***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Will add your LO's now Sara & cookie :thumbup:

The 6 week growth spurt has been soooo hard on us. Night times were terrible :nope: last night was amazing though, Millie slept 12.45-5am, had a quick 15min feed and nappy change and then slept til 7ish, fed for a short time and then slept until 9.15. I'm feeling pretty refreshed today! FX'd we are coming towards the end of this spurt. Roll on the next one :wacko:

Toothfairy, we don't have any kind of routine if I'm honest with you! With all these growth spurts and Millie's colic it seems a little pointless right now. If I get her down in her basket by 11.30-12 I'm happy! I'll probably try get her into some kind of routine in a month or so.

We're sout to entrr week 6 here and my goodness has the little man changed! He gets fussy during the day and wants to be held all day long. I feel bad for my toddler watching him play by himself ... Which has made him more clingy too as i'm sure he would feel a little neglected. It's heartbreaking and i felt a little depressed today like i'm letting my 2yo down.

Tooth - thankfully baby knows night from day. He's probably going through a growth spurt so he's been up to feed every 2-3hrs compared to before where he'd go 3-4hrs between feeds. He gets his business done pretty quickly and passes out again.

We've attached the baby cot next to the bed and cosleep that way. I find side-lying bf position helps him get back to sleep quickly, and he always sleeps better when he's close to me. I don't bother burping him to not disturb him (plus i'm too tired to tbh). Only problem is the grunting from the gas, which i then rub his belly and compress his knees to chest for relief early in the morning aroud 4am.

Not sure if you can take away anything from this, but it's just something that's working for us. Good luck!

Welcome back Lolly! We missed you. Hope new abode is sorted and comfy.

I went out to the mall today with the 3 children and double pram. Was good to get out. BF in a cafe and had lovely coffee and muffin. Feel more human because of it :)

We don't really have a routine as such. I have been co sleeping mostly with LO but will put a stop to it soon. It's mainly to get most sleep as possible. I do find though that I am possibly feeding him too much during night as I often wack him on the boob when I am lying down half asleep. He seems to manage to move right next to me during the night. I think at this stage how ever your getting by is just fine.

Seth has a windy, wakeful episode at about 130 till 3 in morning. Tried some gripe water last night and it worked well.

Xx

Welcome back lolly!!! Xxxxx

Sounds like we're all just doing what we can to get by for now? Sometimes you get sick of visitors telling you you shouldn't be letting him sleep on you blah blah!

Thanks girls :) shes fine now, wad just awful at the time x

Yep definitely just doing what we can and just following baby's lead really.

How's everyone doing on the weight loss front? I've lost a bit already, I'm about 8lbs under my pre-preg weight (had some to lose beforehand!). Joined up to slimming world last night as need to get in some sort of structure and stop eating so much chocolate and biscuits!

I'm doing well weight loss wise I had only put on 15lb with pregnancy and have lost about 26lb. I had weight to lose before though as uk size 16 sometimes bigger on top. I can get back into jeans but too sore from section to wear them yet

I'm under prepreg weight too. Except for some loose skin on my belly and what I consider pretty unattractive stretch marks I think I'm doing pretty good.

We don't have a routine per se. At about midnight I pump, feed LO, burp her and lay her down. She's usually awake and I either gently rub her belly or run my thumb up her nose and over her eyebrows and she falls asleep rather quickly. We can get to 3 and my alarm goes off to pump again but she's usually still asleep and will stay that way until about 5-530 when she gets another bottle, burp and I pump. This is the hardest feed to get her to go back to sleep on as she usually refuses to burp and arches her back screaming for quite some time. It usually takes DH doing skin to skin to get her to pass out and he's a champ at getting her back in the cosleeper without her waking. We usually all get 3.5-4 more hours after that.

Tooth, when DH goes to school in the evening and I nap with LO I let her sleep in the bed with me. I put her up high next to my pillow so our faces are really close and usually put her on her stomach. She sleeps so much better knowing that I'm right there and the stomach sleeping helps her gas and grunting. DH won't allow this with both of us in the bed though and that's fine but I read a study about how the babies breathing is actually regulated from the mothers and being close to her face so I'm honestly all down for cosleeping although I know a lot of people aren't.

Well right after I posted about DH being wonderful and taking the crying baby, he came downstairs, left her screaming upstairs, and said he couldn't take it anymore. Oh well. Mommy to the rescue! I had to walk around with her, give her the paci, rock her, sing to her, and finally finish with a boob and she FINALLY fell asleep after 6 straight hours of awake at around 1am, but then didn't wake up until 730, so I guess that was an OK trade off.

