December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Yoshi, cute pic!

Marla, not bad. I think I packed mine around 32 weeks with my son. Probably will do it then too this time.

Zig, you got rid of all the other pillows to use the maternity pillow? You have to keep them all and be cocooned in there, lol. I didn't get rid of a single one...just added the maternity pillow. My hubbs thought I was crazy. Even now when he tries to cuddle I tell him to stop trying to use my maternity pillow on the sly, lol. He's not, just trying to get close.

<3 Yoshi, so cute =))

Ahahah ND you made me chuckle.. poor hubbies. Similar here, I always panic and stress about the things to be done but actually I won't do any of them. I am the brain; he is the muscle :haha: On our defense brain part is more demanding and tiring.

I live in a small city and the hospital is 10 minutes away. I am not really thinking of packing a bag but apparently dark grandma panties are a must so i need to do few shopping.

I also need to discover the gown they provide at the hospital. Many people will see many parts during the labor but at least i need to be covered (from behind) walking at the corridors etc :blush: I am starting to stockpile witch hazel from this day on in case new dudes are gonna pop up :dohh: That`s the nutshell of my hospital bag. The rest hubby can bring, I guess.

Someone gave me a great tip with my son to use depends and I'm so I'm glad I did...especially with having a section. So I didn't ruin any panties, nor did I have to buy the granny panties. I'm a thong or boy short girl. But the depends were comfy and obviously were designed for bodily fluids. I still used pads, but in case the bleeding was heavy those were perfect. I'll do the same this time.

ND I kept the pillow as well for a while but ended up ditching it!!!

What are depends...?!

Like the adult diapers. Some adults use them for incontinence.

hmm that might be a good idea, it sounds very convenient. the thought of diapers is a bit uncomfortable, but granny pants are not also my cup of tea anyhow:fool:. i also think about disposable net pants. if they have black ones, i am buying those.

The hospital proved the disposable net panties. I don't want those again. I preferred the depends when I had my son. But the ones at the hospital were white with purple trim. At least they tied to get stylish I guess, lol.

This may be a tmi question - but what should I be expecting in the way of bleeding... Is this like a major period? How long for??? I have no idea what to expect.

Not tmi at all. A lot of women actually wish their providers would be more honest about what to expect. For me it was about 2 weeks of a light period with the first day I had him being a bit heavy. The third week was more of the brown spotting, but it was longer and heavier than with a normal period. Some women have longer/heavier than that, but what I've heard from most women is about the same as what I've heard. If the bleeding is extreme. Then there's a problem usually so keep an eye on it. But if you deliver at the hospital they watch it while you're there. How that for you...someone checking between your legs for the bleed specifically...yay! It's all so intrusive, but it doesn't bother me cause I figure I'm not the first and won't be the last and its nothing they've never seen before. The lady taking the catheter put was weird cause her face was right there in my crotch, but it was fast so whatever.

I sleep with 5 pillows. One for my head. 2 others are flat pilllows for my legs, they get a bit elevated it's god for varicose veins. Another pillow(big one) I put under my legs before faling asleep while listening to the music. and then get rid of it before sleeping. And the fifth pillow I keep between my legs.

It's the 4th day now and I am fighting cold. I have no fever, only congestion, headache, running nose. The good thing that I am improving and feeling better every day. My baby doesn't seem to be sick, cos he is more active then ussually.
Also I had 3 Braxton Hicks contractions in 12 hours.
I have read a research about viral infections during pregnancy. Pregnant woman's immune system is lowered to prevent from body attacking unorn child. Viruses and bacteria may change the womb's enviroment and the baby may have asthma.:( My hubby had asthma when he was a child and my dad has it.
So please stay away from crowded places and eat plenty vitmins fruits and veggies and drink lots of water!

Did you think about the flu shot?

Oh I drove my midwife mad last evening. I asked what if the labor starts spontaneously and i still have "rain forests" down there. Then i had to courage to ask what if i :blush::blush: .. well you know what... when i press kind of questions. She said they do not even notice the things that might be slightly gross to us. It comes with the job, its normal, natural and there is nothing shameful about it.

