*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

:hugs: Bell I'm sorry to hear of your scare. Glad lo is doing ok. And yes, maybe holding off on watching midwives is a good idea for now.

Sara, congrats on your :pink: Fab scan hun!

Oh Lord...Fleas...*shudder* *vomit* *runs screaming* I swear those little bugs enjoy biting me more than any other animal around. They make me absolutely crazy! :nope:

I don't always feel baby move a lot -- in fact, I'll sometimes go for days where I barely feel him or her. And I definitely don't see the movements on the outside of my belly yet...must be something to do with all that first trimester weight gain/padding :blush:

I was doing a Zumba class last night though and I got a big old jab right in the middle of dancing around, like the baby was saying "what the hell is all this?" Made me laugh!

Congrats to all of those with wonderful scan pics to share -- can't wait to be sharing our pics after the deliveries!!!

:rofl: at baby interrupting your zumba class!!! i think my baby does the same thing when im doing things outta the ordinary

Bell - So glad all is okay!

Today is my halfway point! I told my husband I think that is an occasion worthy of flowers ;) Does anyone else feel like they should be further along than they are? Like I'm excited to be at the halfway point, but then again I'm like wow I'm ONLY 20 weeks?!

Does anyone else feel like they should be further along than they are? Like I'm excited to be at the halfway point, but then again I'm like wow I'm ONLY 20 weeks?!

Yup, that's the issue with us TTC ladies. We find out so early and worry ourselves through the first trimester and then through the scans and this it's like, what now? AND THEN TIME JUST DRAGS! When you find out you're pregnant 10dpo, you feel like you've been pregnant forever, even though you're only 20 weeks.

Yup, that's the issue with us TTC ladies. We find out so early and worry ourselves through the first trimester and then through the scans and this it's like, what now? AND THEN TIME JUST DRAGS! When you find out you're pregnant 10dpo, you feel like you've been pregnant forever, even though you're only 20 weeks.

Definitely. Even though compared to how long we did TTC. I will be pregnant for less time than it took to get here!

Congrats Sara on your little girl! How exciting!

Sorry to hear about your scare Bell, glad everything turned out fine :)

This pregnancy is dragging....I am trying to enjoy it as it will be my last. I am certain about it :) There is a certain contentment knowing this is my last. Not feeling great deal of movement still (anterior high placenta) and still trying to work out a name, we have two and I am thinking we will wait till we see him before choosing, which is so unlike me as usually I like to have it all prepared and worked out :)

Anyone willing to share name choices? X

Thanks ladies, girl is kicking up a storm today so all is well! Had an OB appointment today and he let me know my ultrasound results were great as were my blood test results, all low risk! :D
As for the fleas, yep they are awful! But sent my husband in and he sprayed the place, haven't had a flea bite since! Now it's the painting, which is taking forevvvver! (I hate that I can't help out!). A few rooms need many coats of primer to cover the BLACK ceilings and dark walls!! Oh, and the hall has an orange ceiling!?!? WTH??!?? lol

Fifipots - could you be having a boy? I think i see a little something between bubba's legs in the last pic.

That would be my ideal but I'll have to wait till September for the 4D scan to find out for sure x

Thanks ladies, girl is kicking up a storm today so all is well! Had an OB appointment today and he let me know my ultrasound results were great as were my blood test results, all low risk! :D
As for the fleas, yep they are awful! But sent my husband in and he sprayed the place, haven't had a flea bite since! Now it's the painting, which is taking forevvvver! (I hate that I can't help out!). A few rooms need many coats of primer to cover the BLACK ceilings and dark walls!! Oh, and the hall has an orange ceiling!?!? WTH??!?? lol

black and orange ceilings!?! WTF :rofl:

23 weeks for me today :happydance: this week has been the slowest of them all I think. I'm so sad I have nothing new to count down too. Not seeing the MW/consultant until I'm 26 or 28 weeks (can't remember which :dohh:) and my GTT coming up soon is nothing to look forward to!

Congrats Sara on your little girl! How exciting!

Sorry to hear about your scare Bell, glad everything turned out fine :)

This pregnancy is dragging....I am trying to enjoy it as it will be my last. I am certain about it :) There is a certain contentment knowing this is my last. Not feeling great deal of movement still (anterior high placenta) and still trying to work out a name, we have two and I am thinking we will wait till we see him before choosing, which is so unlike me as usually I like to have it all prepared and worked out :)

Anyone willing to share name choices? X

We have Raif for a boy and Remi for a girl! Excited about both of them...How about you?

