*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I was also wondering how much stuff yo but in newborn and 0-3. Been 14 & 16 years since my last babies so can't remember what I had?!

I know, it's hard to remember! I have gone a little crazy, but I just remember sometimes running out of clean vests with DD after all the explosive poo's and then having to go buy more so I thought what the heck this time! I've got most of our stuff preloved too so it's not like I've spent a fortune!

ive gone OTT then oh well they have all been bargains, should maybe have concentrated on vest, sleep suites, bibs ect i think with it being a boy ive enjoyed the buying a little to much... has anyone started on nappies, creams labour bag stuff and that kind of thing yet? ive still got all that buy! I bought bottles tommy tippie ones in blue with little sail boats on really cute was a little sad buying them as i carnt breast feed (cuteness of the bottles makes up for it a little bit)

I haven't got any of that stuff yet. Just some babygrows vests in newborn and a couple of blankets so far. Hardly anything really but I'm enjoying shopping so trying to limit myself and not get everything in one go or I'll end up sat bored twiddling thumbs waiting for December! I thought spreading it out might make it pass faster!!

I'm planning on BF'ing so not buying any bottles or anything, but I do have a breast pump from last time so got that covered. Got given loads of nappies by a friend (about 100 in sizes 1&2 :D) but am also going to try out cloth but won't be doing that until baby's a couple of months old or so.

Not even going to think about packing my hospital bag until I get to around 32-34 weeks, give me something to look forward to :D

We're setting up two basic nurseries - one in canada where the little one will be born and spend the first 6 weeks, then one back here in PNG where we'll be coming back to to stay. The clothing I'm looking forward to, but am a bit more concerned over the big purchase items. We were thinking about the pack and play crib (or similar, with bassinet on top) as the main place for baby to sleep for the first 0-6 months. Has anyone else done that? Would be great as we could use it in Canada, then fly with it, and set it up again back here in PNG...

We're setting up two basic nurseries - one in canada where the little one will be born and spend the first 6 weeks, then one back here in PNG where we'll be coming back to to stay. The clothing I'm looking forward to, but am a bit more concerned over the big purchase items. We were thinking about the pack and play crib (or similar, with bassinet on top) as the main place for baby to sleep for the first 0-6 months. Has anyone else done that? Would be great as we could use it in Canada, then fly with it, and set it up again back here in PNG...

Just bought one today at Toys R Us on sale...$60! It was a great find! You should go pick one up!

I'm hoping to get away with not buying anything for this baby and reusing everything that we have for our son. I'll be doing the laundry twice a week, so five onesies in any given size I found was enough with my son (taking into account the poo explosions too haha).

I'm hoping I can breastfeed this little one too, and for as long as I did with my son, so fingers crossed we won't need to buy any formula, although if we had to go that route, I have Green to Grow bottles on hand <-- these bottles are too cute, it's a shame the company has shut down.

I was also looking at the pack and play cribs with bassinets. I was sondering how long can you use those?

I was also looking at the pack and play cribs with bassinets. I was sondering how long can you use those?

Every pack and play is different. It will have a weight restriction on it. The one that I bought was 20 or so pounds for the bassinet part!

I plan on using a pack 'n play with bassinet in our room until LO is ready to sleep in a crib in her own room. Haven't purchased one yet, I'm looking into the Chicco Lullaby I think it's called? It's pricey, but people have said good things about it and the changing station, which I think will be important at least until we start using the nursery.

I'm twenty weeks today AND iv just noticed the baby on my ticker has changed and now has a chubby(er) tummy:haha:

Ive got one with bassinet, it vibrates and plays music had it for my second so kept it downstairs for during the day and Ive got rocking crib that will be upstairs my pram is the silver cross sleep over so it changes into a Moses basket and came with stand but doubt ill end up using that messing about changing it back will be a pain. Also my pram does Not fit in my car i am gutted! Think i might have to get a new car lol.

I'm picking up an Arms Reach Co Sleeper bassinet to use in my room until baby's 8-9 weeks. It hooks into the side of your bed. I used a regular bassinet with my first and foun it very difficult to check on him in middle of night and nurse because I had a c section! I'm hoping this new one makes it easier!

Krippy, that's a great price! Which one did you buy?
At what age would a baby reach 20 pounds?
Is there a way to add a better or thicker mattress so that they're as comfy as they would be in a crib, once they are out of the bassinet part and using the 'play' area to sleep?
Scooby, my DH is Italian and he's really pushing all of the Chicco line!
Mummyof2, what kind did you buy? heehee about getting a new car!

We got the Safety First Playspace Playard...It is a small version but will be good for what we need to for. It has a movable bottom just like a crib...It was a great price! :)

20 weeks today! :happydance: I have my scan tomorrow and cannot wait to see baby again :happydance:

Happy 20 weeks Ocean_Pearl and Baby Bell!

We're going to buy a bassinet for our bedroom for the first few months. Crib is in the the room next to ours. I'm not sure if the pack and play will stay downstairs or end up in our room after baby has outgrown the bassinet. We'll see. DH is not a fan of kids staying the bedroom for a long time.

Been thinking of getting a cradle or bassinet for the bedroom because I want baby close for the first 6 months (give or take). I will be getting a pack n play with the bassinet feature but that will stay in the living room because I know how much newborns sleep and I'll need it for when I'm downstairs.

I've had an emotional weekend but I seemed to handle it all pretty well stopping myself before crying. Saw baby's kicks through my stomach yesterday! She is kicking much higher now. Though she hasn't kicked yet today:nope:. I also notied I'm gaining weight in my thighs and maybe a little in my face...:wacko: Not looking forward to the diet after she arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->