*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Is anyone else in pain when bubs moves around? I was sitting in my office today and it felt like she stretched out from my backbone to my stomach and I was having this horrible pain right at the front below my bellybutton. I kind of gently pressed against my stomach and shifted back and forth a bit and it quickly went away, but she proceeded to violently kick me on the right side. It was definitely unexpected and quite uncomfortable to say the least, usually I enjoy all of her little movements.

We have our name; actually decided on it before the gender scan and announced it at our gender reveal party. Our little boy is Harrison, and his middle name is after DH's grandpa (Leonard). It's so nice to have a little identity for him already. Plus since we announced that it IS his name (weren't wishy washy about it), no one has given ANY bad feedback about it. Hopefully that means everyone really does love it as much as we do ;)

For Christmas, we are going to stay at our house and since my immediate family will likely be in town we'll do something very small at our house. Nothing big since if he is late at all I could end up being in the hospital on Christmas. DH hasn't talked to his mom about their plans, but I don't plan to do anything, and I'll let DH relay that message to his family.

Congrats Sara on your little girl! How exciting!

Sorry to hear about your scare Bell, glad everything turned out fine :)

This pregnancy is dragging....I am trying to enjoy it as it will be my last. I am certain about it :) There is a certain contentment knowing this is my last. Not feeling great deal of movement still (anterior high placenta) and still trying to work out a name, we have two and I am thinking we will wait till we see him before choosing, which is so unlike me as usually I like to have it all prepared and worked out :)

Anyone willing to share name choices? X

We have Raif for a boy and Remi for a girl! Excited about both of them...How about you?

They are lovely names Krippy! Like them both....Remi is gorgeous. We are tossing around Nathaniel at the moment.... But that could change next week....

OMG you girls crack me up.
First off- who paints the hall ceiling orange? And the walls black? Were they looking for ways to make their acid trips more exciting??

Second off - love all the names you girls have chosen! DH and I have decided not to talk names too too much right now, but we went through a list of names I had made and he crossed off the ones he didn't like, put plusses and minuses by other ones, and then actually we've found a few more from watching the Olympics! Strangely enough, even though this is a December baby, one of the names I love for a girl is Summer. Is that too weird?

I would LOVE some ADVICE from you girls about what you're doing with family for Christmas! We are due December 10th and my older sister (who can be pushy to say the least) basically told me that everyone is going to want to see the baby so she assumed EVERYONE would travel and come to our house. She of course said everyone else would cook/clean and I'd just have to sit there, but LORD, if I go a little late the baby won't even be 2 weeks old. I don't know that I want 10+ people in the house? Also don't really want to travel either, was kind of hoping everyone would leave us alone for Christmas Day this year!!! What are you all doing?

OMG I nearly fell over reading your post, is your sister kidding! Or does she not have children. There is no way in hell I would want to host Christmas this year, not with a new born, I think its way easier to go to another families house (provided it's not super far away), then that way all you have to think about it the baby and you can leave when needed. I get that you won't be cooking etc but seriously you will end up having to do a lot.

Anyway, good luck with it all. LOVE the name Summer and it fits with our seasons over here. My DD1 goes to school with a Winter, which at first I wasn't that keen on (the name not the girl :)) but now I like it. Names grow on you that's for sure! X

I agree - no way to hosting Christmas, even if people are going to cook & clean. We are going to the in-law's for dinner and then we are free to leave when we like.

Expatt, went to the doctor today and she confirmed no sex... in fact nothing can go up my vajayjay after 24 weeks. So technically I could have sex now... but I would rather not risk it. Basically I have to get another scan at 32 weeks to see if the placenta moved, if it didn't then no more sex until after birth and birth by c-section only. Fx it moves by then!

trgirl, I'm going to book a scan once I'm in London (around Week 23) to see if things have moved, and also just to make sure all is good after some long-haul flights I need to take. The no-sex thing is frustrating, but I'm with you about not risking it. Fx we both are up and running at least by 32 weeks! Looooong hauls with lots of cold showers till then!!

As for other ladies and Christmas, I will be going back to Canada to give birth, and we have DH's family flying in from Italy for the birth AND Christmas, so no matter what it will be a full house. I really don't want to have everyone around, but it's very important to DH, so I'm just going to sit back and take it. We'll rent a house just for the three of us (incl baby) so at least we have a place to escape, and have everyone else visit. For Christmas day itself, all that planning will have to wait till we see when the little one decides to join us, since my due date keeps switching between Dec. 18-20th...

I'm hoping I can convince my family to move our Christmas shindig back a few weeks and do it in January. I don't want to be running around in the 20 degree weather with a newborn, and I'm not sure how I'd react to having everyone here when she's only a few days/weeks old.

For xmas I presume we are going to do what we always do and that is go to my mum and step dads house on xmas day and then boxing day with dad and step mum. Unless I go 10 days over, like my sisters both did, my mum did and his mum did! Then that makes it Xmas eve!!!

