*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Ocean you have such a nice neat bump!Your torso seems long enough to accomidate baby very well. Me on the other hand, I'm stumpy so I puffed right out. Here I am at 29 weeks (today). I've gained near 20 lbs:blush: I don't think my medium tshirt is fitting too well anymore:haha: Good thing I only wear it to clean around the house!:thumbup:

Ps Ocean I can tell you are carrying a boy!

Pss Please excuse my unmade bed...

Thanks lovely, How did you know? Is it because it's low, because it looks very low to me! Yours looks lovely and neat too x

Yes it's very low and round and evenly distributed. Definately looks like a boy. Mine is very high and odd shaped. All just piled on the front making it stick out very far. I don't think mine looks neat at all but thank you very much for saying so:flower:

Ocean...what a neat little bump! I am starting to think I am having a girl as with my son I was huge everywhere and this time around it is all bump. Really lots of fun to guess...I can't wait to find out!

Thanks for the tips with the carseats Lolly!

Had such positive day today! Had an ultrasound on Monday...Baby is measuring right on track, even 2 days behind and my placenta has moved away from my placenta. So if the baby keeps growing on this track I will get my vaginal birth in December...Which I am so excited for! I have a c-section booked for December 5th but hoping to avoid that and be induced! WooHooo!

Next week is RJs first birthday so having happy and positive news like this really makes me feel wonderful!

Glad to hear all is going so well Krippy! Hope you're able to get the birth you want! :D

Glad that everything is going well Krippy!

I'm carrying this baby all over - even though every one says I'm not. I think they're just trying to make me feel good. I am short too, so my belly didn't have anywhere to go but out. We carry boys really high in my family so my little man has been sitting up high from the beginning so I was very visibly pregnant early on.

That's awesome news Krippy, yay for your placenta shifting it's butt out of the way too :haha: FX'd you get the birth you want too! x

Hi Ladies

Just back from work and seems I have missed loads today!

Gorgeous bumps Imso and ocean!!

Krippy I am so pleased all is well for you.

Great advice about the snowsuit. I have been fretting about clothing also. Do you think new babies are better being under blankets in the car seat and pram then??

Definitely are in carseats due to the harness not being fitted properly otherwise, and prams I suppose it depends how cold it is. I had DD in hers during the winter of 2010/11 and would also sometimes use a blanket (but when it really was cold) x

Lovely bumps girls.... I am carrying high and out front (oh and out the back :))

Krippy, great news :)

I want a new iPhone 5.... On sale today here!!! So not getting one :( Well not yet anyway.

Snowsuits, not a problem here! Never need them all year round, well unless you are going to the mountains. Summer is just going to be kicking in when LO arrives... Hopefully it's not too hot in Jan/Feb!

Poll was a good idea Lolly!

Enjoy your weekend snowflakes xx

I was thinking about getting a sheep fleece for the cot, has anyone used one before?

Sorry I've not posted in so long. Glad everyone is keeping well.

Wow you ladies are scaring me. I've done nothing. Although I'm due xmas eve rather than early dec.

I did get a changing bag yesterday bought it off ebay and I'm in love. Our flat looks like a building site. We've been given a car seat and I've collected a few sleep suits over the months but not many. No cot, pushchair anything.

I do have a sheep skin, bought for a fiver. Looks so snug. With be great when LO is born in the lovely UK winter. Although if I remember rightly last winter was weirdly mild.

Been thinking about sleep suits. We're team yellow and all the nicer ones are boy or girl. Also don't want to get newborn but worried 0-3months might be too big? Will probably get not longer before birth and buy 2 sizes and return newborn if it isn't needed?

I want this baby out before christmas ideally so I'm starting acupuncture at the beginning of December, just to prepare. With more inducing treatments from 38weeks. I'm also planning on using EPO and raspberry leaf tea throughout december.

I have a feeling the baby will come when good and ready but no harm in preparing the body.

Great bumps ladies.

I've never even heard of a sheep fleece ocean! What is it!?

Bean66 - I'd probably recommend buying a couple of newborn sleep suits, as babies fit in them until they are 9-10lbs. My DD was tiny at birth and didn't fit into 0-3 until she was around 2 months old! It just depends how big bubs is really :) most of the newborn things I've got are preloved, so we didn't spend a fortune on them in case they didn't get much use!

Finally taken a bump pic, today @ 30+1

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/0A417F57-4BBF-4404-810E-67A57489C4AE-4559-000006C71884E58F_zpsda1333ca.jpg

Awww thanks hun :) I think it looks a lot smaller in pictures than it does in real life. I feel huge anyway!

ocean_pearl...I personally wouldn't put anything that wasn't 100% cotton in babies bed for fear the temperature wouldn't regulate. I may use a fleece/partially acrylic blanket for the car/pram when I can regularly monitor baby's temp but never in a cot. With the UK not actually getting that cold, and most houses being centrally heated, we found a 2.5 tog cotton duvet and possibly an addition single layer cellular blanket was plenty. Baby was wearing a s/s vest and long sleeved bodysuit with feet.

Bean66...not to scare you but I was due with DS on 31st December and he arrived unexpectedly on 25th November! These babies have their own ideas when they will arrive but even so you have loads and loads of time.
DS was a healthy 6lbs6oz when born, and very long, but he still needed early baby sized sleepsuits for the first month...then wore newborn for a month. I am quite confident you will make use of newborn. An idea I had for "team yellows" was you can get plain neutral sleepsuits then you can buy iron on transfer paper and print cute gender-appropriate pics/slogans to iron on after they are born.
I also though ASDAs neutral stuff was particularly nice and actually chose the cute yellow star/mouse vests over the girl option!

Loving the bumps! I am curious about the snowsuit, Lolly. are you talking one of those stiffer, puffy water resistant ones, or more of a plush fleecy body suit? I found the cutest one that looks like a little bunny rabbit...ears and nose on the hood and everything...I am totally in love and if i couldn't put her in that in the carseat i dont know when i'd even bother. In the states, I live in one of the worst places for winters...I think we consistantly rank in the top 5 for snowiest places to live in the US.

Here is my official start of 3rd trimester bump pic :) I have a long torso so I think i'm carrying fairly low, what do you ladies think?

Attachments

• 27+5.jpg
    27+5.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 6
Cute bump Chloe :)

Any padded snowsuit/pramsuit basically. You need to be able to put the baby in the seat with just clothes on and do up the harness and if you can't do it up without lengthening the straps when the suit is on that means baby isn't fitted into the seat correctly x

Fab bump pics ladies!

I'll have to post one soon.

All this talk about snowsuits, vests, cots and prams and such. I feel like I'm lost. Can you UK ladies translate what these items are for me? :shrug:

Happy Friday snowflakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->