***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/una-lamarche/how-to-be-a-perfect-parent_b_2888253.html

I needed to read this. Lol

Thanks everyone!! Kelly I haven't heard of the 4 month regression??

I've gotta laugh though as can you believe he did 5.5 hours last night!!! Then every 2 hours! I'm gonna post here every day that he won't sleep if that's the outcome!! I shamed him into sleeping by going public!!!!

:haha: that happened to me too tooth!! Glad you got some rest.

Mummies with 2 or more kids, did you have a jumperoo? Would you recommend?

My friend is selling one for 40quid so was thinking about it x

I can't find the article I read on it before that explained the four month sleep regression really well but this one kind of does a decent job: https://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-sleep/4-month-old-sleep-regression/

Ocean, GET IT!! We had one for Amber who loved it so much and Millie has it now and she's just starting to really take an interest in it. They are great for when you need free hands for 5-10 mins :haha: £40 is a bargain too.

It's exactly 1 year today since I got my BFP. How time flies! x

Thanks hun, does it take up loads of room though? It does look v fun! Happy conception day! Lol mine was my oh's birthday *blush*

Oliver's been much less clingy the last fortnight, will sit in his chair for ages touching toys and gurgling, it's been lovely! He seems much happier in himself :)

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

I have a lot to go back and catch up on, haven't been around much as I've been so tired and feeling pretty awful. Luckily Tess is sleeping through the night, sometimes 8-8! Feeling very lucky about that and hope it continues! :D Sounds like everyone is doing well!

ok, we have her in the crib swaddled with one arm out. Taking bets on how long it will be before she smacks herself in the face lol. :dohh:

Gaaaah, I'm so exhausted!! And sad!! Worked 8-5 today, then ran home to get LO's stuff together because we had to drop her off at my parents house for her to spend the night because DH and I both have to work early tomorrow morning and my parents live too far for us to make the drive before work. My first night without my baby :( :( I'm so so sad. Since I've started back to work I feel like I never get to see her anymore. I just feel like crying. Ugh, I hate that we need money/jobs to live normal lives. I hope she sleeps well for my mom. Bah, I just feel like a crappy mommy right now having to send her away for the night. :cry:

ok, we have her in the crib swaddled with one arm out. Taking bets on how long it will be before she smacks herself in the face lol. :dohh:

Lol, we did that with Carter too. Hope it works for you. I didn't have any luck with it. I just had to wait for him to outgrow the need for swaddling and he still needs it every now and then. Mostly he likes to have his arms out to chew on his hands so I figured it would give him a chance to learn to self settle. That's why the one arm out thing can be good because they can suck on one hand but still feel bundled up and cozy. Good luck! :)

Aww scooby :hugs: you're not a bad mama! Think of it this way, if you didn't work how would you feed, shelter, bathe, and protect your baby? And you'll cherish the time you do have with her even more. Plus she'll love grandparent spoiling time :)

I can't say I share your feelings though... I was stoked to go back to work and feel like a normal 24 year old for 9 hours a day :blush: don't get me wrong, I love LO with all my heart but damn, I'm a single mom and I love those breaks even if I'm at work! Plus it resets my batteries so I'm ready to be a great mom to her when I get home.

Iz is still doing well. No fever, and lots of smiles for me today. I can't wait to get her drain taken out. Here is a pic of the drain I'm talking about. It's held in by only that bandaid! Scary. And it's attached to a 'normal' catheter bag that we have to drag around everywhere because its huge!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 4

Lol, we did that with Carter too. Hope it works for you. I didn't have any luck with it. I just had to wait for him to outgrow the need for swaddling and he still needs it every now and then. Mostly he likes to have his arms out to chew on his hands so I figured it would give him a chance to learn to self settle. That's why the one arm out thing can be good because they can suck on one hand but still feel bundled up and cozy. Good luck! :)

put in crib at 940, woke at 1045, back in crib at 1110, woke at 1200 screaming. Dh couldn't console her so I fed her but she fell asleep in 5 mins so put her back in the crib and she started screaming immediately. Dh is shush rocking her to sleep right now with both arms unswaddled (we don't swaddled her during the day and have only been swaddling her for a few weeks so we figured why not try it). This is... fun. That's what I get for telling someone my baby sleeps through the night. Lol

Ocean, they aren't the smallest of contraptions I admit (my friend who is really anal about her house and everything going together said her son's is just an eyesore :haha:) but they aren't that bad. We had Amber's when we lived in a flat with not a lot of room and it was fine, we just cleared a corner for it :thumbup:

Scooby, big hugs hun :hugs: no idea what to suggest, I guess cutting your hours is not an option? I'm sure it'll get easier though, things are still a little early and I bet as time goes on you'll hurt less. And Camden will really respect and appreciate everything you do for her most importantly :) my mum worked full time and brought me & my 3 sisters up singlehandedly and I think she's pretty damn amazing!

