***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Hi girls,
Hope y'all can remember me! Its been a while , i have been really busy with everything here , changing the house and sorting/organizing but the house still looks a mess.

Yahya will be 16 weeks this Friday and gosh its been that long! I miss him being a newborn.
I went to the baby clinic today and he is 13lbs which is not really alot!

@DTD: Gosh, i cant believe you guys have that time?> By the time the 2 boys are in bed im in bed as well 9 oclock sharp!
I know poor husband is still waiting but since finding out how it looks down there ( stitch) Iam seriously traumatized and scared!

is/was anyone here cut down under? Is it painful?

I've dtd a few times, not really enjoying it as much as I used to. It definitely hurt the first couple times and can still be a bit uncomfortable every now and then. I had a second degree tear and I also ripped my stitches about two weeks pp. Dh says everything down there still looks beautiful and all. :blush: I was so worried I'd be all saggy! lol

Tooth - what a gorgeous boy!

Sigh - so sorry you're having a hard time at night. Is she very hungry at night ? It's probably a growth spurt, keep feeding x

Dtd - too tired at the moment but have done it a few times and its ok. Not sore anymore and I had a second degree tear too. Apparently sex is good to heal the scar as it rubs the scar and prevents scar tissue building up. Start off very gently with lots of lube, you'll be fine hun

lol tooth...

Now we are having sleep issues as well. Cait woke up 3 times last night and then woke up early. I'm wondering if she isn't getting hungry sooner and needing more to eat or whether something else is going on. I just hope she doesn't continue to torture me with no sleep because I really need it.

Hope everyone is well.

Sounds like we are all getting a little taste of good sleep and then having it ripped away from us unexpectedly. Carter is not as predictable as he was for a few weeks last month. Now he wakes up sometimes only once and sometimes three times. I hate not knowing if I'm going to be up in a couple hours after going to bed or if I'm actually going to be allowed some good sleep. Seems like just when babies start sstn then the regression or a growth spurt happens, then it's good for awhile and then teething happens. Never ends! :)

LO has become fussier and fussier lately. I've already warned OH about the sleep regression and apologized in advance if I'm a b*tch to him in the upcoming weeks as I know how I am sleep deprived (not a very nice person). Every night I'm expecting it to be the night she starts waking up every few hours. My mum says she never went through any of that with either of us and I'm hoping it's genetic and not just some form of Mumnesia.

Thanks everyone for the answers about dtd. I'm feeling a lot less "damaged" so to speak :)

Samia22 - I was cut down there too. I don't know how many stitches I got, I know it was almost two hours before I got to hold and breastfeed my daughter though. It still hurts if I press on my perineum, so I'm sure certain positions might take some more time to enjoy again, but otherwise its nothing too bad. (Ps I made the mistake of taking a handheld mirror and looking down there while I was still healing... definitely scarring!)

Tooth - I agree, tummy time pictures are the best! They always look so surprised at themselves. It's adorbs <3

Ocean - Why is MIL asking about breastfeeding? Does she think you should stop doing it or something?

Scooby - Has your LO been fitted with her helmet yet? I have a couple questions if that's okay. I was just curious if you've noticed any discomfort or if it interferes with her sleeping at all? How long do they say she needs to wear it for? I'm going to ask for a referral at my next docs appt because it just seems to be getting worse rather than better :/

@Cococabin : about looking with the mirror down there < Thats what i did exactly big mistake . It scared the heck out of me!
Iam just not up for it having sex ! Im really scared , never knew i would say such thing.
the midwife etc they had to cut me and gosh i do not want to experienced it no more.

Toothfairy - Joseph is so handsome!! I love the look of tummytime wonder :)

Chloe - She was falling back asleep before but this time she opens her eyes and screams... it scares me a little!

I hope this sleep issue is temporary.. she just got through a growth spurt I think so it's probably not that. I thought she might be cold so we dressed her warmer last night but she still woke up 6 times :( I called the doctor yesterday and she told me it could be related to teething. She also told me to stop swaddling her, since she's waking anyway so we put her down in just a sleep sack last night. She cries and if DH or I can't calm her, I feed her but she only drinks for 5-10 mins before she's asleep and the rest of the time is spent putting her in the crib and praying she doesn't wake up (which she does a lot).
Her cries were different this time... I hope she isn't getting sick! She also has mild eczema on her face so she wakes herself rubbing her hands on her face sometimes. I placed her leaning on a pillow a few days ago and she figured out how to sit up so she's been trying to do it ALOT and she also discovered that she can eat her feet this week so it could be the 4 month regression thing. Ugh I wish I knew what it was so I could just help her! I get really frustrated at her and have snapped a few times, then end up giving her to DH and crying myself to sleep because I feel horrible for losing my temper... she's just a helpless baby :( I can't nap because I work full-time during the day and she's a cat napper. Not sure whatelse to do... feel like I'm losing my mind over here. :cry:

Tooth what a gorgeous photo & little boy Joseph is! Millie hates tummy time too... I don't even get chance to take a photo as the moment she's put on her mat she will scream
:rofl: I seriously worry if she'll ever learn to crawl because she just isn't getting any tummy time unless its on me!