So True Daydream - we could've had two pregnancies in that time lol

Black ceilings, dark walls, yuck! Glad the fleas are gone Juless!

Happy 23 weeks Lolly!

Great names Krippy!

I like Aiden or Kevin (after DH). It will be one of those two, I think.

The names I have in order are Isabel (after great grandmother) or Caitlin. I haven't decided yet and I'm having a hard time getting excited about them. I'm thinking that as we get closer I'll be more excited about one or the other.

I'm 22 weeks today! That means only 18 weeks to go! I wish the time would fly by because I'm so anxious about the baby. She's only kicking a little this morning and pretty lightly. Can't wait until I can feel her move more often.

I'm feeling really bored today and hoping to find something productive to do!

Hope you ladies are having a good day!

Our names choice at the moment is Isaac ... I also like Owen but my surname is hargreaves??? is it really a good idea to name my child after a footballer... not too sure i think its likely to be Isaac im not allowed a name beginning with J as my nephews are Jack, Jamie and Jacob i dont think my poor mum would cope and the baby would get called the wrong name all the time....

Name picking is so hard isn't it? We are really struggling.........we want Scottish names but we finding it difficult to pick. Keep thinking of very non Scottish names lol, but we will find something I'm sure:shrug:

We have a couple of names in mind but aren't announcing anything (even online!) until baby is here. I'm still not 100% sure of the choices we do have, I'm just really struggling to find a name that really screams out at me. Sod's law - I had loads of boy's name picked that I loved :dohh:

DH had an idea to pick a sport and name her after the gold medalist that wins this years Olympics that way when she's older she can brag that she was named after her parents favorite sport. My issues with this are 1) what if she hates the sport when she grows up (or is no good at it) or 2) what if it's a name that completely does not fit our culture. So I guess we will see. So far the only decent choice I prefer is the women's kayak winner named Emilie.

OMG you girls crack me up.
First off- who paints the hall ceiling orange? And the walls black? Were they looking for ways to make their acid trips more exciting??

Second off - love all the names you girls have chosen! DH and I have decided not to talk names too too much right now, but we went through a list of names I had made and he crossed off the ones he didn't like, put plusses and minuses by other ones, and then actually we've found a few more from watching the Olympics! Strangely enough, even though this is a December baby, one of the names I love for a girl is Summer. Is that too weird?

I would LOVE some ADVICE from you girls about what you're doing with family for Christmas! We are due December 10th and my older sister (who can be pushy to say the least) basically told me that everyone is going to want to see the baby so she assumed EVERYONE would travel and come to our house. She of course said everyone else would cook/clean and I'd just have to sit there, but LORD, if I go a little late the baby won't even be 2 weeks old. I don't know that I want 10+ people in the house? Also don't really want to travel either, was kind of hoping everyone would leave us alone for Christmas Day this year!!! What are you all doing?

Genysuperlady we have told our families that we will have a quiet Christmas just the three of us for Christmas dinner and we will go visit both hour families for just an hour each. Mind you if there is bad snow this year we won't attempt to drive with newborn in the car! They will just have to see baby another day:shrug:

OMG you girls crack me up.
First off- who paints the hall ceiling orange? And the walls black? Were they looking for ways to make their acid trips more exciting??

Second off - love all the names you girls have chosen! DH and I have decided not to talk names too too much right now, but we went through a list of names I had made and he crossed off the ones he didn't like, put plusses and minuses by other ones, and then actually we've found a few more from watching the Olympics! Strangely enough, even though this is a December baby, one of the names I love for a girl is Summer. Is that too weird?

I would LOVE some ADVICE from you girls about what you're doing with family for Christmas! We are due December 10th and my older sister (who can be pushy to say the least) basically told me that everyone is going to want to see the baby so she assumed EVERYONE would travel and come to our house. She of course said everyone else would cook/clean and I'd just have to sit there, but LORD, if I go a little late the baby won't even be 2 weeks old. I don't know that I want 10+ people in the house? Also don't really want to travel either, was kind of hoping everyone would leave us alone for Christmas Day this year!!! What are you all doing?

I think you should agree to not make any plans! Although you have a due date it's not a guarantee, I'm due a day after you and have been induced with my last 2 babies, they do this 12 days over and that would be December 23rd, I have already decided not to be induced then as I'm not going in by choice 2 days before Xmas! Going into labour naturally over Xmas I can deal with but not choosing to!!

We will be going to someone else's house and eating their food Xmas day I'm sure!!!

As far as names go, we can't agree on any!! He likes traditional names and I like less traditional ones!!

My faves at the mo are, Jude or Ryder for a boy and Lana for a girl xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->