***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Cookilucylou - i could have written that post myself haha! I get absolutely nothing done! It doesn't help that my toddler has decided he doesn't want to nap on some days.

Bean - sorry i've never heard of carpel tunnel syndrome before but i hope it clears for you.

Tooth - i can definitely relate. I've even asked dh many times if he reckons our baby knows his mama or am i just boobies to him. But lately i'm starting to feel s,pecial as he cries for me when he's with dh. Sounds silly but i like to feel special to my baby. Just give it a little more time for your baby to show you just how special you are.

Ummm funny question, but does anyone feel like there are tiny bubbles in their vajayjay? I've never had it before i don't think, buti'm noticing it now after birth. It doesn't hurt, just feels odd, no discharge or bad odour or cramps or any pain. And we haven't dtd yet since giving birth either.

Please don't tellmei'm weird :haha:

^^ you're definitely weird :winkwink: no, I know what you're saying. I feel bubbles escaping out of there sometimes too.

Tooth I can relate. Sometimes I feel like anybody could do what I do.

Hey ladies I think my poor baby is sick. N that scares the hell out of me with her being so tiny. My dh is sick n so is my one yr old. Going to take both my babies to the doctors tomorrow

Hey ladies I think my poor baby is sick. N that scares the hell out of me with her being so tiny. My dh is sick n so is my one yr old. Going to take both my babies to the doctors tomorrow

Oh no?? What's that matter with her?

She sounds congested cough n running slight fever my one year old is the worst her.cough is so croopy n running fevers.

I get fanny bubbles too...and haven't had sex and am not sure I want to ever again! :wacko:

Flicka has been so much better lately since Ive gone on a dairy and soy free diet. She's now also on both Domperidone and Ranatidine for reflux and silent reflux. She's loads more settled now and no more colicky screaming every night. She's also getting quite good at nights going down at 10pm and then waking at 2am and 6am for feeds. You must understand my son fed every 2 hours day and night until he was 6 months old! Even now at 26 months he wakes occasionally at night for milk!

She has her first vaccinations tomorrow and my son was awful every day for a week after each of his so I hope it doesn't affect her too badly!

Fanny bubbles :rofl::rofl: can't say I've had them, but I really need to start doing some pelvic floor exercises because I'm pretty weak down there :blush:

I can relate toothfairy, Millie is so difficult and this colic crap is driving me crazy :wacko: we went back to the doctors today after a full weekend spent screaming (her, not me!), just short 10min naps here and there to break it up a little. He prescribed her some colief to help break up the lactose in my milk, so just hoping that helps a bit now.

Hey all. Lil miss Angelyca was running a 101.2 fever this morning me n dh took her to the emergency room. Get temp was back at normal n sent us home have to watch it n make sure it doesn't go over 38°C n if it does got to take her back. Than,after we left there we had to take my one yr old to the doctors. All this after no sleep. Miss Ella kept me up the first half of the night n Angel kept me up the second half.

I've also felt those bubbles, feels like trapped gas bubbles in there somehow, lol!
We've been having a few rough evenings here lately. Tess has been super gassy and in the evening it seems to really bother her. She screams and I can't seem to help her get enough out to help her feel better. She fusses and won't nurse, doesn't know what she wants. Last night it was for over 3 hours straight! Now tonight she's luckily been great! I've been trying to nurse in blocks of time - usually 3-4 hours per breast instead of switching her each feed. I have a very strong amount of milk coming out at first, poor Tess can hardly keep up! I think it's adding to the gas. She might also be starting the 6 week growth spurt today. She won't settle for more than 20 minutes before she wants more food.
Okay, so am I strange? I'm almost obsessed with how quickly Tess is growing. It's not that I don't want her to get bigger, but I kinda don't want her to! I'm enjoying having a little, average sized baby as I didn't get that with Rosalina, so I keep worrying that she won't stay that way long. I know she won't, it's normal for babies to grow quick, lol! But I can't help but be upset when she outgrows something... I keep hoping she's still in the "average" weight range. It was fun having a big baby too, but this time I get to have the small baby experience and I don't want it to end too soon I guess! She's still fitting in 0-3 month so she's still small, but to me she seems so much bigger already and it makes me kinda sad. Don't get me wrong, I do want her to be healthy and growing. Bah, I sound like a nut, lol!

