***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Honey bee.... I breastfeed as you know and still do 3 to 4 hourly feeds on average. I've mo plans at all to move him into his own room until he's feeding much less. It's bad enough being awake with Joseph whilst hubby sleeps through but I think I'd feel more resentful if I was having to go to another room too! At least now I sit on my bed and try stay fairly sleepy. I think I'd struggle to get back to sleep too!

Hope all the poorly mummy's get better soon and the babies stay well xxxx

KellyM - Awesome!! He is sooo cuteeeee!!

Chloe - Hope you feel better soon!

Honey - Ellie was eating every 2-3 hours at 11 weeks old and we decided to try moving her to her own room. The night we moved her, she slept 9 hours straight. She would only get up maybe once for the next 1.5-2 months... that was before everything went kaboom here. You could always try it out for a night to see how you feel. I bought a video monitor and it made me feel so much better about the move. I can zoom in on her and if I crank the volume up all the way I can actually hear her breathe.

Gah! Carter is a genius, and so handsome!

IST, yay for nights only in the harness. You're almost done!

Camden is EBF and has been in her own room since I think 7 weeks old? She started sleeping through the night as soon as we moved her. I have a monitor so I hear her if she wakes, but I think she just sleeps better because there's nothing in there to disturb her. I didn't want to move her at first, but so glad I did!

Looks like I'm the only one not in a rush to move him!! Well.... This is partly due to the fact he hasn't got a bedroom yet! Waiting until my step daughter goes to university in September to steal her room for him!!

I'm looking for ideas and inspiration for his room at the mo. anyone happy to share their baby's room photo??

Lewis is still in with us, was planning to move him at 6 months, but as he such a bad sleeper I'm not wanting to.....he will be in his own room by August when I go back to work though

Here are some pics I took of her room before she was born... It's pretty much the same right now. Look on pinterest or the potterybarnkids.com site... they have some nice inspiration!

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3700.jpg
    IMG_3700.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
Sigh her room is beautiful! No wonder she doesn't want to go to sleep! It's too pretty!

Tooth I'm not in a rush either! I've been thinking about moving Amber now. I always planned to keep her in our room til 6 months and I realised I've been thinking about moving her because I'm feeling pressured. So I'm just ignoring everyone and everything else & I'll move her when I'm good and ready!

Sorry to those who are sick! I had a cold & a sinus infection two weeks ago and it's hard to muster the energy for anything! But we're the mom so we just power through!

Moving Cait to her own room was mostly because of her getting too big for her bassinet in my bedroom. She's been sleeping in her own room for days, maybe a week. I have to say that she sleeps great in there and it's like she knows that is her room and her crib was meant for her to sleep in. It is most difficult for me because I turn over at night and she isn't there and I worry. The few night feedings I've had to do weren't too bad and I was able to get back to sleep afterward. I just wanted to move her now so she would get used to it and I thought it would be easier to do it sooner than later. It's hard on me but I'm hoping it'll get less difficult as time goes on. If you have a good thing going with baby in your room, don't rush them out, but our room was crowded, she slept awful, and she was outgrowing her bassinet. If I had a different situation I might have kept her with me. Don't feel pressured to move baby out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Sigh- Ellie's room is beautiful.

Tooth I'm sure when you are ready to move Joseph out of your room, he will have a beautiful room also.

Chloe sorry you are so sick. If you are by yourself just do the bare essentials. Feed yourself and drink a lot of fluids and care for lo. Everything else can wait and don't waste your energy. I hope you feel better soon.

I actually woke up with the worst headache I've ever had. It's very painful. Painkillers aren't even helping. I hope it goes away soon. Sinus' maybe?

I hope everyone is well.

I EBF and have no plans in digital of her not sleeping with me. I still Co sleep. And I don't have a crib. To put her in as my 18 month old still sleeps in it in our room as well. I have a pack n play bassinet that was meant for angel but never used it

I gotta share this... My little man learned how to clap hands today! Soooo cute! He started babbling ma ma na na a couple of days ago too!! Am so proud. He's very cute! Of course every time I try film it he stops!!

Tooth, that's so cute! What a smart little guy! I know how it is trying to get stuff on video. Every time C tries to crawl he stops as soon as I start filming.

Sigh, Ellie's room is SO beautiful. You did a great job with it.

Carter is still in our room and will be for a long time as we don't have a room for him anymore since we moved in with my parents. We're trying to pay off a bunch of bills before we get our own place again. I'm still really bummed about having to move and leave our cute apartment in Austin. I worked so hard on Carter's nursery and was really excited about it and he never even got to sleep in it once.

But, here are the pictures of what it looked like: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780783711676.2068984.65502381&type=1&l=37fee5c0e2

I plan on doing it pretty much the same when we get our own place. For now we are stuck sharing a room. But, he's up so much at night it's just as well that I don't have to traipse down the hall to get him.

