***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Happy Mother's Day to the UK ladies!! Hope you've all had a lovely day.

Is anyone elses baby not liking being led down? Whenever I lay Hayden down he starts trying to sit him self forwards, the bouncy chair is no good now as he can chuck himself forwards enough for him to be unsafe in it. He likes sitting upright and standing on his legs obviously supported by us so I have no idea what to do with him now when I cant hold him 24/7.

Camden is not content being laid down for nearly as long as she used to be. 10 minutes in the bouncy seat, 10 minutes on the play gym, she will last longer in the swing especially if she's sleepy. I'm thinking I need to invest in a good baby carrier (have to find one that's affordable yet hip friendly). When being held she wants to be either sitting up, held up on your shoulder, or standing. No more being held like a baby for her!!

Cookie, Rosa's not liking laying down in her bouncy chair anymore until she's tired, but when she wakes up she's calm... I think that she would love something like a jolly jumper (I had one when I was little); no clue if there's anything similar still, or if they're even considered to be safe these days!
When I carry her these days I have to be extra cautious as she turns so much to look around...
Happy Mom's day UK ladies!

Hi ladies, i had a pap smear done at 10 weeks post partum when i had my Mirena put in and i got a phone call last week (2 weeks after having it done) to say it came back abnormal and i need to see the gynegologist the next morning to have a colposcopy and a biopsy done. At the appoinmtent i was told it was a high grade (Cin 3) result which is not cancer but is virtually a precancer and if not treated could eventually turn cancerous. I get my biopsy results this thursday to get a more accurate result and if it is a Cin 3 i need to go in for day surgery :( Has anyone else been through this?

Yikes, that sounds scary Nellie! I'm so sorry! I haven't been through anything similar so I can't offer any advice, but wanted to wish you luck with your biopsy results. :hugs:

Hi Nellie, sorry no advice here as I haven't been through anything similar either, I hope it goes successfully. Your post prompted me to book my smear test though so thank you x

Nellie I'm so sorry :hugs: no advice here either I'm afraid, but I'm thinking of you. I hope all goes ok x

Nellie I haven't had the same thing but I know 2 other women who have and as long as they catch it early enough it'll probably be ok. As you say it is 'pre-cancerous' so hopefully they will be able to take care of it for you without too much trouble. Thinking of you and hoping things go well:hugs:

Nellie I had similar last year and had cirvical cells moved as had an abnormal high level smear result. I fell pregnant with Hayden not long after so a bit late having my check up smear but having it done next monday.

Nellie I has the exact same thing two years ago. They sent me in for a colposcopy and then a LEEP and got all the abnormal cells out and I didn't need anything further, and I've never had another abnormal pap since. :hugs: I know it's scary but it'll be ok. Like the other ladies have said they are catching it early enough you should be just fine :)

Has your doctor said anything about a LEEP procedure? I find it odd that they would jump right to day surgery if you only have a few cells that need to get taken out.

hey ladies, have been checking in and out ..but no time to write .

Nellie, no experience but wishing you good luck hope things turns ok!
Happy Mothers Day girls, i know its bit late ..i see somegirls here were treated like a princess lol.

I remember exactly a year ago Yahya was concieved ..its strange feels like it was couple month ago!
I must say, times goes fast with the baby than with the pregnancy.

Can I join you ladies? My DD Eliana was born on 12/7 :)

Oh sigh! I'm glad you came over!! Lolly our 'leader' and general fountain of knowledge! Am sure she'll be here to add and welcome you!

It's a lovely little group! Welcome to snowflakes xxxx

Hi ladies. Our little snowflake was born Dec 2nd. We'd love to join you. :)

Hi sigh and kelly! Glad to see you again! I'm sure you'll fit right in here!

So today we went to see the pediatric orthopaedist again. Cait's hip is staying in place and the harness is working! :happydance: It is 100% better but the doctor would still like to keep her in the harness full time for 6 weeks and then slowly reduce the time until about July to assure it stays in place forever. Then she will have an x-ray in July and one around her 1st birthday and as long as they look good she will be done with it all. So I'm really happy that it has improved but the downside is she will have to continue wearing the harness until she is about 7 months old!:dohh: Also the ortho told me not to use the jumperoo, exersaucer, walker, etc but that I could use a bumbo seat instead. That is unfortunate because I have 2 $110 jumperoos, but if it's what the baby needs I guess I can do without them. Also the doctor said that the baby bjorn is fine for her hips and to avoid slings or anything that hold her knees together. So overall I'm excited that there is no surgery in our near future and that things are getting better but there are still some annoying circumstances unfortunately. The doctor also said that with the harness she shouldn't be too far developmentally maybe only by a month or so for figuring out how to turn over with it on and crawling, so hopefully she can keep up!

I hope you are all well!

IST - that is so wonderful! I'm glad the harness is working! So much better than having surgery

I'm so tired I'm really pleased for you. About time you had some good news!! Xx

I'm losing a scary amount of hair. Seriously loads?? Anyone else? I don't remember loosing so much with my teens? Am a bit worried ill end up bald!

I'm so tired I'm really pleased for you. About time you had some good news!! Xx

I'm losing a scary amount of hair. Seriously loads?? Anyone else? I don't remember loosing so much with my teens? Am a bit worried ill end up bald!

I'm losing A LOT of hair too. I keep worrying about how thin it's getting but everyone tells me that it will eventually stop and it won't all fall out. I hope they are right!

I'msotired, so good to hear about the hips! Don't worry about the jumparoos - maybe you can loan them out or sell them? How long can you use them for with little ones?
I'm not losing hair - yet - except what Rosa pulls out, but I am getting punched quite a bit! Sometimes recently she really goes to town whacking me when she's bf, and kicking at the same time. I don't mind it, and it's cute, but is it because she's bored? Or uncomfortable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->