*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

:'( 14 hours of labour and I'm only 3cm. I'm now on a pitocin drip due to slow progress and because they are worried about the blood infection. Plus no pain meds are offered for natural birth. Even worse my husband is not allowed to be here with me. They eventually allowed my mom to come in. Everytime they check how dilated I am it feels like I'm being raped.
Sorry for the negative post but this is just awful.

Bean - hang on in there honey :hugs:
My labour stalled and it is really frustrating but then suddenly LO decided to make a move for it and I went straight from 6cm to fully dilated and she was out 15 mins later! Be strong, keep your eye on the end goal. You will have your LO in your arms soon. We are all here with you x x x

Ocean - sounds exciting. More Christnas snowflakes! Yay!

Lilly - you are one brave lady. No way I could have done that. Congratulations!

Ktm - Congratulations! What a special day.

Aww bean :hugs: I know how you feel, I was in labor 24 hours before I ever got past a 4. Then I jumped to a 6 in 20 minutes, and two hours later jumped to an 8... you'll get there hun. In the end it'll be worth it!

Bean, my mdwife said the first 5cm is always the hardest ... Which is certainly true in my experience. Things can still really pick up for you. Do they have to do so many internals? Hang in there, you're doing really well.

On bean I hope you have some happy news soon and it's all worth while xxx

Wow I've been out of it. Bean I hope everything is going well for you. The internals suck and I'm so sorry you can't get any pain meds. I got a shot of pitocin when they were trying to get out my placenta and the cramps they brought on were nothing I would wish on anyone. Praying for you lady! Glad they let your mom in and you don't have to do it alone.

Congrats ktm :flower:

Bean :hugs: sorry things are taking a while to progress. Hopefully things have moved along now, look forward to hearing your update x

Loving that there are so many snowflakes! Hope you're all doing well!

Amber Chloe arrived 27th December at 1:05am! 24 hours of labour and thanks to my incredible mom I was able to do the whole thing naturally!

She is in the ICU at the moment because of the blood infection I had. They are testing her for it. We are only able to go and see her this afternoon so that's a little hard!

Will post full story soon.

Bean I am so so so enormously glad you made it through and have your little one. Will keep you and her both in my thoughts and can't wait to read your birth story! Congrats mama!

Congrats Bean! Well done! Mums are the best. Hope you have little Amber in your arms very soon :)

Congrats Bean!

I had my appt this morning, still only 1 cm dilated, same as last week. We had originally discussed inducing at the end of the week, but because I haven't dilate any further my doctor isn't comfortable doing so. He feels we'd just be setting ourselves up for failure. I'm hugely disappointed. If the baby is born after the first of the year the birth will cost us a great deal more money than if born before. But I understand why inducing isn't the right thing at this time. So we'll just pray that LO chooses to come within the next few days on her own. Spent the entire day walking the mall and Ikea, hoping to get something started.

Congrats bean. Hope it all goes well for amber and you get to hold her soon.

Well done bean!! Congratulations!!!! So glad it's all finished for you. You've had so much trouble with hospitals etc. take care xxx

Any news from ocean?? Don't think we have heard from her for a while or maybe I missed it?

Contractions started early this morning, in the hospital with epidural, shouldn't be long now! Went from 3cm at 10am to 7cm around 12:30pm, and doctor broke my water. Can't wait to meet my LO!

What an exciting update scooby. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics if you're sharing that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->