*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Oh Gen she is beautiful well done you! Sounds like you are doing amazing with feeding too really hope she gains weight for you, the first few weigh-ins are so nerve wracking anyway :hugs:
Hope everyone else is doing ok, come and join us on the other side snowflakes! I need other sleep deprived people to talk nonsense to at ridiculous times in the morning :haha:

Congrats Gen!!!! She is gorgeous and sounds like you did wonderfully, thanks for sharing!

Docs appointment shortly. Will update when I get back. Happy Friday snowflakes!

Oh Gen, thank you so much for sharing your birth story :hugs: I was teary eyed reading it! You did and still are doing so amazing well, congrats! Good on you for carrying on with bf'ing, it is difficult and especially with a lazy baby but it is sooo worth it :) I have my FX'd she gains weight and continues to do so. She's such a little beauty x

P.S I love the way you got your groove on to some 90s hip hop during labour :lol: awesome!

Gen, she is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your story with us! I too hope feedings get easier for you, but it sounds like you are working out a nice routine.

Oh Gen, what a beautiful little one!! :D Congrats again and thank you so much for sharing your birth story!
Blu - hope your appointment goes well!
afm, not much new, just feeling very exhausted. Since last night I've just been feeling like my period is going to start! Been a while since I felt that, lol! Only woke up once for the bathroom but I'm even more tired today then when I get up 4 times!

Ooooh juless these are all signs! C'monnn baby girl, come out! :haha:

Hi ladies, glad everyone's hanging in there - Juless sounds like you're ready to pop, and Blu, good luck with the appointment!

I need some advice! DH flies in tomorrow to a town 2 hours away. I will be going down to pick him up and stay the night, then come back home. There's a private shuttle to the airport I can take down, and then we can take it back together, or I can drive (down with my Mom, have her come back on the shuttle alone, then DH and I can stay the night and drive back the next day).

The bus will be okay, it's actually a van with seatbelts, but I can't help but think that maybe I should drive to have the car in case I go into labour? I'm only concerned about this since I haven't seen DH in three months, so am thinking our 'reunion' may run a small risk of jumpstarting things!

Any thoughts? I can't make up my mind and need to decide by this afternoon to book the shuttle. Augh.

Hmmm I would probably go with car hun, just incase! Then again if you are 2 hours away and do go in to labour you might not make your hospital :shock: eeek!

Also reading back wanted to note -- Bean, so happy about the hospital and apartment, Toothfairy, hope your head bump is doing alright, and Stark, congrats that you are done work!

Lolly, I'm also leaning towards the car - I just feel that somehow it puts me more in control, though I guess in any case if I DO go into labour, I'd call my hospital and ask them if I should try the drive or go somewhere closer...

Good luck Blu! Oh Juless sounds oh so promising.......my money on you having the next snowflake :thumbup:

Expattic maybe get your mum to drive, that sounds like the best idea to me.......then you will always have someone with you! Oh so excited your OH is coming home, it'll be fab for you to have him home :happydance:

I think car also! Bumped head isn't too bad today!!

I'm getting pissed off with symptom spotting. Like most of you lots of BHs twinges cramps and period pains for couple weeks now and nothing!!!!

Thanks so much ladies!

Ok back home from docs office. I guess test must've come back fine because they didn't mention anything was wrong. Bp was slightly elevated again. We saw little one on ultrasound which was awesome, especially for DH who hadn't seen him since 18 weeks. He was moving and we saw him practicing breathing. He had 30 mins to complete 5 behavior markers to check for wellness and he did all 5 in 10 mins which was excellent.

Then got hooked up to monitors and me and baby were fine. He was beyond active but they we're surprised to see that I was contracting. Nothing major apparently. Still only 1 to 1 1/2 cm dilated but a little more effaced. So apparently if I don't go into labor on my own this weekend I go in Monday night r to have cervidile inserted, stay in hospital and Dr. will come in morning to break water if hasn't broken on it's own.

I was so upset because I wanted it to happen today. I started crying right there in the office and DH, doc and nurse all tried to console me. I didn't work well I feel like im at my wits end.. Still on bed rest until Monday :cry:

Oh big hugs blu. You must be so disappointed. Not long to go now though! Have a special weekend with hubby and make the most if it xxxxxx

Awww Blu :hugs: I'm sorry nothing is happening today, but this weekend will hopefully fly by. Try relax and do something nice (a yummy take away and some movies) with your DH and just enjoy it being you 2 for the last weekend EVER! :kiss:

I can imagine how disappointed you must be blu! Hoping this weekend flies for you! Enjoy it and get lots of rest to prepare for the big day! :D
I meant to say earlier too - bean, SO glad everything is working out for you! Must be a big stress off your shoulders!

afm, thanks guys! Would LOVE to have the next snowflake, but feeling doubtful. :p Only getting cramping and pains in the evening and they disappear after I sleep a while! So annoying, lol! I hope this weekend leads to a few more snowflakes, come on babies - let's get a blizzard going!

Thanks ladies. Im starting to feel a little better. DH took me to pick up the breast pump- Madela In Style Advanced, totally paid for by my insurance company!

I just say on the couch and felt a slight warm gush.. Went to check my panties and saw what I think is part of my mucus plug...like a little snot (TMI). Should I ring the doc or just wait and see what happens.

Glad the hospital worked out for you Bean. Things are looking up!

Glad you are feeling better Toothfairy and that the bump isn't too bad.

Juless sounds promising, fingers crossed for you!

:hugs: blu - and if you've got a bit of a gush there, why not call? May change when they want to see you!!

Oh, and re. the car dilemma, I think I'm going with driving down -- that way I can also take a little picnic basket of goodies for DH! And stop for pee breaks!!

Blu, was there any leakage or just plug? If you think you've leaked some fluid I would defo ring, if it's just plug I'd probably hold tight and wait to see if anything further happens but you can still always ring, see what they say!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->