***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Girls I have to share with you cos am so proud of myself! Baby weighed 7lb 10 at birth. Dropped to 6lb 15 at 3 days. Up slightly to 7lb 1.5 at day 5 and today he is 7lb 15oz st 11 days!! That's 13.5oz in 6 days. I'm so proud of us! Makes all the hours of painful bfing worth while xxx

Wow tooth that is awesome! You must be making Jersey cream! :)

Lmao at Jersey cream and LOL at picturing a dog finding the umbilical cord stump.

2016 - you described my experience to a T as far as finally leading LOs over-tiredness cues - I thought babies just fell asleep when tired...never knew I'd have to 'tell' her when to go to sleep. I need to get the happiest baby DVD...I've copied a lot of the practices and they definitely help. I'm curious what kind of sleep training they recommend.

Caitlyn's cord stump fell off at 11 days and it did bleed a little the day before it did.

I hope you all had a great holiday and are doing well!

I am finally feeling a little bit normal. I'm still bleeding but it's not very heavily and I'm feeling just better all over. Still a few minor aches and pains and still a bit tired but I feel like it's improved 90% at least. I get an occasional headache due to hormones I think, and I get emotional once in a while but a lot less than I had been.:thumbup:

Caitlyn is doing well I think. I feed her often and she's eating more and more each day and therefore sleeping more. I've been getting 4 hours of sleep a night and 2 in the morning so 6 hours is much better than the none I was getting. I'm still breastfeeding, pumping, and supplementing with formula in between when I am really tired or when I want her to sleep. I find that Caitlyn already knows that bottles are easier and she prefers them but I am hanging on to breastfeeding as long as I can. She sometimes screams and refuses to latch on but if I fight her long enough she will give in and latch. I'm hoping that things continue to get better and that I can get her to sleep less in the day and more at night. :shrug:

Overall I think Caitlyn is a very good baby and we just have a few kinks to work out. DH went back to work today and I'm proud to say that I didn't get stressed and I got a lot done. Hoping it continues to get better!

Hang in there ladies! Hope it continues to get easier for all of us!

In my experience Imsotired...getting babes to sleep less in the day usually makes nightime sleep worse. The old saying "sleep breeds sleep" is true! Even now my 2 year old has his best nights when he's had a lovely long nap in the day. If he misses his nap he will wake every hour at night crying. :(
Sounds like you're doing a fab job though and I'm pleased you feel like you're getting back to "normal".

I can finally join!

Amber Chloe arrived 27th December at 1:05am. 24 hour labour, not fun! Will post full story soon.

Congrats bean!

DH went back to work today after we took our LO to the doctor. RSV is going around pretty bad and we were worried because she's been congested and now has a cough too. Doctor said it's just a cold but to keep a close eye because it could very quickly turn worse. Not exactly what I wanted to do to celebrate her being one month lol.

I didn't do to bad today on my own. No meltdowns, but I didn't really get anything done either. Christmas took it out of me so I just played with DS and his new toys.

My DH went back to work today also. Seth is 2 weeks and 3 days and his stump finally fell off today! I took all 3 kid-lets on a long walk to the park with double pram. Was pretty tired afterwards. I also cleaned bathrooms and did two loads of washing. Needless to say I think I am over doing it considering I am still recovering from c section. I feel fine that DH has gone back to work. Although he was helpful we were starting to get a little sick of each other after two weeks together lol.

Hope everything going well with the snowflakes!

Congrats Bean! Can't wait to see pics!!

ImSoTired and Munch - great first days as solo mom!!!! My LO is 6 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't cleaned the bathrooms!

I am so excited for my family to leave - but DH and I got to take advantage of the babysitting and went to see the movie 'This Is 40' last night. Very funny but also very realistic!!!

Also I think her crazy contempt for naps and fussiness last week was her 6 week sleep regression...she seems back to normal now!!! Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!!

Wow toothfairy! That's amazing. No wonder you are pleased with yourself!

Welcome Bean! And well done again.

Ava's cord stump is finally off. Woo hoo!

Teddie Hope was born on Sunday 23rd December at 22.22, weighing 8lb14oz.

Was a very speedy labour after a successful induction, we had all thought I'd be in hospital a few days as previous inductions had taken at least 2 attempts to work, this time however was completely different! Full on contractions started 3 hours after Pessary was inserted and my labour was recorded as 1hr 37 minutes start to finish!!! Don't get me wrong I'm glad it didn't go on for hours and days but it took everyone by surprise and I almost pushed the baby out in the corridor going down to the delivery suite as I went from 4cm - 7cm in half an hour and then 7-10 in 2 minutes!!!!! Scary stuff

Was grateful to be able to come home on Christmas Eve and have a semi normal festive period though,

She did lead us into a false sense of security for the first 2 nights and slept like an angel, last night however she was blooming awful and would not settle at all, she was hungrier but ended up really windy so was in discomfort, at 4.45 am I gave in and let her sleep on my chest as I physically couldn't keep my eyes open any longer!! Not a habit I'm hoping to get into as it was mighty uncomfortable after a while and it's not the ideal sleeping arrangement. Lets hope tonight is a better night.

