*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I still feel MILES away from the third tri....but my V-day is coming up in 6 days! (oh the funny things we could get that V to stand for....everything but Virginity!!! :rofl:)

I'm having 2 baby showers...MIL insists on throwing one :help: in my DH's hometown, which, like the bridal shower she threw, is destined to be a total snooze-fest with mostly people I don't know (mostly her friends....which is weird, right?).

The second baby shower is the *real* one that my sister is throwing me. We are having it at my friend's townhouse (my sis lives out of town) and I'm hoping to make it a fun affair. We are doing brunch and mimosas (well...mine will be an all-juice "fake-mosa") and keeping it casual :flower:

What are the dates, you ask? Why October 6th and 13th, of course :haha:

My MIL is doing the same thing!!! It will be one with all her friends and her side of the family:dohh:I thought it was weird here too LOL

Then my mom and best friend are throwing me one in my current town(an hour away from my hometown)

and my stepmom is throwing me one in my hometown..

I hate all the attention too and I feel weird if I don't overly thank people because I feel like I'm being so greedy!

At least LO will have plenty of stuff:)

We are buying nursery furniture this weekend WOOHOO!!

woo 25wks today only 15 to go eek excited not long till 3rd tri and the final stretch!

Happy 25 weeks mummyof2girls :) I'll be there tomorrow and I'm so excited! I know most people just celebrate getting to 10, 20, 30 & 40 weeks but I like do the half way points in between those too :haha:

What buggies are everyone getting? When are you buying them if you haven't already? I think I'll get mine after the move in October, I'll be 7 months by then, does that sound ok?

Was thinking about the bugaboo bee as I live in city so need a light buggy, good for pavements and public transport

Whoo! Here's the almost 23 week bump! :happydance:

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 4
Happy 25 weeks mummyof2girls!!

Fab bump LiillyLee!

I think my MIL is throwing a surprise shower in September. I should be happy but I'm not because my lo's godmother is throwing a shower in October -which they know about. I don't want everyone split up, I want everyone at the same shower. My SIIL called asking me for the date of the October one because she wasn't going to be able to make the other one in Maryland- I don't think she realized it was a surprise. I didn't ask her what other one I just told her the date of the one my friend is throwing. DH had told me that we were going to Maryland in Sept bc his aunt was throwing an anniversary party for his parents - I guess that's the cover story. But I'll be pissed if none of them show up to the one my friend is throwing... selfish? maybe :shrug:

Wow, I can't believe some of you ladies are 25 weeks already! Crazy!

The time is flying by!!!

I am just having the one baby shower. It will be coed so we are planning on just one big party. It will be football themed to so now I am thinking about changing the date to October 14 (Sunday) instead of the 13th so that football will be on.

LuLu - I looove the idea of a football themed co-ed shower! Remember if it is on Saturday you'll have all the college games on!

Thought I'd share...my 23w1d bump.

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/0E3B3327-9622-4D50-BA0D-13048ED9A132-15681-000019E0C40D1BDC.jpg

Yeah true about the college games. But me and DH are Raider's fans (and USC fans, although DH also likes the Oregon Ducks...). And I think my sister is doing a Raiders theme baby shower. All she told me was that it was football theme. But she is having me and DH wear our Raider's jersey's in our photo for the invitations. And my mom also said "Oh I think your sister is doing a Raiders theme shower). So if we have it on Sunday, when the Raiders play, I think it would fit :)

Cute bump Gen!

That sounds fine ocean :) the bee would be great for the city too. We have the iCandy pear, I bought mine aaaages ago as I found it preloved, excellent condition and dirt cheap!

Beautiful bump Lilly! I must try remember to post my 25wk bump pic tomorrow if I remember. Really slacking at taking progression pics...

Loving all the bumps ladies! So neat and perfect!

I am feeling down about my weight this morning, I have always had issues and been up and down. Pregnancy esp tends to put me back up. My friends all tell me not to worry about it and that I will loose it again but I just hate feeling large again. It's my 3 rd so stretch marks and jiggly bits a plenty..... Sorry for going on.... I know it's part and part of pregnancy but I am so jealous of all you ladies that seem to be bumps only. X

Awwww munch :hugs::hugs: you are allowed to feel this way, pregnancy affects us all differently. I know with my first pregnancy I hated the way I looked, and the stretchies that came along as well as the weight gain :( what's to like about it!? And I'm not too bad this time round, but it's still early days yet! You've just got to keep telling yourself that your body is currently on loan to your baby, but it will be back to you in no time :flower:

A couple of friends also posted some inspirational pictures on FB that I found helped too :) some may think they are a bit tacky, but I really like them!

