December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I haven't even used a pillow this time as I haven't really felt I've needed too. But with Archie I couldn't live without my V pillow <3

Having a bad day...

At 1.30 this morning, C woke up crying. Normally, we put his dummy back in and he goes straight back over. This morning, I went to go open his stair-gate to get into his room and... the stair-gate was jammed shut!! I wrestled with it for ages, and finally went in to get DH. His first words were "What did you do to it?" (I nearly stabbed him...) but he couldn't get it open either. He ended up stepping over it and going in to him. We only got it open this morning with a lot of WD40!

Then we got up this morning, I got myself ready and was then getting C ready while DH was in the shower. I heard an almighty crash from the en suite. Turned out DH had swung his towel round, knocking over the cabinet in the bathroom, and breaking my (nearly full) Lancôme foundation bottle into smithereens.

Then I went down to have my breakfast to discover - the milk was off.

So hopefully these things go in threes and that's me for the day, or else it's just a bad day and it's only starting...

Conina hope your day gets better!!!

Double digits day for me and we are all nearly in 3rd tri! Have included a bump pic from this morning. Def starting to get a decent sized bump now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
Con I hate days like that...I literally call off and roll back over in bed. It never pans out well. If you can I advise the same for you, that'll ensure you don't have to deal with anything that isn't absolutely necessary. Hopefully things will look up. I'm usually the one saying to my hubbs "what'd you do?" and I'm sure he wants to stab me too, lol, only he usually does break it.

Cazi, yay for double digits! Your bump is so cute!

ND - going back to bed wasn't an option I'm afraid! Though touch wood, nothing else has happened...

Caz - you're so tiny!! I'm so jealous... :haha:

You've all convinced me. Will order one today!!!

Hope your day improves con!!

That's a proper cute bump!!!

I has my midwife appt this morning. All went fine. She had a feel and reckons baby is still lying side to side lol

And omg I'm a cauliflower haha

Such a cute bump Cazi!!

Sorry about your bad morning Conina :flower: hopefully it turns around for you. I always find though that when my day starts off "off" I just write it off as a bad one and figure hey at least tomorrow has to be better!

I took ds to his first mommy & me class today! He loved it although had a tough time sitting still during music and singing time. Now he is refusing to nap and I am beyond exhausted :(

I am very confused about changing tables. Any input is most welcome. I have no experience but when you put the baby vertically on a table, it should be easy to clean and change. But then why do so many people use dressers and lay their babies horizontally. Is it easier? Is it doable? I see these fancy ikea hemnes changing tables on pinterest but i cannot be sure.

I am into the dressers because for some reason I decided to use prefold cloth diapers :dohh:, and the drawers are very appealing to me.

I used a dresser set up and cloth diapered DS so it is doable, and personally I found changing him horizontally vs vertically no different. Gotta get the diaper off and a new one on either way :) The dresser did work great for us with cloth diapers!

We are going to get a cot top changer. Just cheaper and easier, doubt we will actually use it much...!

Baby has been very very quiet since yesterday :( I normally get a few kicks in a morning but nothing yet. I know not to worry as they're not reliable yet but can't lie it's bothering me!!! Come on baby. If I don't feel much today I might ring the midwife. Think it's only doing this because I saw her yesterday morning lol

We had a cot top changer and also a changing table that converted into a baby bath (that was lent to us - they're really dear!!). One was vertical and the other horizontal, but to be honest more often than not we changed him on a mat on the floor. We only used the cot top first thing in the morning and last thing at night, and the other only when he was just out of the bath.

That being said, I really want to see if we can borrow the changing table again. It was really handy to have him at that level for baths when he was tiny.

Zig - have you tried the old cold water trick?

Have you tried drinking something cold and sweet? It usually gets them moving.

:wave: sorry I've been MIA, just busy! I feel like I've caught up now. I'm another who used the long pillow as a bfing pillow and am using it again now.

I had to go to hospital last week because of my risk of early labour, I'd had BH every day for 5 days and was getting 4 an hour. Some of them were painful but thankfully they weren't actually doing anything. Had to have an internal and the fibronectin swab though - yuck!

I'm in double figures too :happydance:

Still quiet :( not had chance to do the drink yet as I'm in work. Will try later. I'm off tomorrow so can call the midwife first thing if no joy. I miss my karate kid!

Cor Jenni you need a break!!!

I've got home and done the iced orange juice trick and got some movement. It's really low though so I think baby has wriggled around and that's why I've not felt much today!!! At least I've felt something now naughty baby!!

I did call the midwife in the end and she was fab and said she'd pop out and see me later if I hadn't felt anything by 8.30 tonight :) awesome lady!

Yoshi, yay for third tri!

Zig, glad the movement came!

I took the day off cause I was so exhausted. I think it's affecting me cause I started feeling sick. I actually got up and on the his to work and then turned right around cause I felt so nauseous. I slept for four hours today and I feel better so maybe just needed some rest. Baby has been very active and very strong. I think this baby is turning from a night owl to a more regular schedule...and by regular I mean something I could function off of when the baby gets here, lol.

so happy to hear the movemeny came zig! :)

ND- sorry you didn't feel well today. I have those off days too, today was one of them where I napped through ds's second nap and still woke up exhausted. Also hungrier than usual so maybe it's a growth spurt?

Zig yay for movement!

I was woken up in the middle of the night by baby going MAD-I think it must have been punching and kicking because I was getting movement in two different places. There's still a good bit of movement but it's calmed down a good bit

Glad you got some rest nd. I'm getting tired too :( off today and slept ok last night so I'm chuffed to bits lol.

Con, I always get movement in different places, I thought it was normal lol. I reckon baby does star jumps in there :lol: it's still quieter this morning, but had a little wriggle. Almost certain it has moved position.

I feel movement in different places at the same time too...totally normal.

I slept close to tour hours yesterday...bliss! Then when it was time to put my son to bed, I was right there with him. No problems sleeping at all last night. Honestly could have slept a bit more, but it'll do, lol. I'll really have to watch that cause not only did I start physically feeling sick I also wad turning into an emotional wreck again. My mom always tells me how sleep is so important and I know it is, but for whatever reason I don't feel the exhaustion until its too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->