*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

its so nice everyone finding out what they are having ive got another 18 day :( i want it to come round so fast xxxx

I've been feeling lots of pokes and jabs, especially at nighttime. I think LO has found one of my nerves that he likes to kick because occasionally it will feel like a little electric shock in my uterus.

Also I think he's going through a growth spurt because last night I went to bed at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 7. Not even to pee!

I've been feeling lots of pokes and jabs, especially at nighttime. I think LO has found one of my nerves that he likes to kick because occasionally it will feel like a little electric shock in my uterus.

Also I think he's going through a growth spurt because last night I went to bed at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 7. Not even to pee!

I get those "electric shocks" in my uterus too. I'm like, what is that? I don't know if it's a kick or a ligament stretching. I've been feeling sick today. Nauseous and headache and a little dizzy.. Figures it'd happen the day I decide to actually go in to the office instead of work from home.

I get overheated so easily now. When I do all I want to do is lay on the floor and die because I feel so awful. It usually takes about an hour to pass, but dear lord that hour is hell. And of course it ONLY happens when I'm at work!

My grandpa/family just got done seeing the oncologist and he has 4-6 months to live, maybe up to 12 if they do chemo. He has an MRI next week to see if it's spread to the brain and they will decide from there.

Blu - sorry to hear you're under the weather and seeing stars! Make sure to get plenty of rest and fluids!!!!

And Sam - that's terrible about your grandfather -- I hope he is at least kept comfortable and you can spend some good quality time with him.

I didn't really start to feel baby moving until 17-18 weeks, and even now it isn't every day. For me it feels like a fish farting underwater...just a little stream of bubbles. Sometimes at night when I play the baby music (1-2 songs before bed every night) I think I feel s/he rolling, but I'm not sure.

My grandpa/family just got done seeing the oncologist and he has 4-6 months to live, maybe up to 12 if they do chemo. He has an MRI next week to see if it's spread to the brain and they will decide from there.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa Samj. :hugs:

Blu - sorry to hear you're under the weather and seeing stars! Make sure to get plenty of rest and fluids!!!!

And Sam - that's terrible about your grandfather -- I hope he is at least kept comfortable and you can spend some good quality time with him.

I didn't really start to feel baby moving until 17-18 weeks, and even now it isn't every day. For me it feels like a fish farting underwater...just a little stream of bubbles. Sometimes at night when I play the baby music (1-2 songs before bed every night) I think I feel s/he rolling, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the well wishes GenY. That was so funny - fish farting underwater :haha:- you made me burst out laughing at work

I also posted this in second trimester but would like your opinions too.

With my first pregnancy I had to have a c-section because my son was breech and too big to try to turn. I had no problems with recovery and didn't feel at all like I didn't bond with my son because of the c-section.

With this baby from the beginning my doctor said it was up to me to decide VBAC or c-section. I thought I wanted to do another c-section because of increased risk of problems that can happen with a vbac. But now I'm on the fence...my husband is pretty set against a vbac and I think it's because he's nervous/scared to go through the birth process due to increase risks. I have also heard that a second c-section is much harder to recover from.

I would just like some opinions from some people that may have been through it or are trying to make the decision now.

Stark - I haven't been through it personally but have a close friend who was determined to have a VBAC...and she did! Naturally! And it went seamlessly smooth :)

The risks of VBAC are probably much lower than you and DH might realize. In fact, the American College of Gynecologists (ACOG) recently released a statement that they believe a VBAC is less risky than a second c-section.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/vbac.html

I hope that article helps, and good luck with your decision-making!

I get those "electric shocks" in my uterus too. I'm like, what is that? I don't know if it's a kick or a ligament stretching. I've been feeling sick today. Nauseous and headache and a little dizzy.. Figures it'd happen the day I decide to actually go in to the office instead of work from home.

hm maybe it is round ligament and that's why I've had it so much lately bc I seem to be having a growth spurt. Though it is really only on my uterus and not radiating to the sides at all.

Sorry you haven't been feeling well :( Those days are never fun. :flower:

Stark - I had an emergancy c-section with my first it was the most horrific and scary ordeal ive ever been through as i was put under a general anaesthetic and my son was resuscitated, i never saw him for 5 hrs and then the following morning he was sent to the city without me as id had a c-section and couldnt fly with him (i flew the next day on air ambulance). Anyhow after that experience i was determined to have a vbac with my second despite being told i shouldnt and i successfully delivered a healthy baby girl with no pain relief an experience ill treasure forever.
However i suffered a 3rd degree tear, doesnt mean it will happen to you and i dont want to scare you but this now brings me to my new delima, after speaking to the midwifes they have informed me if i tear again (and my little girl was only 6lb) i may end up incontinent (both ways TMI i know but its a scary thought) so i now need to decide whether to risk it happenenig again or have an elective c-section. Any thoughts or past experiences from you lovely ladies would be greatly appreciated. xx

Had my scan today and all went well! (I'll try to post a pic of the cute little profile tomorrow!). Turns out we're teeeeam pink again! I have to be completely honest.. I was kinda disappointed, as I kept thinking this was a boy and thinking how nice it would be to have a little boy this time. I'm still feeling a little bit of that, but I'm excited to have another little girly! Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or anything, but feel a little aww shucks about it, know what I mean? I think partly I'm just trying to wrap my head around it since I kept thinking boy all along! Still happy though, it'll be nice to have two little girls!

Had my scan today and all went well! (I'll try to post a pic of the cute little profile tomorrow!). Turns out we're teeeeam pink again! I have to be completely honest.. I was kinda disappointed, as I kept thinking this was a boy and thinking how nice it would be to have a little boy this time. I'm still feeling a little bit of that, but I'm excited to have another little girly! Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or anything, but feel a little aww shucks about it, know what I mean? I think partly I'm just trying to wrap my head around it since I kept thinking boy all along! Still happy though, it'll be nice to have two little girls!

Tottaly understand what u mean but congrats on a little girly, i dont care if we have a girl or a boy but for some reason i keep thinking girl n everyone else thinks boy, i no ill b slightly disappointed but thts jus cz girls clothes r lovely, ive got a friend who found out they are having a little boy the other day she was so happy but OH was slightly disapponited cz he wanted a girl lol, i also have another friend and her hubby has got a little girl with someone else already and she has set her heart on having a little boy cz she wants it to feel like something new with him n cz he already had a lilgirl and hes always wanted a boy, but im gettin this horrible feeling that its gunna b a girl and she will be devastated tbh i keep telling her dont set ur heart on it cz its 50/50 xxxx

fish farting underwater! :rofl:
i dont kno why im soo tickled by that :)

my little man is now kicking hard enough to see the movements when i lie down its amazing watching :happydance:

my twenty week scan pic

Attachments

• scan20week.jpg
    scan20week.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1
Great scan Mummy! Kicks you can see from the outside, I'm so jealous!

Congrats on your little girl Juless. Don't worry, I was the same way when I found out. Happy about my baby but was like, dang. DH was really disappointed bc he already has 3 sons and we had decided to only have one child. We are now reconsidering that and are moving towards trying again in a few years. :hugs: nothing wrong with being honest about your feelings.

i completely understand we really wanted a boy with it being our last and having two little girls, as i will never have any more getting hubby snipped asap!! before we can get broody again! For me three is enough id need a new house otherwise,

Is anyone concerned about the size im slightly terrified ill have a 15 pounder as im def going to have an active birth (scared of needles) and my friend keeps telling me as my bump is so big and its a boy she thinks he will be massive and apparently 3rd babies come really fast?? so now im worried ill have a 15lb baby in the back of my car on the way to hospital, irrational i know!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->