*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Oh another!!! Congratulations!!!!

There's only gonna be me left soon!! This thread has gone very quiet now that most of the
Snowflakes have fallen!

No they haven't toothfairy, there's loads due end of December like me! Decembers just begun! Nothing really happening so just waiting now and enjoying my last bit of me time :)

Congrats to all the snowflakes!

Yep same here. I'm ten days away from my due date. Not much going on here. Have had a few contractions today but just BH ones. We're putting up our Christmas tree today, trying to distract myself from waiting on labor to start

LOL toothfairy we're only on the 9th! :lol: your little man won't keep you waiting much longer hun.

Ocean, good plan! Enjoy the little time you have left before your LO's make an appearance. I haven't showered in 2 days :rofl: every time I go to jump in Millie beckons me back for a feed!

Congrats to all the new mommies and babies!! :D So fun to see a new one is born almost every time I check the thread! Just wanted to share a little at home photo! We came home Thursday, almost had to stay another day or two as Tessa had lost a bit more weight the night before and they like to see them gaining before they discharge them. (In total she lost 9.3% of her body weight, so she's now just under 8lbs).The doctor let us go though on the condition we see our family doctor this week and we have the public health nurse come visit and weigh her. The nurse came Friday and Tessa's weight was the same as the day before, so hopefully she's starting to gain now! She's eating a ton so she should be! I have to say it's been really strange getting used to having such a little baby! I love it though!! :D We did need to go pick her up a couple of little sleepers though, I had hardly anything to fit her! Now I need to go join the parenting thread, but will stay here too, can't wait to see even more babies join us!! :D

Attachments

• Tessa3.jpg
    Tessa3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
Ohhhhhh Juless she's so precious :) she looks just like her big sis too!

congrats joeliza. hope you and bubba are doing well.

juless, she is adorable :)

Nope I'm still here too c section is schedule in 13 well let's say 12 days as today is over

Oh toothfairy don't be discouraged. I think there are quite a few of us coming up soon. Expat, Sara, beanonorder and myself are all around the same time I believe. I've technically got about five days left I think but I'm still convinced this little girl is going to be a diva and keep me waiting.

AFM I got a new car this weekend!!! I've never ever had a brand new car as they've always been used and mine was to the point where the repairs on it were beginning to nickle and dime me to death. Every time I turned around it was something else needing to be replaced. Plus soon I will have a 50 mile commute each way with a baby and I just didn't feel comfortable if my car broke down somewhere. I'm so so excited and can't believe I actually bought something as its been on my mind forever.

Congratulations joeeliza and mummyof2!
Loving the photo Jules x
Munch - good luck today. I've been thinking of you and hoping that by now you have your little snowflake with you x
Toothfairy - there are lots of us still here! I'm only 4 days behind you! In response to your question - of course you have a say, just like when your patients come to see you. I think you'd be doing the right thing to explain your concerns and how they are making you feel and make a joint decision with your Consultant. Good luck and hang on in there x

It's been a fairly eventful day for me. I had a sweep yesterday afternoon and the midwife said my cervix was surprisingly favourable (central, soft, stretchy and 3 cm dilated!) but still 2cm thick. She said she was pleased she had been able to do an effective sweep and it certainly felt like she got right in there! It wasn't painful but a bit uncomfortable. About 30 mins later I had a bit of blood stained mucus and then about 8pm a medium sized amount of brown mucus (?part of my plug) followed by fairly regular and uncomfortable contractions lasting up to a minute, 3-6 minutes apart for about 2 hours. I took a couple of paracetamol and slept for 2 hours now everything has completely slowed and I can't get back to sleep. Aargh! I'm not sure if it is the excitement or the contractions. Never mind, hopefully things will pick up again in the morning or maybe this was just a response to the sweep? Who knows?

Oooh it all sounds promising Honey.Bee, FX'd that they pick up again for you soon. 3cms dilated is fantastic!

Thanks Lolly! Yes I was quite surprised. I guess all those BH have been doing something?

Another week or more at least for me...no signs of dropping, etc. so lots of us are still in together :) :)

I'm still here too!! :coffee: Was hoping the huge storm would have an effect on me, but nope. Not even one freaking contraction. I also went to work today (my day OFF! stupid snow!) and worked my butt off and nothing except a bad backache now :(

I think it's strange that I was having contractions here and there a few weeks ago but I haven't had anything since. Is that normal? I felt like I was closer to going into labor then then I am now.

Congrats to all of the new mommies!

Juless she is precious. Don't worry too much about the weight, it'll pick up. I was in the same boat with my little one. He was born 7lbs 4 oz.but lost 11% in the hospital so he was down to 6lbs 8 oz. We saw his pediatrician the next day and was up to 6 lbs 11 oz. At his doc appointment yesterday he was past his birth weight, coming in at 7 lbs, 7 oz in little less than a week.

Toothfairy :hugs: it's just the beginning of Dec. Plenty of more snowflakes to come. Hang in there.

Congrats joeliza!

Honey.bee hope this is it for you!

Lilly yay for the new car! I remember when I bought my car how awesome it was to drive it away! I miss driving so much...

Toothfairy I really hope it all gets going for you soon! You are definitely not alone! I think its safe to say there will be a fair number of us still waiting once you go!
I've been told they'll induce me at 41 weeks. That would be the 28th. And that feels forever away!!

I think my baby has dropped now. I'm not getting the rib kicks anymore and (touch wood) haven't had heartburn for a while now. And I'm having a lot more pressure at the bottom of my bump and quite frequent stabbing pains in my lady parts! I'm also feeling a little swollen there too.
5 days til my mom gets here! I just can't wait to see her. I do feel sorry for her with her suitcase though. The people back home have been so kind and keep dropping off packages for her to bring to us. I'm so touched by the generosity!

Oh hello girls!! It was just getting very quiet here and I thought you'd all deserted me!!! :)

I had some twinges last night and again this morning but as always they stop!!

Have my antenatal day unit this aft as midwife was concerned about fundal height. I won't see my own consultant but hopefully will see an obstetrician on call so will discuss my concerns.

Glad to see you all back on and have some company xxxxxxx

Well I'm still in hospital and still no baby had enough now really tired and just want to meet this stubborn monkey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->