***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Good luck breaking baby of swaddle! Sounds like you did all of the things I did...no swaddle for naps, one arm out. Gabby broke out of her swaddle a couple times so I went three days of one arm out and then continue to swaddle with both arms out. She has slept exactly the same swaddled as unswaddled, so I guess I was lucky. I'm sure my luck will end soon and my 8-6 sleeper will become a terror one day :)

Sorry going back to work was so hard, scooby. I'm with bean and rather enjoyed getting my sanity back and it really does help me appreciate my time with gabby more, especially on weekends.

here are a few pics from Cait's 3 month

Attachments

• 03-23-2013 05;03;04PM2.jpg
    03-23-2013 05;03;04PM2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 03-23-2013 04;38;22PM.jpg
    03-23-2013 04;38;22PM.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 03-23-2013 05;03;04PM3.jpg
    03-23-2013 05;03;04PM3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
Oh wow I'mso! She is seriously beautiful!!! She looks very dainty!! Just gorgeous!! Xxx

Like angel just moved to her 0-3 month clothes n can still wear the newborn outfits. Angel also out grows her sleepers first.ist she is gorgeous love her hair

Are the jumperoos as good as everyone says ladies? Thinking of trying to find one on eBay! Think my boy has 2 huge springs where his legs should be! Every time I hold him he just wants to bounce on me!!

Keepsake box - yup we have one but it contains only things from the hospital and a few of her first few outfits...nothing since.

2013 snowflakes - wow, that puts things in perspective!

Sleep - we're now officially waking up every 2-3 hours at night to feed. Again. PLEASE tell me this will change soon...

Sizing, we're into 3-6 month clothing now for sure, mainly because of her length, and she is also already toes at the end of her halo sleepsack....might be time to move to a gro bag.

Rosa is 3 months today! Yaaaay!

Carter has been sleeping so awful lately. Up every two hours at night, impossible to put down, takes forever to settle and wakes crying plus naps are like twenty minutes after an hour of rocking to sleep. I'm dying here! It feels just like the good ol' days when he was a newborn. He's almost four months so I'm pretty sure we are going through this sleep regression thing. I've read it happens when babies are working on a major milestone and he's trying to roll over back to front lately but doesn't have it down yet. I hear it passes when they accomplish the milestone so I'm encouraging him to strengthen his muscles and practice the rolling in hopes he gets the hang of it soon and starts sleeping better again. Until teething at least......

IST - Cait is soooooo pretty! Great photos :) I haven't had any professional pictures of Camden done yet, I guess I should think about some 3 month ones.

imsotired - shes sooooo beautiful! lovely hair... I'm jealous! Ellie is on the bald side and I think im going to have to tape a bow on her head because if 1 more person tells me how cute my "son" is im going to punch them lol

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else started reading to LO yet? I've been reading a book before bedtime each night for the last few weeks and Camden loves them. Even if she's fussy she will calm down when I start reading, and she looks at the pictures each time I turn a page.

The drain comes out next Tuesday. Can't wait. And I think you ladies are right, it definitely bothers me more then her.

Iz has been sleeping horrible lately too. She's usually up every two hours. I stopped swaddling and took away the plug today, so it's not going so well. I just want her to learn how to fall asleep and stay asleep on her own. She does usually take a good nap in the morning and one in late afternoon tho they are both in her swing.

Hi Ladies, looks like lots has happened since i was on here last. Got my Biopsy results back and it wasnt as bad as first thought so i didnt need surgery just a folow up pap smear in 6 months :)

Just read some pages to try and catch up and noticed some of you are trying to wean your babies out of swaddling, I swaddled my second baby (first one hated it after being in a nicu for 10days unswaddled then never took too it after that) until she was always breaking free from the wrap but then she would wake up and i would have to re-swaddle her. For my little man this time i found a great product made by Love to Dream called Swaddle me up and they come in different sizes (according to babies weight) and are like a little sleep sack but it has the babies arms up beside there head allowing them access to there hands to self soothe plus has many other features aswell, my little guy loves it! Heres the link to there website
https://www.lovetodream.com.au/babySwaddle_original.htm
Oh and they do a 50/50 swaddle where you can take one 'wing' off ata time to allow one arm to be free and then you take the other 'wing off and both arms are free and you can use the swaddle as a sleeping bag :) https://www.lovetodream.com.au/babySwaddle_50-50-wrap.htm

I go back to work in 2 weeks for just 1 day a week, so far Tully is ebf but i have tried giving him bottles but he will only drink maybe 50mls at the most then he just plays with it, i'm really worried that he wont drink enough while he is daycare, does anyone have any advice on making sure he will drink enough from a bottle to keep him satisfied for the day at daycare?