Carter has been attempting to crawl all day long since yesterday morning. It's amazing how fast he learns. He just woke up yesterday and decided that's what he wanted to do and he attacked it! I can't believe it.

He has a dr. appointment today. He was supposed to just have his well check up for 6 months but he still has that rash and as of yesterday still a low fever so now he's going in for that and will probably have to delay his shots. Seems like we are in the dr.'s office every week especially with this delayed shot schedule we are doing. Hope she has good news for us and this weird rash thing.

Yay for clapping baby, tooth!

Thanks for support, girls. I toughed it out (and called my dad for help). I was able to get the energy to feed and play with G for a little, and my dad helped clean the house and get her ready for bed. I don't know how single parents survive! They must be the strongest people ever!

Good luck to those transitioning lo out of your rooms. Like some have said, there is no right time to do it. Please don't feel pressured. I keep wondering if/when I should stop letting G fall asleep on the boob at night, but she sleeps the night and isn't crying when she does wake up, so I'm just going to keep on doing that until it doesn't work any more.

Thanks girls. Hope all goes well at the docs Kelly. Gorgeous nursery. You'll enjoy recreating and tweaking the next one!

Chloe get better soon! Have an early night!

H's nursery is my favorite room in the house. There are some pictures in my journal here: https://projectbabymaking.tumblr.com/post/52156620542/family-photos-at-two-months-old-and-nursery (see signature for password) And here are a couple others that show it.

Attachments

• 8637740643_a13720aae3_o.jpg
    8637740643_a13720aae3_o.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 8640700860_6912aa3aa7_o.jpg
    8640700860_6912aa3aa7_o.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 8639601317_23138d33f0_o.jpg
    8639601317_23138d33f0_o.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
daydream, too cute! I love the banners you have hanging up.

Well, we just got back from Carter's 6 month check up. The np says his rash is actually bad eczema that could be triggered by a food allergy. The latest thing he had was green beans and that's not a common eczema trigger so not sure that was it. She says the fever is unrelated and just happened to occur at the same time as the eczema break out. She prescribed him some steroid cream. I think he's also teething (could be cause for the fever) as he's been grouchy and I feel a little bump on his gums but they aren't swollen or anything.

I bought him one of those mesh bags to put food in. I gave him frozen mango and he seemed to really enjoy it. Anyone else have one? I think it's the neatest thing and great for teething to put frozen fruit in. :)

Poor carter! Hope the cream helps with his eczema. I have a couple of the mesh food holder things, but haven't used them yet. Be careful with mango, I'm allergic to it, so I'd say its possible for babies to be also. Fruits are weird. I'm allergic to fresh pineapple, kiwi, mango, and strawberries. They all have some weird enzyme that causes a reaction.

Tooth, yay for clapping! So exciting!l

Camden had school pictures taken today at daycare. How fun!

Poor carter! Hope the cream helps with his eczema. I have a couple of the mesh food holder things, but haven't used them yet. Be careful with mango, I'm allergic to it, so I'd say its possible for babies to be also. Fruits are weird. I'm allergic to fresh pineapple, kiwi, mango, and strawberries. They all have some weird enzyme that causes a reaction.

Tooth, yay for clapping! So exciting!l

Camden had school pictures taken today at daycare. How fun!

Oooh, I had no idea mango was a common allergen. I knew about strawberries. Maybe we'll just stay away from those for awhile. Thanks for the info!

Aw, can't wait to see Cam's school pics. Bet they are super cute. :)

KellyM - There's an Aveeno Baby Eczema cream that healed Ellie's eczema! We put it on right after her bath and it worked so much better than aquaphor, eucerin, cetaphil and all the other crap we tried on her. She had a bad rash on her face and now it's gone! I think her trigger was dry air and the tide detergent I was using on our clothes (I use All free and clear on both hers and our clothes now). She still grabs her face because she's itchy at times but atleast she isn't all red anymore!

Tooth - wow yayy! He is so smart!!

scooby - post a pic!!

Daydream - SO cute! I love the banner!! We need to put something over Ellie's crib but I'm not sure what to put yet but love the banner idea :)

Thanks, the banner over his bed was actually something my mom and sister made for when we came home with him, it was Welcome Home Harrison, and we just kept the Harrison part :) And the other banners in his room are from his baby shower. All these people didn't know they were making decorations for his nursery too!

Kelly - That's a great idea to put the frozen fruit in the mesh bags for teething! I have seen them but never would have thought to do that.

Tonight we did our first food: avocado! H seemed to dig it, but then spent a good ten minutes finger painting on his high chair. I gave him a few bites and then pretty much just gave him a preloaded spoon with avocado mush and let him try it. Overall a positive experience for him, but didn't do much actual eating.

969677_10100121085201391_139978212_n.jpg

971090_10100121085156481_1980836109_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"