***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Daydream sorry you're having a hard time! Hugs

I sweat terribly when Amber sleeps on me. Leaky boobs is definitely not a problem I have! My boobs have been so disappointing! Everyone said wait til you're pregnant then they'll grow. They didn't. Then they said wait for the third trimester. Still nothing. Then they said don't worry you'll see when your milk comes in. Well, still nothing! They're fuller but barely bigger. How very sad!!! Guess I'm glad breastfeeding is going well. That's most important.

With a bit of help we got poo today! Three nappies, about fifty wet wipes and a facecloth later!!!

Ah glad we are all one big sweaty mess! My boobs are quite leaky too - I wear pads in a nursing bra 24/7 and if I'm feeling enthusiastic breast shells to collect the leaks so DH can incorporate them into a feed later. Anyone else come across these? For those with lots of leaking I'd definitely recommend them (but don't bend forward as there is a hole in the top and you'll spill the milk everywhere!)

And Lilly - yes to the drooling for me too! What's that all about?!

DH has gone back to work today. It's an odd feeling. I have been spoilt to have him here for 4 weeks so I can't complain.

Here's an interesting question. I've seen a lot of you talk about babies and gas. LO will burp just fine after a bottle with a little help in the back patting department but doesn't pass any gas at all. I can tell she's in some pain as she will begin grunting and pull her knees up and seems like she's straining. I've tried bicycling her legs which seems to just piss her off and eventually if left alone she has a BM but it sounds like an explosion. Is this normal? Should I expect more gas and possibly a less violent poop? Or is this about on par with a two week old.

Lilly, not sure what is "normal" (seems to be so many different opinions on babies, eh?) but if Tessa has a big poo it's explosive every time pretty much. You can definitely hear it coming out! She has little poo's that are more quiet, or come out with farts though. She is very gassy. Maybe your LO has more silent gas? If she seems to be comfortable I wouldn't worry too much about it, the gas must be coming out somehow! Doesn't hurt to ask your doctor or nurse if you're concerned though.

Honey.Bee, I should get some of those! I'm super leaky and I bet I could save lots of milk that way!

Jules - these are the ones I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...01402&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21

Even if you just wear one on the other breast when you are feeding, you'll be surprised how much you collect! Don't forget to empty them regularly! My health visitor recommended having a milk bag in the fridge which I top up throughout the day. I can easily get 3 oz this way x

Oh and Lilly - that sounds pretty normal to me. Ava is very explosive and un-ladylike in that department. I know when she needs winding because she goes rigid and will almost arch her back. She looks uncomfortable too and will pull off the breast. All babies are different though. If LO is uncomfortable, I'm sure she will let you know!

WOW, I am finally on the laptop and have just had to trawl through 25+ pages to catch up with everything and get everyone's LO's date of births and names for the list :lol: that'll teach me for being too busy with newborn, housemove, xmas & NY and not doing this sooner :rofl: I have put down everyone who has asked to be on the list with their baby's DOB. Saradavies, you said hello but didn't give DOB, what is it and I'll add you? If everyone can check they are on the list and all is correct that would be great :flower: oh also Ocean, does your handsome little man have a name yet?

Big hugs to those that have had a rough time of it lately :hugs: 2016, you do not sound like a terrible mum at all. I do not know how you are coping with the screaming (colic?) and reflux :( AND toddler to boot. You are a very strong lady :hugs: Millie has colic and it is absolutely awful, I definitely did not envisage this! Amber was so easy in comparison and I suppose I just stupidly assumed I'd be as lucky 2nd time round! We are using gripe water and infacol and it has made the evenings more bearable (she was screaming for 3-4hrs non stop) but we've had some pretty crap nights lately, where she's waking every hour to feed or to be changed or just to cry and then not settling back down. I'm getting 30mins of sleep here and there :wacko: just have to keep telling myself this isn't forever! I'm thinking of taking her to see an osteopath after a friend recommended it to me, apparently the stretches and exercises really helped her colicky baby and she only needed one session.

Not much to report from me, I've been so busy with the house move and the girls but we are finally getting settled and I have a little more time on my hands to come online now. Millie was 6 weeks old yesterday and was weighed last week at 5+2 and was 10lbs 14.5oz - little porker! She has started giving me these huge smiles the past week or so and they are definitely making all of the screaming worthwhile :haha: I'm not very good at capturing them on camera though - I always seem to catch the beginning or end of the smile!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/millie2.jpg

Oooh, I'll have to check out the breast shields, as I too have leaky boobs and have to wear bra/pads 24/7!

Lilly, my DD started off only making the explosive poo sounds with actual poo, but at about 3 weeks she got really gassy and often farts without poo. I have tried gripe water and it seems to help a little, but really bicycling her legs and pushing her knees to chest seems to help the most.

Anyone have a congested LO? Gabby sounds so blocked sometime, but other times she sleeps and I can't hear anything. It is so confusing and I can't tell what part of her body is making these sounds. Anyone try saline in the nose with a snot sucker?

Welcome back, Lolly, we missed u!

