***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

That is really sad Chloe! So scary to even think about.

Ambers nose still isn't right either but mostly bad when she wakes up in the morning.
Lolly the saline drops also didn't work too well for me. I steamed up the bathroom and sat in there with her for a bit. It worked like a charm!

Today is the day - we're off to South Africa tonight! And just to help out Amber slept 7 hours last night!!

Beanonorder, bon voyage!! Looking forward to hearing how it all goes!! Brava Amber for 7 hour sleeps!

Chloe, how heartbreaking!! I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. Makes the things I'm going through with my LO seem quite trivial.

Bean, hope your travel went well!

He's just so grumpy and crying all the time, eating all the time and won't go to sleep very well :(

Feel like I'm sinking a bit. My partner didnt get home until past 9pm last night and we were in bed by then, so I haven't had 2 mins to myself since tues basically. My family are useless, my mums been over once since he's been born, sister about 4 times. They expect me to go round to them all the time which takes a lot of effort and energy which I don't have as its a drive away :S

I hope it passes soon, want my happy baby back

Safe travels Bean, hope you have a lovely trip :wave:

Ocean :hugs: I hope it's just a growth spurt/wonder week and that Oliver returns to his lovely happy little self. My family are the same - nobody came to visit us, I had to drive up north with Amber and a 6 week old Millie all by myself :wacko: I've told them I won't be doing it anymore but they are so welcome to visit me any time.

I know it's easier said than done, but if he's having long naps during the day try and squeeze some me time in then. Even if it's just a nice hot bubble bath for an hour and a quick nail painting sesh, or maybe just to catch up on sleep. It really well make the world of difference. Not going to lie - my house often resembles a bomb site and my laundry pile is huge :lol: but my sanity is more important than those things right now so they take a back seat!

Have you tried any baby or breastfeeding groups in your area? You have all of us to share and talk to but it's nice being able to speak to people in the same situation face to face sometimes too I find x

ocean huge :hugs: I know what it's like not to have that support system around. I'm sure the crying will pass, and hopefully you will get some time, maybe this weekend, to talk with your partner during daytime hours!! I'm looking forward to that too :flower:

Ugh, I feel like I'm falling apart health-wise! I feel awful... I thought it was another UTI but after finishing my antibiotics I still feel like crap. My muscles are weak, I'm exhausted all the time and just have no energy at all. On top of that I got a yeast infection (which thankfully is going away now) and my left breast is starting to feel hard and hurt so must have a blockage. I feel similar to how I felt after DD1. I had thought at the time it was just from lack of sleep but it turned out to be my thyroid being off. I just had blood taken yesterday to check if it's happened again and I'm actually hoping that turns out to be the issue. I just want to know what's going on with me! So if any of you guys feels really off, it doesn't hurt to have your thyroid levels checked. It can happen after pregnancy!

:hugs: to those who aren't feeling well or are having trouble with LOs. DH gave me his sore throat and my head is pounding...I'm just praying that Camden doesn't get it too. How do you even know if a baby has a sore throat? I guess maybe she would cry, and or her voice would sound hoarse. Let's hope I don't have to find out!

So I'm seriously annoyed with the pediatrician's office. Camden had her 2 month appt a week ago thursday and the doctor told me I would be hearing from the lady in referrals within a week regarding PT, ultrasound for hips, and cranial band evaluation. So I heard nothing and called to check on things yesterday. Surprise! She had no info on any referrals for Camden. And of course our doctor was out of the office that day, so that puts things even farther behind. I really wanted to get everything started before I go back to work on the 18th, but now there's no way it's going to happen. I was able to schedule an appt for the cranial band eval for this tuesday, so at least there's one thing I can do. But I have to wait for the PT people to call me to set something up, and the ultrasounds are usually booked out 2-3 weeks, so we just have to wait. Gah!

Thanks girls :)

Today has been much better, typical he's been good when daddy is around!

Thank you lolly for lovely post x

Expat xx

Ocean xx back to you; glad you are getting a bit of a breather!

Juless, I didn't know about thyroid issues with pregnancy...hope that you find out what is going on soon. When it rains it pours no? :hugs:

Scooby, frustrations with the office! Maybe ask your Dr. to try to expedite things with the PT people, since his office messed up?

We took Rosa into the pool for the first time yesterday. The water was a bit cool with all the rain and storms we have been having, and there were mosquitos everywhere so we just stayed a few minutes. It was cloudy but I still had her in a full sun suit, which I'm glad about since I think it probably prevented her from getting bit! We only put her in up to her waist to get her used to the water, and to make sure she didn't swallow any of it, and she seemed to be more on the side of 'not minding' it than 'liking it'. Only time will tell!

Lolly, I laughed this morning when I went to dig out my laptop from under the laundry -- remembered your post and pictured a bomb of more clothing dropping down. Heehee. Towels everywhere!

expatttc, how fun! I can't wait to take Camden swimming! We've already purchased a baby pool float for the summer (found it for cheap at a consigment sale). I sure hope she likes water!! She seems to enjoy her baths, so maybe that's a good sign.

Is anyone elses baby not liking being led down? Whenever I lay Hayden down he starts trying to sit him self forwards, the bouncy chair is no good now as he can chuck himself forwards enough for him to be unsafe in it. He likes sitting upright and standing on his legs obviously supported by us so I have no idea what to do with him now when I cant hold him 24/7.

Hey ladies sorry iv not been here for a wee while. But just wanted to wish everyone a happy first mummies days with their snowflakes :hugs::kiss:

Woo happy Mother's Day ladies!

I'm having a lovely one :) woke up to brekkie in bed, a card and some lovely loccitane smelly stuff :)

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/C0AF56AD-AD06-499B-B5DA-8FD01D28AADF-1951-000001A6C3D3B4B7_zpsd04fe245.jpg

Happy Mother's Day ladies! My Joseph was made on Mother's Day last year!!! Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2
Adorable! Happy Conception day! :D

What a lovely day, hope everyone else had a good one.

Feel so much better As Oli slept from 10pm til 6am last night, really needed that after last week. Boobs were killing me though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->