*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Congrats Fifi! And hooray to Lily for progress!

Still nothing here. I've been out and about shopping and visiting with friends the past two days, so at least that has kept me busy. Today I plan to clean the house and catch up on laundry. Ho-hum.

Sounds like another little snowflake will be here soon!

I've just been having period pains on and off, nothing worth noting!

Had my folks over for a big dinner was lovely! Having a quiet one just me and DP tomorrow all snuggled up praying baby won't come! :haha:

Ouch think I'm having contractions, just had a very painful one only lasted 6 seconds or so

Thinking of you lily. Hope it's all going well. Wonder if its a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day baby!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I've been having a few contractions but still not regular. Baby has definitely dropped now. Hoping nothing happens til tomorrow but I'm just going with it now. Guess a Christmas baby is preferable to an induction....

I hope everyone has a special and blessed day!

Hey everyone thought I would stop by an update. Lilliana Siobhan was born at 3:39pm and was exactly 8 lbs and 20.5 inches long. I overestimated my guess by 14 oz I think. I was able to get my pain-med-free home birth which was scary and amazing. Don't know if I ever want to do that again as it was by far the most painful thing I've ever been through.

Had a completely scary moment at the end. Apparently the midwives will give one hour for the placenta to detach and mine wasnt budging by about 40 minutes after the birth. Called EMTs and midwife started manual removal which was nearly as painful as the birth. I lost a lot of blood but had everyone in the room praying, and exactly the time we heard the sirens of the ambulance the placenta slipped away completely intact.

Phew what a day. Good luck to everyone else here. I'll be sticking around waiting for everyone and can't wait to start seeing all the new snowflakes in the parenting thread. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Congrats Lily, so glad you got the birth you wanted.

I've had my bloody show so lets hope things get on the road now! Its 2pm here so I'm hoping that its late enough that baby won't make any kind of appearance before Christmas is over!!

Yay lily!!!! Well done. What a great Christmas pressie!!

Happy Christmas snowflakes xxxxx

Congrats Lilly! And good luck to you Bean! Still nothing happening here.

Its 2:30am here and I am now sitting in the lounge trying to decide if these contractions are real. I'm doubting it because they are only at the bottom, like really bad period pain, but they keep coming. Its just too sore to keep lying in bed so I eventually got up.

^^ sounds like it! Mine were only ever at the bottom :)

Congrats LillyLee!

Jumk - what a precious little girl :)

Bean - my contractions are mostly just in my bottom too. Good luck!

hi ladies :hi: apologies for my absence, we moved home on the 19th (my birthday!!) and I've been unimaginably busy unpacking and getting ready or Xmas, plus we have no internet until January and I get absolutely no phone signal or 3g at the New place :wacko:

I hope everyone's keeping well? Massive congrats to the 6 New snowflake mama' s :yipee: don't forget to pop over to the parenting thread with baby' s details!

Good luck to those of you still waiting :flower: Will check back in asap x

Exciting Bean! Hope it's action stations for you and LO is on the way.

I'm in labour!!! Contractions are 5 min apart now and about 50 seconds long. Still waiting at home for a while longer. Fairly painful but I'm still managing.

Had my baby christmas day, couldnt of asked for anything better :D to all the ladies still waiting hope its soon for you :)

Merry Christmas everyone, and congrats to all the new snowflakes :)

Congrats ktm!

Bean - sounds like you're doing really well and coping well ... I found walking around helped speed things along once i was in labour. Good luck again and try and rest up as much as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->