*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Isn't the epo supposed to get things ripened and started a little earlier though?

All this talk about packing for baby and hospital bag is making me really want to get my nesting on ... Even more! :haha: i think i'm going to wash and sort my son's old baby clothes today!

On another note. My braxton hicks have been really requent and slightly painful (only like a 1 or 2 though). But there's no pattern, it can be every 5 mins, then it can be every hour and usually only lasts about 15 seconds or so. Any second+ timers experience more painful bh? I've only had one bh this morning so far (it's 7.30am here), but it can be really unsettling at times.

Oh and i'm so hungry these days ... With insomnia too. Sorry, i'll stop complaining now. Thanks for entertaining me.

Isn't the epo supposed to get things ripened and started a little earlier though?

Yep the EPO is :thumbup: I didn't use that last time as I was induced at 38wks... did you use the capsules for insertion or just bathe in the oil? Think I might give it a try this time round (if I'm not induced again that is!) x

Morning snowflakes! My bh have been v frequent too over the last fortnight, glad its normal though. Mw booked me in for next tues.

I think after the move I'll start on my hospital bag and the nursery as I'll have some time then!

Oooh it is a toughy... how long have your previous labours lasted? If you are induced on the 23rd and you have the baby that same day then that would be ok... but of you tend to be in labour for longer than I might ask them to wait until after crimbo.

Just so you know toothfairy, RLT doesn't help to bring on labour :) it helps to strenghten your uterus and helps shorten the 2nd stage of labour. I used it with DD and I found it really helped, I was only pushing for 13mins anyway so I think it was down to the RLT! You should start drinking it (or taking the capsules) from 32 weeks x

I have been late with all 3, first was 9 days late spontaneous labour, 2nd and 3rd induced at 11 days, dd1 came next day and dd2 took 2 days so it could end up an Xmas day baby!!
They won't induce me any earlier unless there's a medical need for it!

I think if I decide to be induced on the 23rd I'll bring Xmas forward and have Xmas day on the 22nd so the other kiddies don't miss out x

Hey all..... nursery is nearly complete and my hospital bag is packed! Very real now!

Is anyone worried about under/over dressing their LO during winter? I have no idea how many layers they need esp if they are wearing a snowsuit in the car anyway. :S

fifi - Oh no :( so it could go either way then. Will they induce you after crimbo?

nicki - It is difficult, but just remember baby being too hot is much worse than them being a bit cold. They shouldn't ever wear hats indoors or whilst in cars, and shouldn't really wear snowsuits in cars either (I only found this out when my DD was a few months old!). There's the risk of overheating, and also all the padding from the snowsuit takes up slack from the carseat harness and that is supposed to be tight against the baby, and not restricted by any material. This explains it better; https://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/a/carseatcoat.htm instead layer up with blankets, or buy a cocoon for your carseat to keep baby snug :)

AFM - 30 weeks today :yipee: can't believe I am in the final, final stretch! 1 more week and I'll be on single digit countdown :shock: that's scary!

thanks for the info on snowsuits/carseats lolly, i really feel like somethings i have no clue about!

My nursery finally got painted today! I am so excited that I can finally get started on it!
Bonus too because I am coming up for a weeks holiday at the end of the month so guess what I'm doing?!

Lolly, thanks for sharing the snowsuit info! I was going to say that too! My biggest pet peeve is babies/kids not being put into a carseat properly, or the carseat being installed wrong! I'm known as the carseat expert in my family now, lol! Always helping my sister since she's clueless and NEVER reads the instructions! I had to go through a few seats for DD, as she kept outgrowing them! She outgrew the infant seat after 2 months, got a bigger rear-facing but outgrew the weight limit for it so got one more that you could have rear-facing longer! She's now in her fourth (which was a gift, a forward facing one). So ya, I've learned how to install many seats and I obsess over making sure it's done right and following the instructions. I can put one in a car pretty fast now!

Oh ya! Had a dream last night where baby came out early and was a boy!! I actually have had this nagging thought in my head since I had the scan done that they could have been wrong. I actually haven't bought her a coming home outfit yet and when I look at them I keep going for the gender neutral ones. Wierd... never felt that way with DD. I think it might be because for DD it was a private scan, so the tech showed me the lines so I could SEE she was a girl. With this one it was at the hospital, so tech just said at the end it's a girl. I feel like I need to see it. I'm going to try to be sneaky at my 35 sizing scan and ask if she's still a girl, lol!

