*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

You can put a few drops in your bath toothfairy (I was just going to put it straight in but some ladies in here have mentioned mixing it with a bit of milk or a carrier oil first), and you can use it to massage in to your bump, arms and thighs but you need to add it to a carier oil again or some moisturiser first. You can sniff it too! x

Woo hoo Lolly! 39 weeks! In some ways it seems like no time since BFP! x

Well just been to see my midwife (stand in midwife mines broke her toes) and she wasn't nice :-( she made me feel like an utter dick for doing the strep b test,she said to me you do. Know why we don't test for it cz by the time you have the baby you may not have it, well tbh u silly cow that's not a risk I'm willing to take ( I obv never said the silly cow bit but felt like it) and she was like well you don't have to take the antibiotics yano you can have them after and we keep u in and watch you and the baby, I just felt like slapping her and sayin y would I risk that when I can have then while giving birth and not have to stay in and risk my child's health, I tilt tally understand that nothing could happen but now I know I have got it I'd like to do all I can not to cause harm to my child. She's really wound me up and not even put my belly measurements in my book! Next time I go I'm defo complaing I do not want her again xxxxx

And she wrote "ceph 4/5" anyone know what this mean I haven't a clue cz that dick never told me!!! ( sorry bout the language but I am angry hahaah) xxxx

Sara - Ceph is short for cephalic (i.e baby is head down). 4/5 is how much of the head she can palpate (so your baby is 1/5 engaged - good news!). I'm not sure if there is variation between midwives but that is how mine explained it to me.

Sara, sorry about the rude midwife! That can be so disappointing!
CEPH stands for cephalic, meaning that the baby is head down.
I'm not sure about the numbers though -- I remember reading that normally they go CEPH 5/5, 4/5, 3/5, 2/5, 1/5 as a kind of count-down of how much of the head is engaging, but I can't recall more than that. Sorry!!!! :hugs:

Haha it's ok thanks ladies calmed down a bit now I just hope she isn't there next time I want my normal midwife back, can't believe she never plotted my belly on the graph I might just get my aunt to do it xxxx

Happy 39 weeks Lolly!

Sorry you had such a bad experience Sara :hugs:

AFM no changes. Still pressure like crazy. Not as "wet" though, although there is still evidence on the latest panty liner. I don't think it's plug, it doesn't have much consistency to it, it's really watery. We'll see what happens today.

Happy Thanksgiving US ladies!

Sara, did she write 4/5th engaged or palpable? Some MW's vary on how they record it in books - if she meant engaged then that means your baby is pretty much fully engaged and only has 1/5th of the way to go, if she meant palpable then that means she felt 4/5ths of baby's head above your pelvis so still a little way to go yet, but she's going the right way! And as the other ladies explained, ceph means head down in the right position :thumbup:

Just back from town and bought some CSO - £9.09 for a tiny 10ml bottle :shock: almost fell over with shock! I only paid £1.70 for a 10ml bottle online, which I'm betting arrives tomorrow now after I've just been robbed for almost a tenner :rofl:

Thanks ladies :) it really doesn't seem all that long ago this group was made and we all were getting our BFP's! And now we all just have weeks to go (hopefully not me!), it really is crazy.

Sara sorry she was so off with you! No need for it at all xxx

I've just had a little accident. It's blowing a gale in Yorkshire and the car door has just slammed shut in my face! Have a huge lump come up on my eyebrow which looks like its going to bruise nicely! Have ice on it as we speak. It's really shaken me up and made me cry!!!!

Aw, that's awful toothfairy! Hope it heals quickly for you!
Blu - could your waters be leaking? You could take the pantyliner in and they can do a quick test to be sure I think.
afm, nothing new to report! Made some yummy tea biscuits and DD is having a nap. Treating myself to a bit of coffee and having a rest!

Awww toothfairy :hugs: I hope it doesn't bruise!

I'm having a few twinges so just bouncing on this damn ball again! I'm sure it'll amount to nothing!

I sniffed it and that stuff is pretty potent isn't it!? :lol: think I'll stick with putting in the bath and using it for massage!

Lolly I thought I was having the start if a show earlier as I wiped and a little brownish blob was there. Has been nothing since tho so am thinking it might be epo!! I have to admit it made me laugh at out conversation yesterday!

Hey Girls..
Well im 39 weeks + 4 days now & stil no sign of baby making an appearance..
Just want baby to come now.. So impatient lol!
But as its my first im also scared :(
Scared of Labor (I'm a total wuss with pain lol)
& scared 4 after (Keep worrying about how im gonna no what to do.. Havin never looked after a baby b4.. Stupid i know :blush:)

AS i thought baby is still breech with legs extended, same as last week so my c-section has been scheduled for 30th nov, which is a week tomorrow!!! So excited but nervous at the same time!

Ouch Toothfairy....hope it's not too bad :(

I found I have been extra clumsy lately, breaking plates and glasses and just being really hopeless lol!

Kitty... Wow so exciting!! Mine is on the 10th unless I go earlier. You will be fine and the excitement out weighs the nerves. Just a tip find out what happens after the baby is born, ask if you can be with the baby in recovery. I wasn't with dd2 and it was the longest 45 min of my life!

Hope everyone coping. I am so impatient at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->