***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Hi all. Angel's appt went okay. We seen doctor I don't like and will not be seeing her again.I don't think angel likes her either lol. She cried the whole time she was checking her over. And when she was done I picked her up and she vomited all over my shoulder and all over the ground with a big splat. As for the shots I hate them. Angel screamed as soon as they did the first one. And her face was so red and she holds her breathe. Her legs were and still are very red around were she got the shots. She is now 11lbs 15ozs which is the 10 percentile. So she went up in the percentiles from 5%-10% last time. She is 23 1/2". They told me to started introducing rice cereal. So I decided to try it I pumped 1oz and mixed it with the cereal. And she ate it all. ( this was at dinner time). With her shot she. Went to sleep at like 11:30 or 12. Andshe slept thru the night for the first time. I was so proud of her. But my right boob wasn't lol.

bbygurl - Sorry Angel had a hard time at the doctors. Yayyy for sleeping through the night!!

Has anyone woken their baby during the night to try to change their morning wake up time? Ellie keeps waking up at 4-5 and won't go to sleep afterwards unless she's held. I'm wondering if waking her around 3 and feeding her will change this. Dream feed earlier doesnt work... she sometimes wakes from 11-12 on her own for a feed anyways and still wakes at 4

Sigh - no I've never woken Oliver, ever!

Quick question re pumping - if I pumped 50mls today and want to pump some more in the morning, can I add it to that 50mls? Can you mix then basically?

i dont know if u can for sure but i dont see why not i have a couple times and it seems fine

Ocean, I mix milk all the time, as long as i know I will use it up or freeze it before the milk in the mix that was pumped the earliest will go bad. Not sure if this is OK or not, but I have not had any issues with it, and neither has Gabby.

bbygurl, sorry u had a bad experience at the Dr!

Sigh - i do not wake Gabby up. I often wonder if our weekend arrangement will screw with her sleep since we do daycare during the week, and on the weekends we let her sleep til whenever, but so far it hasn't affected bedtime or sleep at all, sorry I can't help!

Honey - yep, poos are ever evolving over here! gabby has one big one about once a week now. Her record is 9 days without a poo!

Well, we went to the Neurologist and I'm happy to report that Gabby has a perfectly moldable head and the Dr was not concerned with any premature skull fusing. She said if that was happening I would notice lots of vomiting, favoring one side of the body, baby not being able to look up, extreme fussiness. She did say she appeared to be developing a slight flattening of one side of her head, but did not think it necessary to wear a helmet, just to try to get her to look to her left more often. I'm to follow up in 2 months if I have any concerns, otherwise I can just enjoy my happy healthy baby! Yay!!

Ocean - "Milk from different pumping sessions/days may be combined in one container – use the date of the first milk expressed. Avoid adding warm milk to a container of previously refrigerated or frozen milk – cool the new milk before combining."

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/

Chloe, so happy that everything is ok with Gabby!! What a relief!

Sigh, I tried waking Camden up to feed her right before I go to bed (around midnight), more to avoid having to pump than to change her wake up time, but it resulted in her waking up earlier than she normally would. Usually she would sleep from 10pm to 6 or 7am straight. 3 days in a row I woke her up to feed her at midnight, and all 3 nights she woke up at 4am wanting to eat. Needless to say I quit doing that!!

We had our second PT appointment today and her therapist is extremely happy with Camden's progress. She said she appears to now have equal strength in both sides of her neck, and is turning to the right much more willingly now. We'll go back in a month for our next appointment.

We got our Doc Band today! She isn't upset by wearing it at all. She was smiling away as the tech was putting it on her for the first time. It does make her head sweat like crazy, but they said her body will adjust after a few days and won't be so bad. We went shopping at a few places afterwards and nobody stared or looked at her funny, which is something that I was concerned about. When we got home I put a little velcro bow kit on it (has interchangable bows), and after our visit next week we can paint and decorate it fully.

In other news, Camden rolled from back to belly last night! She did it several times, so it wasn't an accident. So proud of my little growing girl!

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/null_zps797d5d37.jpg

She is precious, Scooby! Little chubster :). She will thank you one day for caring enough to get her that helmet to fix her cute little head. Can't wait to see it painted!

Ah what a sweetie!

Oli self settled in his cot last night! Amazing! He grumbled for a bit then it went silent :) bet it was a one off but still awesome. Trying to get him to sleep in there during the day now as he naps on me all the time and if I put him down he springs awake most times

Scooby - glad all went well. I love Camden's chubby cheeks. She's one happy baby! Great news on the rolling too!