Millie had a high temp yesterday, I assume they were from her jabs as she seems better today and doesn't have any symptoms of a cold. DD1 is bogged down with a viral infection, we are on day 6 now and she's showing no sign of improvement :( poor little thing.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend & Easter :flower:

Scooby - Has your LO been fitted with her helmet yet? I have a couple questions if that's okay. I was just curious if you've noticed any discomfort or if it interferes with her sleeping at all? How long do they say she needs to wear it for? I'm going to ask for a referral at my next docs appt because it just seems to be getting worse rather than better :/

We haven't had our fitting appointment yet, unfortunately insurance is slowing the process down big time. I've decided she will be in the helmet by the end of April regardless of what the insurance company says. I was told that if we started it at 3 months she would only need it 6-8 weeks, if we start at 4 months it'll be 7-9 weeks. Treatment time varies though depending on how much correction is needed. From what I've read most babies are bothered by it for the first 24-48 hours and then they don't even notice it. I'll let you know how things go when we do finally get it though.

Hi ladies, my lo is all over the shot with sleeping aswell, 2 nights ago he woke every 4hrs and he hasnt done that since he was 6 weeks old then the following night he slept for 8hrs then another 3hrs so who knows what tonight will bring.

I'm still having bottle issues i was using Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles but went to the chemist today to buy some Pigeon brand bottles to see how that goes. He will drink maybe 40-50mls at the most of ebm but wont have a bar of formula, soon as he tastes it he spits it out and smiles at me :rofl: i'm really worried i wont have enough ebm to get him through the day at daycare. For the mums who express and have to leave their babys for work etc how much are your lo's drinking each feed and how often are they feeding? I'm really worried i wont have enough stored and he wont touch formula if he needs topping up.

Camden takes 4oz bottles of expressed milk every 3-3.5 hours at daycare. I always send one extra bottle just in case she has a hungry day, but it always comes home with me.

Omg I'm joining sigh now. Last night was AWFUL! Up every hour :( I definitely think its a growth spurt as he was eating all night! Woke up completely at 5am. My eyes are being held up by matchsticks right now. Dp got yelled at as we both fell asleep at 7am and he came in to kiss us both and woke us up so he got bollocked :haha:

She slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 hrs and 45 mins straight... NO SWADDLE. I'm so excited... I went to bed early too so this is the first time I've gotten this much uninterrupted sleep since the start of my 3rd trimester!! I know it probably won't last so I'm trying not to get too excited but atleast I'm somewhat recharged. Hang in there ladies!!

Congrats sigh!!! And no swaddle?! Lucky lady, I don't know when we're going to break it. Maybe start trying next week. We had vac yesterday so want a few days of normalcy first

KellyM - I don't want to jinx it but thought I'd tell you incase your LO still isn't taking a bottle. I'm having some success with the Gerber Nuk nipples (https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12067068). Every other day this week, I'd pump the breast she drank from after feeding and offer it to her before/during/after the next feeding using the nuk on the bottles I have here. It was only .25-.5 ounces but I got sick of wasting milk after she'd take a sip and then refuse it. We tried this 2-3 times a day every other day and kept her distracted with the tv or one of her toys with blinking lights. By the end of the 2nd day she sucked for a little bit. She slept through the night last night so I had to pump one side since I was engorged. I offered her 1 ounce from what I pumped and she took it! We put her in her bouncer and offered it and she even held the bottle for 20 seconds. She took it out of her mouth and played with her toy so I switched the nipple back to her silicone ones she used to use and gave her the bottle again and she took it after 15 seconds or so. We're going to try again tonight (Maybe 3 oz!) and see how she does. It's a HUGE small step :) Hope you're having some success!

Ladies - I need to start building a stockpile for the freezer... I only have maybe 4 ounces in there! I don't know how to do this, since she's EBF and drinks every 2 hours. I'm afraid if I pump inbetween, there will be nothing left for her and she'll be angry/hungry. How did you ladies start building up your freezer milk?

Ladies - I need to start building a stockpile for the freezer... I only have maybe 4 ounces in there! I don't know how to do this, since she's EBF and drinks every 2 hours. I'm afraid if I pump inbetween, there will be nothing left for her and she'll be angry/hungry. How did you ladies start building up your freezer milk?

When I first started pumping I would pump after each of the first two morning feedings since that's when supply is at its highest. But you can pump after as many feedings as you like. Also, if LO is only feeding off one side, you can pump the other side. Also since Camden has been sleeping 8-9 hours straight at night I wake up engorged, so I pump some off before I feed her. If I don't then she always ends up spitting up huge amounts, I guess because of all the foremilk. I hate how much time pumping takes, but it makes me feel better to know I have a great freezer stash in case anything were to happen. It's worth it in the longrun.

Yay sigh! Glad u got a good night's sleep! I started my stockpile by pumping in the morning from the boob gabby doesn't drink from right after she ate and fell back asleep for a few hrs. Now I have more milk than I know what to do with.

Gabby drinks 4 oz bottles of bm every 2 hrs at daycare, so 16 oz total. Not sure what that is in mL...

Well good thing I got sleep last night. Ellie's voice has been a little weird the last few days and now we know why. She has a cold :cry:. She's already woken twice and its only been 45 minutes since we put her down. I really want to bring her to our bed but DH moves around in his sleep and snores so it wouldn't be very restful for her. I hope she gets over it soon! DH's family was over last weekend so I'm guessing she got the bug from one of the kids. What's pissing me off more is that we called her Dr this morning and have yet to receive a call back. :growlmad:

Hope you and your little bubs are doing well!

I did the same as Chloe and now my supply has adjusted to expect the morning pumpings. I'll get between 8-10 ounces (I pump from both breasts to get what he didn't eat in the morning). My freezer is packed.. I'm running out of room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->