Samj, could you explain your daily schedule? As a single parent do you have any outside help? How are you dealing with going back to work and single parenting? My DH is driving me crazy and I feel like I'm doing everything single handedly anyway. :cry:

Lilly, I don't really have any sort of set schedule unfortunately :( it's really hard being a single mom. I get a little help from my dad in the evening but he mostly cooks me supper and runs the dishwasher. Iz is usually up by 9 am, so mornings are always feeding/changing/bath time. If I'm lucky she'll take a good nap in the afternoon and I can shower, eat and do housework. Then she's usually up from 4-6 and 8-10 demanding all my attention. This is a normal day... Throw in any doctor appts, meetings, or shopping that needs to be done and we get off track. Her dad has taken her some, but only one over night and a few hours here and there. Not to mention all the hassle I'm going thru to try and get child support and day care assistance. Then I go back to work on February 4th (I got an extra week) and I will be doing all that on top of my job. Plus I'm pumping and that takes extra time too.

It's not that I don't love Iz, because my heart could burst with how much I do. It's just really difficult. I can't even run out to the store for milk without a 15 minute 'getting ready'' session. I'm up with her every single night. I'm the only one home so everything falls on my shoulders. She has a doctor appt three hours away next week and I have to do everything that comes with it alone.

I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm also pumping and DH doesn't help with night feeds. He would if I asked him but I don't because I know he needs sleep. He flies helicopters and going into that sleep deprived is an absolute no. Plus when he's home he's always messing with flight plans etc so I try not to bother him then either. I go back to work on the 15 and somehow I've convinced myself that pumping will be easier because instead of pumping, feeding, changing diapers and getting Lilliana down for a nap all I have to do at work is pump and the daycare takes care of the rest.

Right. I hear ya on the work thing. But if your dh really isn't doing anything to help then I think you should have a chat with him. I'm not saying tell him to get up all hours of the night but maybe he could take her an hour or two in the evening so you could have some time to yourself? Or maybe pitch in a little more with the house work?

I'm feeling really low today. Caitlyn was up most of the night and has been sleeping most of the day today:cry:. It's so difficult to wake her up and keep her awake and if I do she just screams because she is tired anyway. I really want her to sleep better at night so I can feel like a normal person again. I can't seem to get any sleep during the day so I run on what little I get in the night which is anywhere from 2-5 hours. During the day I need to shower, maybe throw in some laundry and wash bottles, then anything else if I'm lucky. Caitlyn has been taking 2-4 oz bottles every 3-5 hours. Sometimes she'll cry for a little something at the 2 hour mark but then usually falls asleep before drinking a whole oz. Also she really isn;t breastfeeding much anymore which I feel just awful about. The thing is, if I begin to bf her she soon falls asleep. So I have to shift her from one boob to the other and keep putting her down to wake her only to get her too upset to nurse anyway. So then I try to pump but my supply seems to be dwindling as I'm not getting much from pumping anymore even though I'm taking the fenugreek. :cry:It really just makes me sad but I'm not sure there's much I can do about it at this point. I just feel useless now, like there isn't anything special about me to her if I'm not bf'ing. So between my non existant schedule, my flabby gut, and my boobs drying up, I am just an emotional mess. I just hope it gets better...

Hope you're all well!

ImSoTired :hugs: have you tried eating real oatmeal? That's supposed to help increase production. Also taking blessed thistle along with fenugreek is also supposed to help. I know how you feel about the waking to feed and angry baby. That's one reason I switched to exclusively pumping. The night sleeping is terrible though and the bottle washing and laundry do get tedious. Chin up right? Once we make it through all of this I think the memories will be a blur and we can eventually say, "it wasnt that bad"

:hugs: Imsotired I was in a similar place just a week or two ago. There's nothing wrong with formula (but I'm sure deep down you know that). Some babies are, quite frankly, little sods to nurse. My son was and I don't know how we carried on as long as we did but it often wasnt a happy time. If you do want to increase your supply though for pumping or whatever then there is an OTC med you can take called Domperidone (brand name Motillium). It's sold as an indigestion remedy but stimulates prolactin production and therefore milk production :) I had to take it for months after I almost dried up overnight due to the severe stress of my son stopping breathing twice in two days and going into hospital. You can also get it on prescription but not all docs give it because of the licensing.

Have you had your LO checked for silent reflux and cows milk allergy? It's no coincidence F went from tired/grumpy all day but fought sleep, 3-5 hours screaming every evening and restless all night to smiling active in the day, napping well, no screaming and only waking once a night! Within a week of going dairy free and getting her meds right!

Hope it improves for you soon hun. :flower:

Big :hugs: samj. I couldn't imagine how hard it is to do all this single handedly. My DP works all day but knowing he's coming home helps even if I do night feeds etc. you're amazing and your daughter is very lucky :hugs:

Hi ladies, I need advice! DD is 7 weeks and her poop is no longer seedy looking. Still exclusively breast feeding and she doesn't have any other symptoms, but her poop is very loose and smooth in consistency, fairly watery. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? Been this way for 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->