December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

pathos:hugs:, I am so sorry for your pain. Can you releave the pain with a sit baths? I have pelvic gridle pain and it seems to get intense every week, I need to visit physiotherapist. hemorrhoids can be caused by varicose veins, I have one on my leg and my dr. told me to wear compreson stockings.
no doubt :thumbup: for 29 weeks!

We went to a 2 hospital visits and one birth center.

The First hospital is not renovated, only a family room are nice and colorful. 4000 euro for a vaginal, 5000 for a c-section.
Dr. comes in only when the baby's head is visible and just watches the birth.
They have a routine PKU test done for a metabolic baby's disorder.
I didn't like that during a c-section the baby can't stay on my chest cos it's too cold in OP.
however, delivery unit is on the 2nd floor, and the birthing center is on the first floor.
So we visited a birthing center. 4000 euro for a delivery, it's paid by insurance!
WE had to take our shoes off in this center. I think it was great!
1.It's run by 3 midwives.
2. The midwives will do a birth preparation classes which will start in October. So we get to know them all.
3. After delivery I would stay only 2 hours in the birthing center and then go home, if I don't feel well or so, I can be admitted to a hospital.
4. Midwive who delivers my baby, visits us at home every day.
5. Pediatrician will come to the house for a check ups.
6. They don't have any pain killers, so I need to be confident that I'll make it without them.
7. The only eguipment they have is a fetal baby's and mom's heart beat and blood pressure monitor.
8. I can eat and drink, take a shower during a labor and give a birth on the floor if I wish. I can give a birth on the toilet or in the water tub.

The second hospital is very modern and newly renovated, you feel you are in bussiness suite not in the delivery unit. 2800 euro for a vaginal birth and little more for a c-section.
During c-section I can keep my baby on my chest till dr. finish their job, feeding wouldn't be possible at that time. They don't do a routine PKU tests.

SOOOOO the next week I have to decide if I want to give a birth in a birthing center.
The good thing I'll need to start the birth preparation classes next month and they will last for 6 weeks. We'll come together with my hubby.
I want to talk to my mom before making decision, but I really leaning towards the birthing center, cos I'll get more personal, private attention and emotional support. I don't want all this fuss and drama with few midwives and hospital personel. I am not talking about intern student who is learning during my delvery.
My german is not great, I know my 3 midwives can talk to me in English.
Did you know that here in Germany there is no law how many woman the midwive takes care of in one shift. It can happen 1 woman, or 6 women.

In the hospital delivery unit My hubby had tears in his eyes when he heard one woman screaming. (I thought it's the baby.) The midwive told him, that the woman will be smiling very very soon.
In the birthing center it will be a slim chance that two woman will give a birth at the same time. It's another plus.

So many decisions dov. I'm actually a bit grateful its not so many decisions here. I wouldn't know what to do, lol.

Had my 4D scan today it was amazing! Baby is doing great and estimated to weight 2lb 9oz!! Got some great pictures!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 4
Awwwww <3 Cazi! Such a gorgeous picture. Are you still team yellow? Xx

Yes we are still team yellow but everyone thinks boy!

Aw that sure is a cute pic:)

I'm another who has been AWOL! We too have had our 3d scan,

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG3310.jpg
https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG3309.jpg
https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG3306.jpg

I'm going to hospital to give birth, partially because of being high risk (though I could probably convince them if I have no issues between now and labour) and partially because I had an epidural with my daughter - she was back to back. I won't have a specific birth plan as such, just get her out safely is the goal. Maybe put a hypnobirth cd on if I have the chance.
I'm a part time SAHM and part time student but will continue at uni right up until delivery I think.

So cute Jen! I really want to keep my appt now after seeing everyone's pics of the 3d/4d scans.

ow wonderful pictures, so beautiful <3. when i had my 3d scan, both of his hands were over his face, there is just one image with a partly visible face - luck.

i am going to have a long talk with my midwife this friday - after what i went through last week, i made my mind. if i survive birth, there is no way i can deal with the postpartum piles, possible tearing and iyaaaaak episiotomy recovery, and bf issues at the same time. i am definitely not consenting to episiotomy, and forceps - i do not even know if they ask for my consent :haha: first, i should learn my rights.

nd, do you have a link to your birth story in your journal? =)

Pathos, I read a bit about forceps and tearing a little while ago (on here I think?!) and all the ladies stories REALLY reassured me.