The coat we are getting baby is not very thick. About as thick as a regular fleece sleeper but much baggier so she can wear clothing beneath it. It's not too heavy or quilted so she will be wearing normal clothes beneath and I will have a blanket with her carseat all of the time just in case to go over her once she's strapped in. It gets pretty cold here sometimes and I'm hoping that we don't have to go out in the cold weather too much anyway. I know to make sure baby isn't too overheated in the house or car though especially when she sleeps:thumbup:Thanks lolly for the carseat info!

Ladies I am so frustrated right now. Just found out that after 5 months of processing through with a certain company that DH has been turned down for the job. Now it's become panic mode with as little time as we have left and since jobs are so hard to come by we know it's probably not going to happen within the next three months. I cried off and on yesterday and I just feel so overwhelmed and want to sit here at work and sob. I also don't qualify for any of the maternity programs we have here in the states since I have only been at this job for about eight months and once the baby is born will only have four paid weeks off, so I'm also stressing about the two unpaid weeks. We're struggling with rent and bills as it is, and I feel so awful complaining I just need to get it off my chest. I've had a few people tell me, "but there are always more ways you can cut back" and I just don't see how that's possible right now. We cancelled cable and internet a long time ago and the only places I drive are work and home to save gas since there is no transit system near us. I just don't know what to do.

That's funny Juless, I'm the same :haha: we actually test carseats for a big manufacturer over here (Maxi Cosi) and have just finished testing and writing up reports for their newest seat. I didn't know about the snowsuit/thick coat on babies until my DD was a month or so old, and we'd been putting the snowsuit on her in the seat :dohh: it makes sense, but it's not something you would automatically think of, so glad I've helped anyone who didn't know this beforehand :flower:

ImSoTired, we also have an all in one similar to that you have described and we'll be using it to take baby home in I think :thumbup:

Lilly, I'm so sorry hun :hugs: That must be so stressful for you both right now. I hope he finds something soon x

Hi guys. Ther's so much going on in this thread! Hope everyone and baby are doing well.

Yesterday I had my 3D anatomy and growth scan and I finally found out we're having a GIRL. Husy is still holding out hope that the tech was wrong tho...lol. Everyone around us has girls and he wanted to be different plus he thinks girls are harder. He's already thinking he has to sharpen his knives if he has a girl cuz he doesn't want anyone near his girl child...lol...smh..men! Other than that everything turned up normal. I saw her smile and yawn and make some funny faces. It was too precious.

Congrats on a girl, Jumik!

Here's my bump on holiday, it's grown already!

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/efb56b8ba8068bcee9d5fde1087b85f9_zpsd7d841c2.jpg

Congrats and welcome to team :pink: Jumik! Will add you a pink stork to front page :)

Awww ocean you look fantastic! Lovely, healthy and glowing :flower: x

Also, I've added a poll at the top of the thread for you to enter what team you are on (or yellow if you're going for the surprise ;)) as a) I'm too lazy to count all the storks, and b) I did count them ages ago and then went to edit the thread title but there wasn't enough room to add it all on :haha:

Ocean you have such a nice neat bump!Your torso seems long enough to accomidate baby very well. Me on the other hand, I'm stumpy so I puffed right out. Here I am at 29 weeks (today). I've gained near 20 lbs:blush: I don't think my medium tshirt is fitting too well anymore:haha: Good thing I only wear it to clean around the house!:thumbup:

Ps Ocean I can tell you are carrying a boy!

Pss Please excuse my unmade bed...

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
Awww you looks fantastic IST (too lazy to write out your whole username :rofl:) I must take and post my 30 week bump pic actually, thanks for reminding me ladies!

Ocean you have such a nice neat bump!Your torso seems long enough to accomidate baby very well. Me on the other hand, I'm stumpy so I puffed right out. Here I am at 29 weeks (today). I've gained near 20 lbs:blush: I don't think my medium tshirt is fitting too well anymore:haha: Good thing I only wear it to clean around the house!:thumbup:

Ps Ocean I can tell you are carrying a boy!

Pss Please excuse my unmade bed...

Thanks lovely, How did you know? Is it because it's low, because it looks very low to me! Yours looks lovely and neat too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->