*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Poor DH. I just yelled at him mid contraction for shaking my root beer and making it go flat. These men put up with so much.

Yay Lilly! Good luck hun.

Hang in there Ocean and Scooby your turn soon :)

Last one for me :( I could def do the newborn stage again (even though I feel like I have done night duty) but this old body would have a tough time being pregnant again and carrying another big bub around. Not to mention another c section. I am out as much as it hurts to say it :(

Yay Lilly! Hope its all going well for you!

Ocean I've also been having a lot of period like cramps.

I saw the doctor this morning. She laughed when she saw me there and said 'so no Christmas baby?' After she did another NST she asked if I had time to be seen by one of the senior doctors so I said yes. The new doctor did an internal (which I will just say was very unpleasant!) and the best translation I got was 'my uterus is doing what its supposed to!". So from what I can gather I have started to dilate and efface although they didn't say how much. The doctor said she thinks the baby will be here in two or three days.
If not they want me to go in on Friday to be induced. I'm so scared of that!!

Teddie Hope was born very quickly last night, 23/12/12 @ 22.22 weighing 8lb 14oz!!!! So my estimation was almost a lb off, and although she's the heaviest I've had she's still dinky, must have heavy bones!!!

I'm lying in my hospital bed writing this as the after pains are keeping me from sleeping so I thought I'd fill you all in.

Went into hospital for induction at 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon, thought I'd be there a long time before anything started happening, how wrong was I??

Contractions started at 5pm and at 8.30pm I was examined and only 2-4cm but in need of pain relief as they were coming every 2 minutes and lasting at least 50 seconds, gas and air came about 9.15pm, my waters broke, midwife examined me again and I was 6cm, within 20 minutes I wanted to push do they raced me downstairs to delivery and I started delivering straight away, unfortunatley both me and the baby couldn't stop delivering poo either and this was highly traumatising, I actually remember apologising to OH for pooing in front of him, but omg there was nothing I could do to stop it, I think because my labour progressed so fast my bowells didn't have time to empty!!!

I even told the consultant to shut up at one point!! Such a lady

So much for my water birth, think if they'd tried to fill the pool we would've just about had time to make a puddle before I was ready to push!!!

I'm glad it was quick but it was a bit shockingly quick, and this is definitly my last baby so I won't be joining those of you in a few years who are planning on doing it again xx

Here's my baby girl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 5
Wow fifi congratulations!! She's a beaut x

I had stronger period pains all night, wonder when they will turn into something more?

Well done Fifi - another gorgeous snowflake.

Keep going Lilly!

Happy due date ocean. I think your body is definitely gearing up for business. Don't be scared about labour. My advice is not to go in with any expectations or a rigid birth plan. Go with the flow and do what feels right for you at the time. I have had lots of friends who set themselves unrealistic plans and then felt as if they had failed when things headed in another direction. The only important thing in my mind is that you and LO are safe x x x

Congrats fifi sounds like a great birth.

Yay fifi!!!! Well done!! A proper Christmas baby!!!

Ocean and lily how are you both doing? Xxx

Hanging in there. Thanks toothfairy. Hit the 24 hour mark about an hour ago, although not all of it was active labor. I tried to go to bed about 11 but the contractions were bad enough that I would barely doze off just to be woken up again by the pain. Midwife is on her way to my house right now so hopefully she can give me some good news as far as dilation etc.

Apparently I'm at 4cm and she stretched me to 6cm and also stripped my membranes. Just having contractions and staying hydrated. A nap sounds so good right now but I have a feeling I'm not going to get a good rest for quite some time.

Fifi, congratulations! All seems to have happened so fast, that I bet DH didn't even notice the poo!!

Good luck lilly -- looking forward to seeing how everything goes.

Bean, we'll be induced pretty much at the same time if it comes to that...you on Friday in your time zone, and me on Thursday here...let's hope that it doesn't come to that!!

With big dinners tonite for Christmas Eve (traditional Italian seafood), then tomorrow for Christmas (turkey), I'm a bit worried that there won't be any room left for baby. Maybe that will get things moving? Heehee.

Yay lily how exciting!!!! You're having a baby!!!! Woo hoo!!! Keep us posted xxxxx

Lilly - Very exciting time. I found the first 5cm was always the longest (and maybe harder too) than the last 5cm. Well done, almost there. :happydance:

Congrats Fifi!

Expat I complety agree I hope it doesn't come to that!

I've had quite a few 'ow' moments this evening but nothing that's turned regular. I am having quite a lot of cramping at the bottom of my bump. Had our Christmas eve dinner - delicious but baby is very active now!
Hoping for a few hours sleep. Cat is definitely in heat and so doesn't keep quiet for a moment! Good practice for baby I guess!!

Congrats Fifi!

Expat I complety agree I hope it doesn't come to that!

I've had quite a few 'ow' moments this evening but nothing that's turned regular. I am having quite a lot of cramping at the bottom of my bump. Had our Christmas eve dinner - delicious but baby is very active now!
Hoping for a few hours sleep. Cat is definitely in heat and so doesn't keep quiet for a moment! Good practice for baby I guess!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->