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else started reading to LO yet? I've been reading a book before bedtime each night for the last few weeks and Camden loves them. Even if she's fussy she will calm down when I start reading, and she looks at the pictures each time I turn a page.

Yep carter is definitely interested in books. Btw pics are adorable. Shes a doll!

Nellie - those swaddlers are really interesting! Wonder if they sell anything like that in the US? As far as bottle feeding, I would say try feeding LO one bottle a day until he starts daycare, hopefully that will give him enough access to them to get him used to them. We fed Camden one bottle a day since she was 2 weeks old, our lactation consultant recommended it as she knew I was going back to work eventually and said that was the easiest way to get them to accept bottles. Also I would say make sure LO is really hungry when you offer the bottle so he will be more likely to want to take the whole thing. Camden had been taking 3oz bottles up until friday when we tried 4oz at daycare and she finished them.

Rosa loves her books! She listens as we read them and stares at the images as well...

We're swaddling her with one arm out for a few nights to see how it goes and we aren't getting much sleep... she's up every 1.5-3.5 hrs. I actually don't think it's related to the swaddling... her drooling and hand chewing is getting worse so I think her teeth may be coming up. I was rocking her to sleep for a nap just now and she was crying and rubbing her fist against her bottom gums. poor baby :(

Scooby I have been reading Cait books recently also. She seems to love all of the colorful pictures and is usually quite content with my reading them aloud to her as long as she isn't hungry or cranky.

Cait slept 9 and 1/2 hrs last night! It would have been even more wonderful if I had also slept 9 hrs but of course I was up at Cait's every wiggle in the pack n play next to the bed. She sometimes is restless in her sleep but doesn't wake up and I wake up to check her. I'm thinking I really need a good nights sleep though as I'm having headaches and body aches and I'm just feeling pretty run down. Hopefully it's not the beginning of a cold or anything, because I don't want Cait to get it.

Well wishes to those of you returning to work! I know it must be difficult especially those of you who are ebf. Good luck!

Also I hope those of you attempting to stop swaddling and those who have teething babies are doing well.

Hope you are all well

Cute pics, IST! Love her hair!

I read to gabby sometimes, but not regularly, as she doesnt like to sit still for it.

Has anyone notied the 4 month sleep regression starting? I think gabby may be starting. She wok u at 1030, 230 and 430 last night, which is very unusual for her, and she has started reaching for things and when she is on her back, she arches it a lot like she is trying to roll over but has not had any success yet. I'm wondering if this is the start of that, and if so how bad its going to get? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for the advice Scooby i think thats where im going wrong i think when ive been offering the bottle he isn't really hungry so i'll give that a go :)

Tulloch also had his physio appointment yesterday for his plagiocephaly and she said his head is looking like its improving with just repositioning so it's very unlikely he will need to go into a helmet, she just explained that from now it's more a time thing to see a big improvement and now hes getting a bit bigger he can start sitting up (assisted) to get pressure of his head, LOTS of tummy time and while he is on his tummy start encouraging him to turn his head in both directions to improve his neck strength and start teaching him to roll from his back to his belly plus continue his neck stretches.

Cute pics, IST! Love her hair!

I read to gabby sometimes, but not regularly, as she doesnt like to sit still for it.

Has anyone notied the 4 month sleep regression starting? I think gabby may be starting. She wok u at 1030, 230 and 430 last night, which is very unusual for her, and she has started reaching for things and when she is on her back, she arches it a lot like she is trying to roll over but has not had any success yet. I'm wondering if this is the start of that, and if so how bad its going to get? Anyone have any experience with this?

Yep, this is Carter to a T! Trying to roll over back to front and starting to sleep awfully. Hope it passes soon for us both. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->