Plus my boobs are like rocks as my milk has started to come in, cabbage leaves are the best

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Congrats fifi! What gorgeous girls!! :D Glad to hear things are starting to settle for most of us, it's very nice to get into a routine.
DD is trying to help with baby, which is cute, though she's a 40lb two year old so I have to watch her! She can be pretty rough! Today Tessa was in the baby swing as I did the dishes and her hat kept falling over her eyes. Rosie would pull the hat up for her and fix it. Then she started wanting to swing her, but a bit to much, lol! It's so sweet though! I've been lucky and not had jealousy issues. She gives her lots of kisses!
Things are going well with us for sleep, but that's just because Tessa sleeps next to me in bed, makes it easy to feed her. We have the bed pushed up against our crib, so the crib bars keep Tess from falling out of the bed, and soon I'm going to put her in the crib. Our bed is tall enough that I can easily reach in and out of it from in bed. I do enjoy cosleeping though, it's nice for bonding, but it's not something I want to do long term.

I jinxed myself...Summer has been awake since her first feed at 630am, it's now 930. She has eaten three times, the third of which she promptly puked up all over me and the rocking chair

I have to get used to the puking thing! DD1 never ever spit up, but DD2 does once in a while. I keep forgetting to be prepared with burp cloths!

I got weighed today for the first time since being pregnant, and to my surprise I've lost 33 pounds in the last 12 days!! :happydance: that would explain why even my "skinny" jeans are falling off.

Thought I would post a quick birth story for my little Lilliana.

Started with real contractions at 11PM on 12/23. Called midwives at about 5AM as they were about 3 minutes apart and lasting about a minute each. My midwives showed up at about 6AM and I was 4cm at that point. They were able to stretch me to 6cm and get a bloody show as I hadn't lost my mucus plug up until then.

Contractions continued becoming more intense and I was doing laps around the house and squats against the side of the couch to make it through each contraction. I have no idea what time we all moved into my bedroom but it was decided that I was dehydrated and an IV was started at this point. Was told I was about 8-9cm and fully effaced but I kept telling them I had the urge to push. DH and midwife kept telling me to breath through each contraction and not bear down but the sensation was completely unbearable.

Ended up in a full squat with DH supporting me from behind and after four or five big pushes through that was laid on my back on the floor. I think it took about five big contractions with about 3-4 pushes with each to get her out but Lilliana Siobhan was born at 3:39 on Christmas Eve. DH cut the cord (which he said he wouldn't do) so I was so proud.

This is where things got really scary as after 20 minutes my placenta wasn't coming away. We started abdominal massage and nipple stimulation and at 40 minutes the midwife said she would give me 5 more minutes. At 45 minutes with no signs of detachment I was given a shot of pitocin. At I'm assuming 50-55 minutes the midwife made the call to EMS and started a manual removal of the placenta. This was probably more painful than the unmedicated labor and birth I had just gone through. As we heard the sirens in front of the house she was able to get the entire thing to cleanly detach as paramedics basically stormed our bedroom. They started me on an antibiotic drip due to how far inside the uterus she had to go to remove everything and I lost about 500mL of blood. (Not a lot by some standards, but after the marathon of labor I was so woozy). I didn't need a transport since the placenta came away cleanly, and this is why we did a home birth in the first place to stay out of the hospital.

Anyway, all's well that end's well and we are all so happy and in love with our little girl.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 1
Congrats to all the new mama's! I will update the list properly tomorrow when I'm on my laptop, just popping in quickly to see how everyone is?

We are just getting settled into our new house. Lots of stuff still to do but getting there slowly! I'm doing it mostly on my own as OH has been working lots and now he has a few days off for Xmas and we are just relaxing and enjoying time as a family rather than unpacking!

Millie is 1 month old today and is my little beauty :cloud9: she's still a handful and can be quite hard work but it's not too bad and I'm coping. Amber is being a little angel thankfully so that has helped. I've also hit my 1 month breastfeeding milestone and am over the moon :yipee:

Well its now the second morning I've had to wake up without my little girl. Its so hard to believe I'm a mom when there is no baby present. Really hoping we get good news today and are able to bring her back to the room.
Obviously with her being in the incubator I haven't even been able to try breastfeeding yet. I haven't pumped either - do you think this is going to cause me problems? The doctor was just in and she gently squeezd my nipple and did get something out. I'm going to get dh to fetch the pump today when he gets my mom.

Bean, not sure. I wouldn't think it would cause problems as your body will continue to make colostrum until your milk comes in.

We've been having some bfing issues here. Can't get a good latch because LO pushes her tongue to roof of mouth and won't bring down even when she cries. I've been trying her with a nipple shield which seems to help keep the tongue depressed but I've also been pumping as much colostrum as I can and adding that to a supplemented formula bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->