She is a counter argument against Julia Kristeva and the abject - I am questioning the validity of critical theories now :haha:

Good question!
I won't be able to shave cos I can't acess.... but my hubby will help me with that. I think I should be clean cos incase of tear I'll need to be shaven by the nurse cos they'll need to fix the damage. It's my thinking. I need to talk to my midwife.
Before my appendix surgery, the nurse had to shaved me:growlmad:

Thanks ND!! Knowledge is power, and I like to know what's going to happen!!!! I'm not too shy so I think it will be fine with them poking about down there.

I can't access down there either now lol!! Got OH to have a tidy up with his electric clippers the other week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now I shave by feel and considering I did it with my son, I'll do it with this one. Even if you're bare they'll shave you anyway. They shaved me with my section right at my panty line and id just shaved everything the morning of as I knew I was in labor.

Our cotbed was delivered today :D be nice to get the nursery set up. Eventually!! Got a lot to do to it!

Baby has been moving a lot today. Lots of pops and twangs. Not sure what it's doing in there!!!

I'm also grazing all day, or I'm not hungry!! So weird. Yesterday I scoffed a lot in one go for lunch then wasn't hungry all day, felt bloated and yuck. Today I've had porridge, toast, a yoghurt bar, sandwich, crisps.... And I'm still hungry!!!!

Hi all! I'm back from a little holiday in donegal, in the far north of Ireland (although confusingly, not in Northern Ireland! ) We hired a house and it was lovely and relaxing, although holidays are v different with the little one than they were before! We were inside before 8 every single night...

How is everybody doing?
It's getting close! We are in 2 digit countdown!
Have you ladies had CTG? You can read your baby's heart rate (make sure he is getting enough O2 through placenta). My dr. does this test from the week 28.
Are you going to swaddle your newborn or put him in the sleeping bag(outfit)?
I found out my hubby is RH+ and I am RH-, so i'll need antibody shot soon. I am Nervous about it.

Doing fine here... Lese than two months...lese than 60 days! Eeepppp! I'm getting really excited and I keep having dreams about having my baby. First one was a girl. Second one was a boy, but I think he was a vampire, lol. He was born with almost a full set of teeth and fangs...pregnancy dreams...

My b'day is tomorrow and me and hubbs are hanging out all day Friday. I'm excited. He asked what I wanted to do and I said go to the mall and get some movie theater popcorn, lol. He looked at me like I was crazy, but that's what I want right now. Again, pregnancy...

Lol funny dream :D

We are good too, except I have a cold. Was awake last night with a horrid sore throat and just feel a bit rough today.

We've finally stripped the room to be nursery. Plasterer is coming soon!! And I finish work in 4 weeks!!!! I'm SOOOOOO ready. My job is full on, and I do so much commuting. I'm fed up.

Think we've decided to book a 4d scan too :D

Conina, I am so jealous of you! you had a vacation, moreover, you had a vacation in Ireland! I think we will regret our decision to postpone our vacation to summer to save money :dohh:

Dovkav, I had 2 ctgs so far. I was bored to death the first time, it took 20 minutes roughly, so I brought something to read for the second one. Next week, I will have my 3rd.

I bought a sleeping bag earlier. Last week I finished reading Karp's "Happiest baby on the block". If the baby turns out be a colic, I am definitely swaddling him. :haha: But I am not going to buy a special "pucktuch". Flannel blankets or muslin clothes should do the trick if necessary. Some people are strictly against swaddling, i am not. What are your plans?

Happy Birthday no doubt=), less than 60 days... it is exciting and scary!

Ziggie hope you will feel better soon! Yay! You should have few long lazy days and regenerate before the little one arrives. Do you have theme for the nursery?

I saw some pins on the pinterest. Unfortunately, I had to discover the relieving affects of witch hazel earlier. They do not sell tucks here, so I am planning to prepare tuck pads and freezer postpartum pads with w hazel, aloe vera and lavender. I also ordered a donut? pillow... for you know what it is...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->