra scans to see baby. A friend from BnB had placenta previa detected early on, and she had scans every couple of weeks or so and it did eventually move and she was able to have a perfectly normal vaginal delivery :thumbup:

AFM - Just back from my 20 week anomaly scan and it was fab. They are much more thorough this time round as they literally check everything - Head and stomach circumference, limb lengths, brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, diaprahgm (sp) and a ton of other stuff! My little lady was very awkward and wouldn't get in the right position for the sonographer to see all of her heart chambers and blood flow correctly so we had to go for a walk and then go back in 30mins later, but all turned out fine and she's perfect :) That's me all done for scans now, as long as the pregnancy goes smoothly from here of course.

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/95a7d2d9.jpg

Thanks. I called my doctor and they are going to have a nurse call back to discuss.

Congrats on your scan today. She is so cute!!!

TTC_Lolly - love hearing your scan story - makes me so excited for mine!

Redhead - what a terrible stress! I hope to hear that it is all done and over with soon!

As for names, DH and I have talked about it here and there but we have a very difficult time agreeing. We have also agreed not to discuss names with family/friends in order to avoid hearing everyone's opinion. We got into an argument last time we tried to talk about it and have decided as such to leave it for a few months until the due date is closer. That being said, we did both like the name Carly, so that is high on our list for a girl. We have much more disagreement on a boy's name as DH either wants HIS name (which I'm quite against, as it has been passed down long enough as far as I'm concerned and it's a very plain name) and the other name he really likes is a bit "out there," and I'm worried it's too unusual! I'm not being very flexible, I know, so hopefully time will help :)

Congrats on a great scan Lolly. Can't wait to see my little man again next week.

DH has agreed to keep name a secret but I honestly think he will secretly tell his mom because he is such a momma's boy. That burns me up even thinking about it but maybe I should hold off on being mad until something actually happens. lol

My mom keeps texting me with name suggestions and I'm like no. That's partly why I don't want to have the name conversation with anyone. I don't want their suggestions or comments at all. They've all already had their chance at the name game when they had their children. It's me and DH's turn to decide that on our own. I just hope he doesn't tell...

Any advice for a lingering cold ladies? I've had it since the 25th June. I've been eating fruits and drinking lots of water but it still lingers and is very annoying. Sorry TMI alert....now it's turned from clear to yellow and now green with the occasional streak of blood when I blow my nose first thing in the morning.

Oh and I've had all the vitamin C tabs I can take. I've read too much isn't good for baby. Any advice anyone?

By the way love hearing of all the scan stories and seeing the u/s pics. Seeing babies in utero is such a miraculous wonder!

AFM: apart from the cold, i feel these pops low down in my stomach (close to pubic bone) everyday. It's usually off to the left side. Can't wait for my next scan to confirm that what I feel is the little one kicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->