I've missed you all, and BnB! And just having the internet in general :haha:

Millie sometimes gets gigantic bogeys and we use a saline nasal spray and a sucker to loosen them up and get them out. Seriously, these things are huuuge! Almost the size of her head :rofl:

I haven't been able to get online much because I have a baby who doesn't like to be put down and eats a lot. I have read through everything and I'm having a lot of the same goings on as you ladies. I'm not really complaining though because I have a good baby overall. I just need her to figure out her days and nights, which is getting better slowly. She is sleeping 4-6 hours for me at night (usually 2 or 3 to 6/7/8) and gaining weight slowly but gaining none-the-less. Occasionally she spits up a bit and gets a little gas but it isn't anything too severe. She is whiney at times but doesn't often scream or cry too much. I don't recall who said they were having their baby's hip ultrasounded because she was breech but you are very lucky nothing became of it. Caitlyn does have a clicky hip and may need to wear a brace or something. We have to get another ultrasound in 2 weeks. SHe wasn't breech but apparently it is a risk all 1st born girls have but it is more likely in those that are breech / have family history etc. I am just heart broken that she has this issue, even though it isn't painful for her and will probably be fixed easily.

As for bleeding I have been blood free for aweek or two but still have a spotty like discharge that is light brown/yellow. I still get some constipation and soreness from time to time. I don't think my stitches healed very well either because I have a bump down there and I'm really afraid to touch too much around the area and really see what's going on. I'm just afraid I'll never be the same in that area and it's uncomfortable. Needless to say, I haven't been having sex yet and haven't even thought about BC yet. I had such a hard time with BC last time I really dread it. The pull out method always worked for us but I really want to be extra cautious as I can't see getting pregnant so soon. I have an appt in 2 weeks with my ob/gyn so I'm sure we'll discuss it all then.

Sorry to all of those who are having a difficult time. I have my good days and my hard days and I'm still doubting myself all of the time. I'm so happy we have somewhere to go and talk about it but I wish I had the time to respond more personally, etc. I also feel like I don't take good enough care of myself to care for the baby.

Breastfeeding is going well but I am woried about my supply as we are supplementing also. I began taking fenugreek and hope it's working.

Hope you're all well, baby is crying!

Would it be ok to be added to the front page? Feel like we are gate crashing a little as bubba was due in november so only joined the snowflakes very late on.

hi girls :) amelia-rose was born on the 7th december. I feel like ive had no time to get on here lately! my baby girl spent 5 days in hospital last week due to bronchiolitus and Joel went back to school on Monday so everythings been hectic here. How is everyone managing? x

Edit: just added a couple of photos :) Joel loves his little sister x

Attachments

• amelia.jpg
    amelia.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
  • amelia and joell.jpg
    amelia and joell.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
cookielucylou, of course you can! The more the merrier :D what is baby's D.O.B and name (if you what to share that is) and I'll add you :flower:

Verona, welcome over and congrats! She's so gorgeous :) sorry she's not been well, there's been a few babies I've heard of now admitted recently with that, poor things :( hope she's over it now?

Welcome back lolly and verona.

lolly - Millie is a cutie!

Verona - beautiful kids :)

Welcome cookielucylou.

Okay my middle of the night googling has proved me wrong. Visited both ped and on today. LO still just has a very stubborn diaper rash so we'll be using hydrocortisone as well as zinc cream. My OB said my nipples may still just adjusting to breast feeding but that I should meet with the lactation consultants to make sure latch is still ok. I'll do that after we get past this week 3 growth spurt. He's been feeding so much that I went back to using the nipple shields to try to protect them. I do however have a yeast infection in my lady region. Sigh.

Last night LO cried most of the night. Both DH and I are exhausted. I've got LO sleeping on me now, I think this is the most he's slept since midnight last night.

I think DD is starting a growth spurt. Super fussy, crying and won't stop eating! It's exhausting, really. DH has her now but it's only a matter of time before she is back on the boob. It's more frequent than every hour even! Ahhh, my sanity!!!

Chloe, I have heard horror stories about the 6 week mark. Sleep regressions, growth spurts, etc... Fabulous that I'll be experiencing it the same time I go back to work. Good luck! At least it won't last forever.

Hi ladies wondered if you would share your night time sleep routine?

How long does baby sleep? Is baby in basket/cot or in your bed? How do you manage it? Is baby asleep when goes down or awake etc?

Mine takes about 1.5 hours to feed settle to start. Have to get him deeply asleep then will transfer to carrycot for about 3 to 3.5 hours if have had hot water bottle warming mattress. Then feed change for about 45 mins. He won't always have both breasts through night. At this point I've been co sleeping as safely as poss, no duvets pillows etc. he then does about 2 hours, Another feed then 1 hour. Have tried putting him in cot for 2nd sleep but takes extra 30 min to settle him deep enough to sleep to transfer and even then he only does 2 hours 2nd sleep. Seems after the 1st solid sleep he doesn't go back off as deeply wherever he is, he will be wriggling and does a little almost waking up cry after an hour ish.

Basically I'm looking for tips how to get longer stints if sleep and how to get him to settle in carrycot better and faster. Or is this kinda normal and as well as can expect?

Should say exclusively breastfeeding too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->