Everyone who posted about tears basically said it wasn't that bad and they healed very very quickly. I think you only ever hear about the horror stories... Think the thread was in third tri bit, was really reassuring if you can find it!!!

And no one wants forceps, but every woman who had them used said they'd do it again in a heartbeat as it saved the life of their little one.

My mind set is..... I want as easy, intervention free a birth as possible, but ultimately I just want a healthy baby at the end of it, whatever that takes at the time.

Now, is anyone else obsessing over baby movement?! I think about it all the time!! Is it moving enough, is it moving right etc!! Baby had a pattern for a bit, then we had that very quiet day and since then it's a lot more haphazard!! My movement it still mostly very low and I think baby is still transverse, so think that must affect how I feel it.

Also tearing is better than an episiotomy...better and faster healing. But I agree, usually its just something small and most women say they are so into their little one they font even realize the doc stitching them up. It is the horror stories that get you.

Not obsessing over baby movement. With my son he was so active, then it was like he'd tire himself out and have a chill day every now and again. Believe it or not at 15 months he's still like that, lol. I truly believe their personalities start while in the womb. I don't think where or how they move matter wo much as that they move. Its suppose to be so many movements every two hours...like 10 I believe. I did kind of wake up freaking this morning though cause I usually wake up to my little peanut saying good morning, but didn't today. Me and hubbs were very friendly last night and he was behind me and I kind of kept slowing slipping down onto my belly it felt like, so of course I thought I squashed the baby last night. So shook my belly in the shower and all is well! I used to worry about that with my son but obviously he was always fine.

Uhhh, I took my son shopping last night and decided to let him walk and not be in the stroller. It was all good until we got on the move. He sat down and played with this toy while I was looking for clothes for him but then when it was time to go he wanted to explore the entire store. I was trying to get to the register and he wad just trying to go somewhere and laughing the whole time. I'd tell him to come back and he'd look at me, smile and take off. So me and my pregnant self with an arm full of clothes was chasing him down...yay! I finally just picked him up and carried him to the counter...he fought me the whole way. By the time it was all done I was exhausted and even started to sweat! I was thinking it would help tire him out...nope, I was tired and at 9 he was going strong, lol.

Oh I have a past. Since it is written in other threads I see no problem to share it with you.
TMI: I was a sufferer of vaginismus for years - even though the problem is fixed few years ago, its traces are still with me. I am not comfortable with i.e. vaginal examination. And all my muscles down there stiffen when I read about tearing, stitches, the thought of episiotomy makes my stomach sick etc. I am scared to have a re-occurrence of my old trouble as well.

ND wow, 9 cm and yet cesarean birth. In a way, this is my dream birth. Of course I am also terrified of the insertation of the bladder bag pipe. But probably it was done after the epidural in your case? I will check your journal to see if you typed about your recovery. I hope this time around, you will have your dream birth =)

Ziggie, I think I am very selective. I may read hundreds of peaceful stories but my mind will be occupied by the single horror story there. I am glad that you feel reassured. This is the best way to go. And about movement, I have just discovered that my baby either loves or hates cookie monster. When he does not move for a while, I sing along c is for cookie, and he starts moving. Maybe you may try a startling music?

After I got this painful dude in my a... last week, I started to think that everyone is so Hello Kitty about their birth stories, they all cheat :growlmad:

Pathos, yes the catheter was done after the epi so I didn't feel anything when they did it. And yes, my sons heart rate kept dropping and they tried to keep rolling me but eventually that stopped working and it just wouldn't come back. This is normal because of the pressure on the skull when you have contractions, but there should be pretty quick recovery with the heart rate. When there wasn't and then it just wouldn't come back up there was no other option. I labored long and slow...had it been fast it would have been a vaginal delivery. My recovery was actually quite wonderful. They give you pain meds and a stool softner as sections have a tendency to slow your bowels, but I wad good. Little to no pain at all, closure healed very well. I was in the hospital for 3 days...standard...and the day I went home I was actually vacuuming, lol. Shouldn't have been and hubbs yelled at me, but I felt fine. My only advice would be if they dont give you a softner after a section, ask for it. Cause I've heard other women who have become constipated and bloated and very uncomfortable and in pain because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->