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xDpN9pQ3Xsg/TrhnAKNdepI/AAAAAAAABAQ/pq-eej0TgHw/s1600/tiger%2Bstripes.jpg

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/sretchies-1.jpg

Aww munch! Believe me I am not all bump. I am bump, thighs, butt, arms, and face. But it's my first and everything feels all tautly stretched. DH was so "kind" the other day to wiggle his finger under my chin and raise his eyebrows. I declined comment and shoved half a chocolate chip cookie in my mouth.

Thanks Lolly and LillyLee....just having a bad day I guess and hating my wardrobe. Knew I could count on my snowflakes for some wise words!
My DH has an amazing body and this makes it worse for me I think. Drives me crazy that he stays exactly the same throughout this. He is not judgmental at all but he works in the management at a shopping mall and is surround by girls that parade around in the latest fashion with amazing bodies and this emphasizes all my insecurities..... Yep having a bad day but a huge thank you! Xxxx

Oh Munch, sorry you are feeling down about yourself. Love the motivational pic's Lolly put up tho. So true! Its my first, so while i'm not yet showing stretch marks, man does everything feel tight, sore, and itchy! My friend said my butt is rounding out more too, and DH looks and me and says 'wow, you are HUGE!'. I tell him this ain't nothing compared to what I will look like in a few months! I am trying to embrace all of the aches and pains and bodily changes. Still can't believe I'm growing a human inside of me. Girl power to us!!

On another note, my second cousin had her baby 2 MONTHS early because the cord was in a knot and she stopped feeling baby move for a couple days. Baby girl is only 3.5 lbs. I'm not sure how she is doing, but this has me totally stressed out about how anything can happen at any moment. I think I'll be all fine and pregnant for the next 4 months, but that may not be the case. So scary!

Aww Munch :hugs: I have those days as well. Especially when people tell me how huge I am and their eyes pop out of their heads when I tell them I'm not due until December. It bothered me so much I asked my doc yesterday if my bump was abnormally large. She measured it and said I was measuring dead on for 24 weeks so no need to worry and to ignore the rude comments. DH loves to look at me and tell me how huge I am but oh well. I'm ok with it as long as my little man is ok. I figure as die hard of a mother I will be for him after he gets here, dealing with weight gain and stretch marks now is a piece of cake.

The thing that did help was buying appropriately sized clothing. Instead of squishing myself into my normal clothes, I realized I I needed to buy maternity clothes or pieces in larger sizes. It's amazing the difference it makes - not to mention how much more comfortable it makes me.

Lolly, great posts!

Chloe - how scary. I hope she and her lo are doing ok. I had a horrible dream the other day that I went into preterm labor at this stage. It was awful! I was relieved to wake up and realize it was all a dream.

:hugs: munch. I suppose pregnancy just makes us feel vulnerable about ourselves. Especially as its the one time we really don't have a lot of control over how we look. But it will be worth it when baby comes along, the way I see it we will be so busy running around after baby that the weight will just fall off (I hope)

Thought this was a little funny. This morning I gave my friend at work half a bagel and she updated her facebook that she had stolen food from a pregnant woman (as a joke) and then tagged me as well. Some guy I don't even know said, "Good! I bet she's too fat already!" I just want to start laughing hysterically in my office.

Nice bump Gen, looks a bit like mine.

Chloe so sorry about your friend. Stuff like that makes me really nervous as well but I'm trying to stay as positive as possible.

I've also been feeling bad about the whole weight thing. I noticed a bit in my thighs and chin. DH is really supportive and doesn't make too many comments. He never does comment on my flaws though and usually tells me I look good. I don't believe him of course. I think he truly likes having a pregnant wife though and is proud. I am very self conscious though and worrying about losing the weight afterward. Especially because I lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant and I've since gained a little more than half back:dohh:. So embarassing and hoping the weight comes off easy after baby.

Baby had a quiet/gentle day yesterday so I'm expecting today to be a little more strong. She seems to have a lazy day every few days.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->