As far as routines, we also don't really have one. I have tried to give a bath at 9pm, we listen to lullabies during and after, then have some awake time, and i feed her and put her to sleep around 1030, but she is usually up again before being out for the night, so i kinda gave up that 'routine' and now just start putting her in her swaddle and crib any time she falls asleep after 9pm and hoping that one of those times she will actually stay asleep for the night. during the day she naps on me or in her carseat. Prior to 12pm, if she wakes up and then goes back to sleep, she has a hard time staying asleep in her crib, so i put her in bed with me and we just chill in bed until noonish, after which i take her to the living room so i can watch some tv and attempt to get some dishes/laundry washed. So you can see its not really a routine :) I am anti cosleeping with me, DH, 2 cats and Gabby in bed, but I'm ok with it if it's just me and her. So nighttime cosleeping is not on the table for me. But that's great that it works for some people! Gabby cried around 9am and all i did was move her from her crib (which is actually a pack n play at the foot of my bed) to my bed and she fell right back asleep, no need to eat or change a diaper or anything.

I am moving on Monday, and hardly anything is packed, and my new house is still a work in progress. We will not have kitchen counter tops nor a master bathroom sink when we move in. ugh! And kitchen, bathroom and basement will not be painted, and we will still need carpet in rec room and basement. Moving with a newborn sucks (I'm sure Lolly can attest to that!)

I gained 30 lbs while pregnant and have lost 27 of them. Although I still can't fit into most of my jeans. I have one pair that i found that fits, so i wear those. I was a US size 2 pre-pregnancy and it is still a little sore to stuff my stomach into the jeans with my c section scar is.

Chloe sorry about your DH. We had a rough night a few days ago where LO would not stop grunting but she was asleep so I wasn't going to wake her. He finally said we would have to put her bassinet in the living room if it continued and asked how I was sleeping through it. I said I was sleeping through because I was freaking exhausted and knew she was actually asleep. What was I going to do watch her sleep and grunt? No, sleep when baby sleeps.

Lol to cats in the bed. When the midwives asked if we were going to cosleep my DH said, "but where will the cats sleep if the baby is in the bed?" Have your cats acknowledged her yet? My female pretty much ignores her and the male while he will sit on the bed or the couch if she's there if we try putting her close to him he leaves pretty quickly.

Hey all quick update from me Angelyca is now 5lbs 4.5ozs n 19.5inches. It feels like such an accomplishment because I'm EBF

My OH is useless when Millie has a colic/extreme crying episode :wacko:

Bbygurl that's fantastic, well done to you and baby Angelyca :D

Our nighttime routine is pretty simple, around 10 I change Iz's diaper, put her in pajamas, give her a bottle and rock her to sleep. She's usually up from 7-10 so she's tired by that time and ready for bed. She's sleeping in her crib in her room now and usually wakes up around 5 for another changing and bottle, then she's out again until about 9:30. Fabulous :) I just hope it continues this way.

I should also add I do half formula half breast milk at bedtime and 5 am. It's helped her sleep tremendously.

Afm on the weight loss front I'm down 35 pounds from pre-preg weight, but I also lost almost 20 pounds in first tri and didn't hit my pre-preg weight until 33 weeks. Only gained 8 pounds total. Best weight loss plan ever! Hehe

I now weigh a stone less than what i did before i fell pregnant :s Im down to 9 stone 5 and thats without trying. I have to tone up a lot as im quite flabby now lol x

Lilly, the cats sniff Gabby every once in a while, but when she moves or grunts, they back off. Although when she cries my female cat gets pretty close, almost like a watchful mom. Its cute. They avoid her pack n play at night, thankfully. Life for the cats is pretty much the same as pre baby, although they will lay on my lap while i hold or nurse her, which i find to be cute, but far too hot with a baby and cat on me! Wish I could say the grunting tapers off but i've found it has only gotten worse! At some point it is bound to get better, I hope....

I had the day from hell today. LO usually sleeps good from 11pm-7am waking once or twice to eat and goes right back to sleep. Not last night, she was up almost every hour to eat. So when the alarm went off at 630 I didn't even realize I had turned it off and fell back asleep. She woke up at 7 and I began to rush around getting ready. I had an IUD put in two weeks ago and had my follow-up today. They did an ultrasound to make sure it was in the correct location and couldn't find it. The ultrasound tech did however find a fairly large cyst. After the ultrasound the doctor did a pelvic exam to see if the cyst was just covering the IUD in the ultrasound. She still couldn't find it. So I have to go back sometime next week to get a CT scan. It either is in the correct spot and the cyst is too big to see it, it fell out without my knowledge, or it punctured through the uterus and is floating around inside somewhere. Now I'm terrified I may have to undergo another surgery to get it out.

And when I finally got out of the doctor's office I had a cranky baby because she was starving and she has been eating ALL day. Now she's laying beside me and her big brother is feeding her. They can make me crazy sometimes but also make me feel so much better after a long day.

Hope they find it stark!!
Went to the doctor today and it turns out I have a bad bladder infection. Also getting a cold! Blah!!

Sorry to all the moms with health woes. Caring for an infant is hard enough as it is.

Stark - :hugs: sorry sounds like the 6 wk growth spurt has hit.

LO slept for us much better last night. He still had fussy times during the day today, but easier to handle while we are well rested. I started probiotics for myself today. Hoping it helps the yeast infection I have in the lady region, and I hear it can help with fussy babies so hoping that is true too. One positive note, my bleeding is practically gone, which is good bc I'm ready to be done with pads so I can let that area air out some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->