***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Yay bean!! So happy you have your LO. Arianna had jaundice too and we got sent home with the lights to keep her on. She was considered high risk and it was scary but it took about a week and a half and she cleared right up! Enjoy spending time with your LO in your arms:)

bean - i'm so happy for you. does that mean you all get to go home soon?

Hey girls thought I'd pop over now!

Hey girls, my beautiful boy was born at 5.39pm on Christmas Day! :cloud9:

I left home at 2am when they were still very regular 2-3mins apart and very intense. Got to hospital and was 4cms. Went up to birthing centre and bobbed about in pool for a bit, but they started to get very intense and very close together and I couldn't cope with pain and had a bit of a meltdown chewed my DPs hands at 6am Christmas morning.

Asked for pain relief and went down to labour ward and a marvellous anaesthetist gave me the magic epidural amazing relief. I was progressing well so the drs were happy to leave me to dilate while I read magazines and chatted to my lovely midwife who I had all to myself because it was so quiet.

Got to 3.15pm and was fully dilated and felt urge to start pushing as I let epi run out.

After 2 hours of pushing he was born with his hand up by his head (ouch). Me and DP in tears of joy. I will never forget his wet, slippery little body being chucked on my front -amazing. All the midwifes were incredible.

7lbs8 and perfect :cloud9:

We arrived home last night and opened our presents but he is the best Christmas present ever!

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/8e8374857c207bc9b0d67211e90ed88a.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/161feef8ff6bd5dce59baad92006f371.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/583da29fbaa199fd9d36518a9521c845.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/6af8e2a69ab164f3eb06b3912da45d4f.jpg

So far it's been fab, he's very content. Sleeps most of the day and eats at night. Doesn't cry unless something is needed and is just perfect :)

He's breastfeeding really well too!

Hope you're all doing well, glad to be here x

Bean I am thrilled you finally have LO with you!!!

Ocean he's gorgeous!!

Ocean so happy to see your baby boy! He is adorable!!! Awesome Christmas present :)

Thought I'd share this pic with you

On the left is honey my 3 yr old on day 1 of birth and the right is Teddie on day 5, to me they are so alike, I wonder if it will stay that way??

Anyone else on 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies compared pics yet?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Oh and congrats ocean, love the black and white pic, gorgeous boy x

Quick question about nappy sizes girls. My boy is 2 wks today and was weighed at 8lb 6oz today when midwife discharged us. We've had a couple of leaky nappies yesterday and today at the inside leg area. I've checked I'm opening nappy properly etc. thought it was a one off but we had 3 or 4 times now. It just occurred to me that maybe he needs bigger nappies? We have been using pampers and huggies but always size 1. They look to fit ok but could this be it or just an unlucky day?! What size are you girls using at what weight/age?

I'm pretty sure LO is now over 9lbs, and we're still on size 1's. They seem to be working well, but we do get some poopy leaks once in a while, though they are usually due to what I like to call a "poop explosion"! I have some size 2's, might try one soon to see if they work better, but going to try to use up the 1's first!

I was wondering if you guys think this sounds normal. My bleeding has been fairly minimal since I gave birth, mostly just a bit when I've been sitting and get up. Hardly anything on pads. I've had a few times where it's almost gone then once I'm more active I'd have a day where it went back to red bleeding, small clots. Now for the last 3 days I've had red blood, lots of cramps, some larger clots and more blood in pads. It's more like a period than anything I've had before - even getting some cramping too. Could I just be getting my first period? Or is it because I'm moving around more and maybe my uterus is just trying to finish going back down in size? Should I call my doctor and speak to him about this, or my nurse? Not too worried, since I don't think it's anything too serious, but wondering if any of you have had this....

Jules I am having exactly same think happen with bleeding. Back to more blood and little clots. Mentioned to midwife today and she said it can keep almost stopping then coming back. She said as long as bit smelly and don't feel ill or have bad pain not to worry??

Good to hear toothfairy, glad I'm not alone! I hope this bleeding stops soon, it's so annoying!!

Juless I still have bleeding too. More so with this pregnancy than the others. I have days of none then back to light with occasional clots. Don't have cramping though.

Maybe it is your first period? I got my first period when both dd1 and 2 were 6 weeks old, even though I exclusively BF both :( not fair!!

Lol @ the gardening advice...not sure that was meant for bnb? :)

Congrats to Ocean and yay Bean!!! I hope you guys are out if the hospital by now!

Things are good here -- falling in love with this little girl more every day. We think she's going to smile (for real) any day now, and she is even more active and alert all of a sudden. I sang along to the toddler music station on Pandora with her today and I love that she seemed to enjoy (tolerate?) my goofy dancing and singing. Excuse my being sappy... :)

Summer was six weeks old yesterday...I can't believe my maternity leave is halfway over!?!?

We used newborn size up until she was 9 pounds, and are now on huggies size 1 and they like to leak around the leg. DD is around 10 pounds now and I was thinking the diapers were too big...

I am bleeding now at 4 weeks more than at 2 weeks, but it's not crappy or clotty.

Lol at the gardening advice!

Ocean, beautiful baby!

Omg sorry ladies, not sure why exactly that came up?!? Will teach me to type while BF while being distracted from my iPhone! I have been having some issues with a plant in backyard, and copied some info yesterday! Must have pasted it while typing! Sleep deprivation not helping situation!

Lilly, I exclusively pump and it works wonders in our household. Like you I have to go back to work at 6 weeks so I didn't really worry too much when we couldn't get the hang of bf. plus with pumping I am able to store up extra milk for when I go back to work or when baby goes with her dad.

Sam have you joined any exclusive pumping groups? This is working best for us after trying at breastfeeding for another day or two and it just wasnt working. Anything so far that you've been able to pick up on that makes a difference in supply etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->