*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hey ladies!

I've been seeing my doctor every 4 weeks up until 28. Now I'm going every 2 weeks. I think at some point it's weekly, just not sure when.

My stomach was in knots yesterday, it hurt so bad. It even hurt to the touch. Then at some point nausea set in and I threw up and then had hot flashes. On top of it, little one was kicking up a storm so it made for a very miserable day. Today I'm feeling better though.

I actually found my stroller on sale at Burlington Coat Factory - a Graco Travel System for $99!

Too bad you had an awful day Blu, but glad it didn't last long! Awesome deal on your stroller!!

I got a graco travel system at Walmart for $140. I think it's lovely.

I see my doctor once a month but this month I saw him on the 6th and will see him again on the 27th when I will be 30 weeks. From then until 36weeks I will see him every 2 weeks and then at 36 it's once a week until delivery. Yikes! I'll be seeing him LOTS!

Welcome new girls! So many snowflakes now a days!

Congrats to those who got good news of housing, maternity leave, and girls just staring the 3rd tri!

Toothfairy I can tell you are pg in that photo. You're lucky you aren't crazy big! I'm sure it time it'll pop out and you'll be wishing it haden't! I look much further along than I am unfortunately and I'm really worried about losing the weight.

Sorry to those of you having terrible swelling and pain. I suppose I am lucky to only have some hip pain and pressure and sciatic nerve pain. I'm sure I'll just be getting more uncomfortable as time goes on.

I had an awful awful stomach bug Sun into yesterday. I was in and out of the bathroom a lot and my stomach was so painful. I think I may have passed it on to to DH unfortunately. I'm so happy to be feeling better now. Baby has been kicking moderately. I think she is just a calmer, more gentle baby than some.Everyone is different, right? Perhaps she is also facing inward a lot? Only once in a while do I feel some really strong jolts from her. I worry because a lot of you say that you feel your babies constantly but I don't. My doctor has me doing the kick counting and I am always feeling her enough by the time I am supposed to so I guess I should just relax? I don't know, I just hope everything is ok with her.

I can't believe we are so far along already! Nearly 11 weeks to go for me, give or take! So excited and kind of anxious and nervous!

Definitely give them a call Ocean as it doesn't right you've had such a large gap. Antenatal care is different here in the UK, we don't get seen every 4 weeks (unless you're high risk) but you should definitely of had at least another 1 or 2 appts in the time that's passed since you were 16 weeks. Just checked on babycentre for you and this sounds about right for what I had when pregnant with DD;

How often will I have antenatal appointments?

This depends on where you live. As long as your pregnancy is straightforward, you should have 10 antenatal appointments.

After your booking appointment, these should be done at: •16 weeks
•25 weeks
•28 weeks
•31 weeks
•34 weeks
•36 weeks
•38 weeks
•40 weeks
•41 weeks, if you haven't had your baby by then

Read more: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregna...sandcare/antenatalappointments/#ixzz26pxu6laH

That's great news about the flat too! Have you taken it? x

30 weeks 2morrow! i feel huge.. Yep my backside and thighs are actually as big as they look in the picture! Scary to think i could only have Seven weeks left if baby comes at full term that would be nice 37/38 wks when is everyone Packing there hospital bag? I keep Thinking a have ages but would rather be prepared.:coffee:

Attachments

• 29wk 6day.jpg
    29wk 6day.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0
I was just thinking about the hospital bag, what to put into it and when to pack it. I haven't gotten a clue. I keep thinking, I've got plenty of time but , really in babies come when they want so I should probably get to moving on that. I told myself I'd get serious at 30 weeks....well that's next week!:dohh:

Fab bump mummy!

Glad you are feeling better ImSoTired. Stomach bugs are no fun in general, but they are way worse when pregnant.

Hi Juless :hugs: Yes, my eyes about popped out of my head. The stroller and car seat combo for just $99!

I've kinda made a list for hospital bag and have picked up a few bit but nowhere near started to pack it yet. I thought I would try wait until about 36 weeks??

What does everyone else think?

i have my growth scan on the fourth and ill be 32weeks so might wait till then and get it all packed just in case..

Oooh 36 weeks might be pushing it a bit! I think I'll get mine done around 33/34 weeks. I don't want to rush it as I want the clothes to be nice & fresh still, but also don't want to leave it to the last minute in case I forget stuff!

Oooh 36 weeks might be pushing it a bit! I think I'll get mine done around 33/34 weeks. I don't want to rush it as I want the clothes to be nice & fresh still, but also don't want to leave it to the last minute in case I forget stuff!

You're probably right lolly!! I just can't bear the thought of sitting looking at my packed bags ready to go then being 2 weeks late!!!!! To be honest.....as soon as you ladies start to pack......I'll probably pack too!!:blush: I'm pretty impatient!!!!!!!

I go on Matty leave at 33 weeks so I'm going to pack then. I dunno. I really don't know what to pack. Il just wing it, I know there's a list here but I mean size wise etc for baby. But I'm sure my oh can come home and get bigger/ smaller clothes and nappies. Im not even third trimester yet so not worrying about it!

