***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Fifi they want me to get an ultrasound because I had my placenta manually removed. They think it came out whole but want to make sure there is not an accessory lobe still attached. Although my bleeding has been drastically reduced. It's basically barely spotting now and I've not passed a clot bigger than a pea (but this is because I lost of lot of blood with placenta removal). Mine never smelled bad, but did smell as if an old pad would smell after not changing for a while.

2016 - so sorry to hear that it's been a rough go for you! Feel free to vent all you want, we won't judge! It's rough being a mom sometimes! Thankfully my DD is relatively silent unless she is hungry, or sleeping, in which case she grunts due to gas, but she doesn't cry much. I think I would have quite a different view of motherhood if she was a crier.

I am almost 6 weeks PP and still spotting. Been like this for weeks..anxiously awaiting it stopping! What kind of BC are you girls going on? I was told if BF, you need an IUD or a progestin only pill.

I am going out on my own with DD for the first time tomorrow to get her hips ultrasounded (standard protocal for breech babies, no one thinks she has hip problems). I'm very nervous. I have been out with her and DH before, but never just me.

Lily, hope your ultrasound goes well!

Tooth, my DD has a little acne too, and i just wipe her face with a wet cotton ball a couple times a day. I dont think you really can do anything. Some of the moms on here i believe have put breast milk on the baby acne, but i'm not sure if they have had success. My DD is getting a rash from drooling down her face onto her neck.

Fifi when did u have ur baby was wondering cuz r tickers r the same

Hi ladies, I've been wondering about bleeding also. I'm 10 days out and have pretty much slowed to spotting over the past few days, although there are still some small clots passing. Also, when will having a BM stop being such a chore? It's so freakin uncomfortable!

Oohhh the pooping... Three weeks later and I'm still pretty constipated. I'm really sick of it, it let up for a few days but its back again now :(

Sam & Scooby, are either of you taking stool softeners? My hospital sent me home with a prescription and orders to take 200 mg of simethicone (brand name colace) and it has worked wonders!

I was also told to take colace but have been eating a ton of steel cut oatmeal (to help with lactating) and stiring ground flax seed into yogurt and haven't had an issue with going to the bathroom yet.

I have been taking stool softeners, but not as regularly as I should. I need to buy in bulk!

I've got gas on the brain, as gabby is super gassy and simethicone is anti gas. Colace is docusate, if u wanted generic.

Yes I was taking them but they weren't helping. I was taking 6 a day for goodness sakes! I'm going to look for something different when I go to the store today.

Also I can't wait for the mailman to get here (and its 3 am, have a while to go haha) because he's bringing my new coffee maker today! Whoop! Too bad I can only have one mug a day.

Haha so true about going toilet being a chore! I had to take a supposetry as I was blocked! Drinking tonnes of water and taking softeners helps but the best thing is prunes! I eat 5 a day and its much easier now.

My bleeding has stopped now

Wow ocean, you are lucky! I must admit my bleeding has been very light and I haven't passed any clots! Think its because of the manual removal and the doctor stuck her hand in afterwards too to check and pulled out a bunch of stuff!!
As for the toilet - what a pain! I'm taking stool softeners and they aren't always helping. Think I must try prunes!

Dh went back to work today so of course Amber had a bad night! I eventually got her to sleep on me at 3:30am. I felt so bad for him. My mom took her from me at 8am so I could sleep.

Yay I'm finally on this page have posted in the December snow flakes page cz I couldn't remover this page xxx

My bleeding seems to pretty much be over now, which is great! I hope it doesn't come back!! At 4 weeks I had a week of very heavy bleeding, (not soaking pads or anything, but lots when I went to the toilet) - big clots and everything. Had me worried but it's eased off now. Hope it's over soon for all of us! As for birth control, need to look into that myself. We had been just using the pull out method, which surprisingly was super effective for us! I have a latex allergy so condoms are a no go (they were how I discovered the allergy). Birth control pills I've tried in the past have made me feel awful. I'm going to talk to OH about it soon, as I'm almost at the 6 week mark, lol!
I have to say I feel super lucky. I am actually able to get lots of sleep. Usually Tessa wakes up only a few times to eat during the night and goes right back to sleep which is awesome. Last night she woke up once - and went right back to sleep, even slept while I changed her diaper! Fed her a bit this morning and now she's still in bed sound asleep while I eat breakfast. So nice to be able to have lots of sleep with a 5 week old. Co-sleeping definitely helps though!

Just got done having my stitches cut open, getting scraped and resutured. Worse than actual chikdbirth and being stitched up the first time. I think I cried the whole way through.

Just got done having my stitches cut open, getting scraped and resutured. Worse than actual chikdbirth and being stitched up the first time. I think I cried the whole way through.

Oh I am so sorry you had to go through that. Hope you get some rest and aren't too sore xxx

oh lilly :hugs: sounds painful! hope you heal properly this time!

Gabby had her hip ultrasound today and everything looks good! she was a trooper and only cried a little.

Lilly that sounds awful. Did they give you local anaesthetic at all? Wishing you a speedy recovery.

On the topic of bleeding. I think i've stopped for good now as it's been a week. And the week prior i had on/off little drops here and there then days of nothing. So all up it took about 4 weeks to clear.

They gave four shots to numb the area. Those didnt hurt so bad, neither did the scraping but she went deep and tight with the new sutures and the pressure and pinching from those was the absolute worst. I didn't mind the stitches after the birth I think because I had so much adrenaline I had going. Plus I'm wondering if the original stitches were in really loosely anyway due to swelling and the fact that I was on my bedroom floor and the midwife basically had to put them in what my husband called "combat medic style". :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->