Samj, poor Iz :( that looks sore. How long is that in for?

How crazy is this - my friend just recently got her BFP and her EDD is 3rd Dec (same as mine originally!). There's talks of them starting a Dec Snowflake 2013 group :) our babies are officially "oldies" :rofl:

samj - Glad she's doing well! That does look scary, poor Iz! How long is it in for?

Scooby - Work sucks!! I'm lucky enough to work at home but do travel on occasions... My boss wants me to go to a 3 day conference and Ellie won't take a bottle so I told him I can't go but people don't seem to understand. Feeling like crappy mommy shows that you're a great one because you care so much :)

So last night sucked. really sucked. She went hysterical twice and I had to feed her both times to calm her down and then at 4:00 we ended up swaddling her again and of course she slept until 7:00. I guess we should continue swaddling? She's been breaking out every night and the halo sleepsack swaddle instructions said to stop once she breaks out...ugh. It's DH's bday so he spent the first few mins of his bday trying to calm a screaming baby. fun!

Scooby :hugs: The girls are right. If you were a crappy Mummy, you wouldn't care x

Sam - glad you two are ok. I'm sure the drain is bothering you more than Iz.

Tooth - sounds like it was the 3/12 growth spurt then? Ava has had a week of frantic feeding and increased feeds at night (last night we were back to 2 hourly feeds.... Aargh!).

Has anyone made a keepsake box for their LO? If so, what have you put in it?

Hey honeybee! Was wondering where you were! Hope alls well xxx

We only had the one night of 5.5 hour and now waking every couple hours again. Then taking ages to settle. He wants to his hands through the cot bars all night!!! Bless him!!

Hope it's a growth spurt although I did research the 4 month sleep regression and does sound like this. Can't find much about what you do about it though??

Joseph is 14 wks today.... And I am sure his 3-6 month clothes are getting small? His sleepsuit are starting to touch his toes again. Anyone else's???

Oh my, everyone's babies are getting so big. I feel like I have a peanut here! She has just begun wearing her 3-6 clothing and she has room! She seems to be doing pretty well though, I can't complain.

As for the swaddling unfortunately we had to stop that at 6 weeks when the harness went on and she didn't seem to care at all. She slept the same either way. The swaddling would just help settle her but now a quick breastfeed or mama holding her tight will usually settle her fine.

I see no teeth yet and I'm not sure I will for at least a few months. I see the little lines on Cait's gums but and she chews and drools but all 3 month old babies chew and drool so I'm not convinced it's teeth until the gums swell.

Samj I hope Iz is feeling better. Surely she will heal quickly. I hope you are feeling a bit better about it all.The smiles will help:flower:

Scooby you are NOT a bad mama! I know I would feel awful leaving Cait as well and that's how you are supposed to feel! In a few days/weeks you will get back into the whole work routine and be more comfortable with everything. Dh saw me reading your post and he thinks Camden is a cutey because all of her hair reminds him of Cait, lol.

I hope you are all well.

Thanks everyone, you ladies are wonderful :) Camden did great for my parents, so I feel a little better about things. The only complaint they had was that she slept too much so they didn't get as much playtime in as they'd hoped, haha.

Sorry to those who are having sleep troubles! Pride cometh before a fall, so I should probably stop telling people what a great sleeper Camden is.

IST - Camden is still in her 0-3 clothes. I just started putting her 3-6 sleepers on her (she grows out of sleepers sooner than the rest of her clothes for some reason), and I'm starting to notice her 0-3 pants are getting a little small, so 3-6 of everything else will be coming up soon. Also, the picture in your avatar of Cait has always reminded me of Camden, I think it's the hair too :)

Samj - I can understand when people say they enjoy going to work, especially a single mom! I get breaks when DH is around (although he's not as attentive as I'd like, haha), I don't know how you do everything on your own! Glad Iz is doing well after surgery, the drain is kinda scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->