Ocean - yay for sleep progress! x

We're on a road trip today to Manchester to catch up with my work friends. We've got beautiful blue skies and Ava has been asleep nearly 2 hours. Happy days!

Ocean, we were advised having Millie weighed weekly up until her 8 week check and then monthly up to 6 months, then every 2-3 months after that.

Scooby, Camden looks so cute and sooo happy and smiley! I'm loving the bow on her helmet too :cloud9: and great news on the rolling!

Bbygurl, poor Angel :( I hope she's ok after her jabs :hugs:

Sigh, I haven't ever dreamfed and don't plan on doing so. I know a few people its worked out for but knowing my luck I'd end up waking Millie completely and then having a hellish night! I think I'd feel as if I was "force" feeding her too and don't quite like that idea :shrug:

Sorry if I've missed any one, just catching up quickly on my phone. I took Millie to be weighed yesterday and she was 17lbs 5oz, not as big as my 18lb guess but she's still following her chart fantastically and is around 91st percentile. The HV asked if I was weaning her yet and I said no, and no plans to do so just yet. She suggested using baby rice when we are ready but I told her we'll be BLW so I doubt I'll ever buy any baby rice. She didn't know what to say after that :lol:

Why eat baby rice when you could eat carrot, apples, butternut squash etc etc?? I think ill start off with some homemade purees with a mix of blw finger food, then onto just finger food x

My nanny is so funny, she keeps saying to give him some custard to fatten him up! :D

Haha bless her! My OH's nan suggested giving Amber an actual bone to chew on whilst teething :wacko: as in an actual dead animal's leg, like what you'd give a dog! Nutter :rofl:

We will do the same Ocean, I did the same with Amber and it worked out well. She had more finger foods than purées though as I was just too lazy to purée stuff :lol: the laziness hasn't changed so we'll see how I do this time!

Ill prob start off enthusiastically but do the same haha! I've been reading not to stress about food as its just play to start with, milk is number one nutrition before 1 so 'food before one is just for fun'!

I don't know how you do it all with a toddler too hun, amazing!

Going out tonight with dp, my sister is babysitting and I've expressed 150ml which is definitely enough to keep him going! It's going to be weird but I think we def need to have a date as we've really drifted apart x

Scooby, Cam is adorable! The helmet doesn't look too uncomfortable at all! I'm also happy that no one stared when you went out. I was always worried about the same thing with Cait's harness but luckily we were able to cover it up enough to not really be noticeable in her carseat. Everyone who ever held her though was afraid they would hurt her and I've had to field a thousand questions about what it was and why she had to wear it. You will get through it and she will be out of it quickly. Besides she is so so cute with or without it! It's great about her rolling and her neck also.

Cait is beginning to get herself on a schedule which will be fantastic because I will be able to change it slowly. I think it is because I have been trying to feed her cereal and veggies at the same time each day so therefore she takes her naps around the same time, for the same length of time and going to bed a bit earlier.Instead of her just fussing for a bottle all over the place she is showing a pattern and I love it! I've even gotten on the treadmill a few minutes the past 2 days and my pressure was down this morning. Maybe I will be normal again some day! lol

Hope you're all well!

Well, I totally screwed up whatever semblance of a routine we were starting to have by going out with Carter every day this week. I had errands to run every single day and we have been out of the house a lot so his napping has gone back to crap. I'm so frustrated! It was just starting to get good. And the guy still wakes up every 2-3 hours at night. It's killing me! I just cry and cry because I'm so damn tired and sick of it. :(

Well, I totally screwed up whatever semblance of a routine we were starting to have by going out with Carter every day this week. I had errands to run every single day and we have been out of the house a lot so his napping has gone back to crap. I'm so frustrated! It was just starting to get good. And the guy still wakes up every 2-3 hours at night. It's killing me! I just cry and cry because I'm so damn tired and sick of it. :(

:hugs: I'm sure everyone of us has had the same feeling at least once since having our snowflakes. Although Cait doesn't have a SET schedule and is only beginning to show signs of one, I know that on days we are out running errands it disrupts her terribly. I know how you are feeling and just want to send you hugs because some days I feel exactly the same. :hugs: Everyone tells me that it will get better. I know it will but I do not know when. Hopefully soon both for you and I!:thumbup:

Happy 4 months to Amber and Camden! And happy 5 months to Millie! Where has the time gone?!

I sadly had to work today and again tomorrow. But at least I'm off Monday to Wednesday! Dh is doing a bit of contract work on Monday & Tuesday so yay for some baby bonding time!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->