Definitely give them a call Ocean as it doesn't right you've had such a large gap. Antenatal care is different here in the UK, we don't get seen every 4 weeks (unless you're high risk) but you should definitely of had at least another 1 or 2 appts in the time that's passed since you were 16 weeks. Just checked on babycentre for you and this sounds about right for what I had when pregnant with DD;

How often will I have antenatal appointments?

This depends on where you live. As long as your pregnancy is straightforward, you should have 10 antenatal appointments.

After your booking appointment, these should be done at: •16 weeks
•25 weeks
•28 weeks
•31 weeks
•34 weeks
•36 weeks
•38 weeks
•40 weeks
•41 weeks, if you haven't had your baby by then

Read more: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregna...sandcare/antenatalappointments/#ixzz26pxu6laH

That's great news about the flat too! Have you taken it? x

Thanks lolly. I've emailed my midwife as phone has broken. Maybe I missed my 25 week app because of holiday but couldn't find a letter except for the 3rd oct one.

Yes we have put an offer in and will definitely put a deposit down if he accepts! It's actually cheaper than where we are now! Only thing is its unfurnished so we have a lot to buy but will start with basics x

Things I packed last time and will do this time;

For baby
* Nappies (around 15 - can always send OH for more if we end up staying longer than 24-48 hours)
*2/3 vests
*2/3 sleepsuits (onesies) & 2 hats
*Going home outfit
*Blanket
*2 muslin cloths (not sure what you ladies across the pond call these? Just sheets of material to mop up any sick & to place over your shoulder whilst winding baby, etc)
*Snowsuit & car seat (obviously!)

For me
*Dressing gown & slippers
*Old nightshirt to give birth in (bikini top incase I get my water birth!)
*Nightshirts with open front for skin to skin/BF'ing
* Breast pads and maternity towels
*Big knickers :haha:
*2 nursing bras
* Toiletries
*Water mist spray for whilst in labour
*Music, kindle, magazines
*Snacks for OH & I
*Camera & mobile phone charger
*Bag of loose change
*Nipple cream

That's all I can remember from the top of my head but will sit down and do a proper list. I took far too much in with me last time, but I suppose it's better to have too much than not enough! Will also take clothes for me to go home in

Pretty much agree with lollys list. Also thick socks!! Remember having freezing cold feet all those years ago with last labour! I also took way too much?! When I was transferred to delivery from maternity ward they put my bag in the wheelchair and I walked!!

I agree, no appt since 16 wks is a bit much...would at least want a friendly check-in!

My stroller was my one splurge for baby...I got a BoB (on sale, but still just over $300), borrowing carseat adapter from friend and registered for Graco Snugride 30 carseat.

Thanks for all the BH advice!!! I feel better hearing it from you guys and not just google :)

And whomever was saying their baby isn't always moving, no worries. Mine has lazy days and takes extended naps - I hope that means I'll have a good sleeper!!!!

I'll pack the bag around 32 weeks...those lists look good and I got a list at the birthing class too. I'm a FTM...but I've heard Chapstick is key!!!

Muslin cloths = burp cloths or spit-up rags. Muslin sounds much classier.

Oooh yes I forgot about the freezing feet afterwards :haha: thick socks are a must!

One thing I wish I had packed last time was SNACKS!! Oh man I would get so hungry! I never knew that breastfeeding would make me much more hungry than when I was pregnant!! It's crazy! Everything else is pretty much what you guys have already said. Not sure when I'll pack my bag, probally in a few weeks, getting excited!

I'm definitely nesting too, anyone else? Tonight I went to my mom's house where I have all of Rose's clothes stored and went through all of the 0-3 and 3-6 sized clothing. There are a lot of things I'm not keeping, realized with my first that I had just way too much! She never wore most of it! Luckily it was pretty much all hand-me-downs, so I didn't waste a lot of money. Newborns pretty much just live in sleepers. Also, I really like tights for underneath a sleeper for extra warmth in winter and the little undershirt/onesies for under sleepers or outfits - they help when baby has a poop explosion! I also went to Wal-mart and ended up getting a second comfy nightgown (very stretchy so can breastfeed in it! Whoohoo!), slow-flow nipples for the new bottles I got the other day, diaper genie refill, nipple pads and size one diapers! Ya, I think I'm driving my husband mad trying to get it all ready RIGHT NOW but I feel like I NEED to, lol!

I haven't got much of anything yet, and it's driving me crazy! I have the nursery furniture from my son, but I feel like that's all that I have. We are trying to wait until I have my baby shower. The down side to that is I will be 35 weeks when I have my shower, and that does not leave me much time at all to prepare. I'm hoping we get most of the stuff we need so I don't have last minute shopping to do.

As for nesting, I have the entire house now clean. Hopefully I will be able to keep it that way for these last 11 weeks.

I've been away from bnb this month. We've moved and i've since been caught by the nesting bug. Been really inspired to clean, organise and cook more!

All this talk about packing hospital bags is getting me excited! We will be 28 weeks in ccouple of days, and if this baby arrives the same time his big bro did then we will get to see him in 9 weeks :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->