*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Ocean_pearl. We're moving in september in 3 weeks' time ad well. Just do a little bit at a time and you will get it done. But i guess the most time consuming part would be finding a place you like. Do you have any options right now?

Girls who are planning to breastfeed, are you going to a class or just reading up on it? I want to be prepared x

Ocean, you can never have too much information but I do think breastfeeding is learned rather than taught. I guess the main tip I can give after feeding my first two for a year each, is that the first few weeks can feel like an uphill battle but if you hang in there and perceiver it gets much easier. With my first I had a fair bit of initial nipple pain as she seemed to be on them all the time but it got much better after about 5 weeks.

Best thing about breastfeeding (in my opinion) is obviously the amazing bond you have with the baby, the convinence and the fact that it's free. Immunisation was made easier too as you can just whip out a boob for instant comfort.

I understand that breastfeeding isn't for everyone. I could never express and didn't even try with DD2 so I was all they had until they commenced on solids. Just remember it takes work to master it but it is just so rewarding.....

X

Ocean_pearl. We're moving in september in 3 weeks' time ad well. Just do a little bit at a time and you will get it done. But i guess the most time consuming part would be finding a place you like. Do you have any options right now?

Yes you're right, flat hunting is a nightmare especially in London, you got to be quick!

Well I'm going on holiday for 8 nights in September from the 1st so will probably start flat hunting as soon as we get back as it's too early now.

Think I'm going to start sorting/organising/chucking stuff now while I have lots of energy.

Good luck with your move!

Girls who are planning to breastfeed, are you going to a class or just reading up on it? I want to be prepared x

Ocean, you can never have too much information but I do think breastfeeding is learned rather than taught. I guess the main tip I can give after feeding my first two for a year each, is that the first few weeks can feel like an uphill battle but if you hang in there and perceiver it gets much easier. With my first I had a fair bit of initial nipple pain as she seemed to be on them all the time but it got much better after about 5 weeks.

Best thing about breastfeeding (in my opinion) is obviously the amazing bond you have with the baby, the convinence and the fact that it's free. Immunisation was made easier too as you can just whip out a boob for instant comfort.

I understand that breastfeeding isn't for everyone. I could never express and didn't even try with DD2 so I was all they had until they commenced on solids. Just remember it takes work to master it but it is just so rewarding.....

X

Thank you, that's lovely. I can't wait. I've mentally prepared myself for it to be difficult at first and I've got support from my partner whom I've told not to let me give in and to carry on. I found a clinic near me on weds so might go down when I'm further along for some last minute tips! X

Awwww ocean that's so sh!t :( as they've given you 3 month's notice there's not much you can do (been in your position last year :growlmad:). I'd start looking for somewhere ASAP hun, and get the professionals in to help move if you can or a lot of good mates who'll do it for free! Don't you dare lift a finger though.

When this happened to us it seemed to be fate! We got a much better place and was paying loads less too x

Thanks hun, yeah I'm hoping it's some sort of twisted fate! The neighbours above us are really noisy so I was worried about sleep deprivation and new baby on top of all that noise.

I've been looking already but everything seems to be avail now, hopefully by beginning sept when I'm back from hols there will be stuff avail for October.

My oh has already said I'm not to do anything :thumbup: my brother is going to help and I could ask my brother in law too x

That's crazy that they can kick you out like that! Here you can only evict someone if you or a close family member want to occupy the property and you have to give 6 months notice for July 1st, you can't just give 6 months notice anytime... And even then the tenant can contest it and depending on the situation you may have to pay their move or give them a compensation of some sort. I think the laws here are a little nuts, but when I see things like that I am glad we have them.

I hope you are able to find something and like lolly said, hopefully it will be something nicer and everything will work out better! :hugs:

Yes it was pretty shocking tbh as we're good tenants, v quiet, always pay on time etc. Very strange

Have they said why they want you out? Our landlord last year could no longer afford to keep the property and so was selling it to people who wanted to live in it themselves. Annoying really, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere bigger adn better :) (hopefully a bit cheaper too!)

We moved last year when I was about 30 weeks pregnant (not due to landlord issues we'd been living with parents previously) like everyone else has said let friends and family do all heavy lifting. My job was to clean the flat which I was more than happy to do as I was nesting lol

Iv just been to gp, been signed off work for two weeks :cry: because of my back pain. Said all I could do was rest it and not strain it, gentle excercise like swimming. But that my work is too heavy for it. :cry: my boss did not sound impressed when I phoned, but iv never been off for more than a day due to injury or sickness, on my last pregnancy I went in everyday, through every ache and pain and against what my body was telling me, it caused me soo much stress and in the end my baby went to heaven.......I'm not risking it again!!

Don't feel bad Baby :hugs: you do what is best for you & baby. Relaxing sounds like a much better option than work, doctor knows best ;) x

Have they said why they want you out? Our landlord last year could no longer afford to keep the property and so was selling it to people who wanted to live in it themselves. Annoying really, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere bigger adn better :) (hopefully a bit cheaper too!)

Nope, no reason, just a letter through the door from the agents. She already texted my oh to say she's got people coming to view it Saturday so it's obviously personal reasons.

I'm sure we'll find somewhere nice, just bad timing as so much going on! Already sorted out all paperwork and thrown out two bin bags of stuff! :thumbup:

Wow, I am so sorry Ocean Pearl!

Me and DH are also in the process of trying to move out and find a new place. We only have a small 2 bedroom. We need a three bedroom because we have DH's stepson. So far there is barely anything available to rent! I am starting to freak out because I would like to put a deposit down on a place by the end of this month, then put in my 30 days to the landords then that will give me a move in date of October 1st! I don't want it to be any later because I still have to do the nursery, and my baby shower will be October 13.

Wow, I am so sorry Ocean Pearl!

Me and DH are also in the process of trying to move out and find a new place. We only have a small 2 bedroom. We need a three bedroom because we have DH's stepson. So far there is barely anything available to rent! I am starting to freak out because I would like to put a deposit down on a place by the end of this month, then put in my 30 days to the landords then that will give me a move in date of October 1st! I don't want it to be any later because I still have to do the nursery, and my baby shower will be October 13.

Sorry you're stressing too! I'm sure we'll both find something soon :hugs:

I can't wait to get the nursery done after we're moved and settled, something to look forward to :thumbup:

Yes, definitely something to look forward to. I had to tell my mom to stop buying stuff for the baby right now because I have no where to put anything.

So pleased, hubby just felt baby kick for the first time, xx

so exciting, fifi! my DH loves to feel the kicks :)

Good luck with the house hunt, lulu and ocean - ocean, sorry to hear about your troubles with your landlord. Makes no sense! Hope it was a blessing in disguise!

I'm curious how far before everyone's due dates your baby shower is going to be? I am thinking 2 months before my due date, so Oct 14. Is that too soon? Lulu, i see you are similar to me wth Oct 13. That makes me feel better about my date, as I was originally thinking sometime in Nov.

Yes, I wanted to have my shower a little earlier because (1) you never know if the baby will come early or not, (2) I want to have time to get things I still need after the baby shower, and (3) I didn't want to be TOO huge for my baby shower and be uncomfortable. We are having a coed shower so it will pretty much be a get together/BBQ/shower. I have heard of woman having showers as early as 20 weeks! Just have it whenever you feel comfortable :)

Baby Bell..... Don't feel bad your doctor has made the right decision. You need to rest up and get your back better. You are completely right not to risk it, life as you know is too precious. Hope you feel better really soon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->