I had a horrible dream last night that I had left my baby at home and gone out shopping!! It was awful!! I'd just forgotten her! In all my dreams now it is a girl baby, even though we dont know what it is yet!

trgirl, I'm going to book a scan once I'm in London (around Week 23) to see if things have moved, and also just to make sure all is good after some long-haul flights I need to take. The no-sex thing is frustrating, but I'm with you about not risking it. Fx we both are up and running at least by 32 weeks! Looooong hauls with lots of cold showers till then!!

As for other ladies and Christmas, I will be going back to Canada to give birth, and we have DH's family flying in from Italy for the birth AND Christmas, so no matter what it will be a full house. I really don't want to have everyone around, but it's very important to DH, so I'm just going to sit back and take it. We'll rent a house just for the three of us (incl baby) so at least we have a place to escape, and have everyone else visit. For Christmas day itself, all that planning will have to wait till we see when the little one decides to join us, since my due date keeps switching between Dec. 18-20th...

My doctor won't prescribe a scan before 32 weeks... and I don't feel like being out of pocket 200$.. so wait it is! Hopefully your 23 weeks shows some movement.

Most of our family lives here, except my dad who will come in for the holidays. And we'll do our usual small get together with my mom on Christmas Eve and then DHs family and my dad on Christmas day. I won't have to do anything so I don't mind.. and when it is all done we go back to our house where we have no houseguests. Sounds pretty good to me!

All of our family lives within about 10 miles from us, so as long as the weather is good we will be traveling to 4- yes 4 different places this Christmas. 2 on Christmas eve and 2 on Christmas day. Depending on how I feel and when I give birth we may not be staying very long at any of those places but as for now those are the plans that stand. I'm actually hoping I give birth a little earlier than my due date which is the 6th but I know that some women go up to 2 weeks after their due date so I'm prepared for that. I wouldn't want to have it at my house. First of all my house is way to small to host a party for my family as it's huge. Second of all I would feel the need to get up and do things even if family said they'd do it all. So as I said as long as the weather is good we'll just go see everyone like usual. I would also LOVE it if the road near my house was fixed and opened by then as it would make all of our trips much quicker!

I don't know what we'll do for Christmas. I keep saying stay home but I get sad thinking that I wont see my family. My mom lives about and 1 1/2 away but doesn't drive. I may see if she can take the bus here but we'll see. My dad moved closer to us so we may visit with them for a while. I just can't imagine traveling but I have no idea what DH wants to do now. He keeps saying we wont travel but I know him, he'll get an inkling to see his family at the last minute and an the road we go.

my name choices so far are boy Jaspare Lee and a girl Tinley Grace

How many outfits 0-3 is everyone intending on buying not sure if i should start on the 3-6 months clothes or if i need more been 6 years since my last i carnt remember??

You will need a few newborn bits hun, but I wouldn't go mad as they are out of them by the time they are 10-11lbs (so depending on whether you normally have big babies or are measuring ahead, maybe you shouldn't get any at all!). You'll need a few 0-3 sizes though as 3-6 doesn't start until they are 18lbs or so I think x

Ive got a few newborn baby grows, hats, scratch mits and vests could do with a few more i think only got 2 newborn outfits.. ive got about 17 0-3 outfits need vest and baby grows... ive no idea what to expect this time first was 7lb 10 second 5lb 6 needed tiny baby for her and then its thinking about the weather in November so lots of warm clothes needed sooo confused maybe easier to get newborn and 0-3 then get 3-6 when hes here. Ive become addicted to these buy and sell pages on fb!! BARGAINS..

Tell me about it! I've got some absolute bargains from eBay, saved myself a fortune! Well my DD didn't fit into most 3-6 until she was close to 4 months! So you've got plenty of time to start buying those size things once bubs is here :flower:

i bought six timberland oufits for £6!!! i love ebay and buy sell swap i did all the brand new with my first learnt my lesson after she grew out of them so fast.. some things we have not been able to resist i love mothercare and next but what id spend on one outfit ive been able to get a bundle..

For baby clothes I'm going by what DS used (although he did have severe reflux):

Tiny baby
- 5 short sleeved vests
- 3 sleepsuits
- 1 outfit
Newborn
- 6 short sleeved vests
- 6 sleepsuits
- 2/3 outfits (including 1 christmas outfit)
0-3 months
- 6 vests
- 6 sleepsuits
- 5 outfits

I am not actually going to go out and buy and 0-3 or above until baby is more than a month old (unless I spot a bargain). DS was 6lbs 6oz and 22 inches born and was in early baby for 4 weeks at least. He was then in newborn for the next month.
I guess how many clothes you need also depends on how often you wash. We put a load on every 1-2 days so can get by with less clothes.

Of course I am probably going to be bamboozled because a girl wardrobe is quite different although I loke to dress LOs in sleepsuits mainly for the first month or two. So much easier and more comfy for them. I save the outfits for photos/visitors or special occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->