December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Oh all those facial expressions...:cry::cry: we have tiny humans inside! Wonderful pictures :flower:

Thank you :D

It's mad isn't it pathos. I think having the scan has definitely helped me visualise my baby (it's not a puppy!!! :lol: ).

I just ordered some tuck pads!! At like 4.30am lol. I think nd recommended them?!! My butt is so sore :( luckily I have some of the proper ointment from when I had one before a long while ago so started applying that yesterday. But man, so uncomfortable!!! And not an issue you can openly whine about to people lol

Omg the heart burn is SO bad and I can't move very well and I struggle to walk and struggle to sleep. I feel super rubbish and it happened as soon as I hit 3rd tri!
I didn't feel like this so early last time. I dont think I can last another 10 weeks lol :-(

Helen - isn't it weird, how no 2 pregnancies are alike? I would say my heartburn isn't as bad this time, but I would swap it for the GD any day...

Zig - what are tuck pads?

I feel like we're SLIGHTLY more organised after this weekend. The moses basket has been found - it's in storage but we can have it anyway, so we just need a new mattress. We can also borrow a double buggy :happydance: and even better, it's a really funky one!

We went to Mothercare on Sat and bought bubs a snowsuit and a gift set with about 8 different items (vest, babygro, hat, bib etc). Still have to get out C's old stuff and see what we can salvage. Oh, and we bought nappies!! (I mean newborn ones, we're ALWAYS buying other nappies!) So we're getting there! It still only has like 3 outfits however. I have a Next voucher so might go in and pick up, even packs of vests and babygros just to have.

Finally feeling a bit better. Only woke with two coughing fits last night so that's improvement. Gonna try and tackle work today but if I get tired I'm going home. I obviously didn't get anything checked off my list this weekend, so the stroller, car seat and overnight night bag will all have to get done this weekend I guess. I have an appt tomorrow morning. Dreading going in just cause I don't want to and its a bit of an inconvenience, but whatever...if I must, I must. My throat is still so sore and I sound like I swallowed a frog, but hopefully hot tea will sooth that. I wish I had chamomile.

:happydance: we started with the nursery. Bed, dresser and glider chair are assembled. i also bought some clothes. i will start doing the laundry tomorrow. We are planning to cloth diaper, so i also need to wash the prefolds 4 times. (if it is going to be a section, 5 -6 weeks left for us).

tuck pads, although they do not sell here =(- are life savers if you have piles or stitches after v birth. they are pads with hamamelis water (witch hazel) on postpartum recovery lists, i saw that people sprayed sanitary pads with witch hazel, aloe vera and lavender oil and put them in freezer (frost bite??) for instant relief.

Yep they're pads with witch hazel on them!! I have no idea who mentioned them then!! I also bought witch hazel gel :) thought they will come in handy no matter what!!

Sounds like everyone is starting to make real progress!! We just had the builder round, he's going to start on the nursery next week, so we can plaster and start decorating!!!! Can't wait to get it done.

We bought newborn disposable nappies, and need to buy our cloth ones soon. And I have the urge to get the pram out and play with it lol. Feel like I need to practice using it, getting in and out the car etc!! Plus I need to practice putting the car seat in and out :lol:

Ugh had the worst 24 hours!!!

Had a minor car crash last night and as a precaution went to L+D to get checked out as I had some pain over my upper bump. When I got to hospital I was put on monitor and contracting 4in 10 mins. They then did the fetal fibronectin test which came back positive. I then had medication to stop contractions and steroids just in case and was admitted overnight.

Thankfully all seems ok and after a 2 dose of steroids have been discharged. Just hope all stays quiet and I don't have to go back for another 8 weeks!!

Oh no!!!! Hope it's all ok now... Stay put baby!

Oh cazi what a nightmare! Stay where you are little one!

Cazi, that sounds scary! :flower: Hope you're not to sore after the accident.

Ziggie, what a cutie pie!

ND glad you're on the mend and starting to feel better.

Ugh, My last day of work is Nov 4, can not wait. Walking up and down the hills of San Francisco is no joke.

Had a sizing scan today, my little Nugget is an estimated weight of 4 pounds, 12 ounces. And should weigh in between 8-9 pounds, of course this is an estimate.

I am thinking of doing a tummy cast, anyone else? And is anyone else wearing a Halloween costume?

Attachments

• Monique's baby.JPG
    Monique's baby.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
Love the pic Cali! And yes I'm thinking of a belly cast too! And yes I want to wear a costume or paint my belly!

Holy moly Cazi!!! You poor thing!

Everything crossed little one stays a cooking! Xx

Still cooking and everything seems to have calmed down thank goodness! Am suffering from killer heartburn tonight!!

Is that one time when you can actually be glad about having heartburn?

:happydance: we started with the nursery. Bed, dresser and glider chair are assembled. i also bought some clothes. i will start doing the laundry tomorrow. We are planning to cloth diaper, so i also need to wash the prefolds 4 times. (if it is going to be a section, 5 -6 weeks left for us).

tuck pads, although they do not sell here =(- are life savers if you have piles or stitches after v birth. they are pads with hamamelis water (witch hazel) on postpartum recovery lists, i saw that people sprayed sanitary pads with witch hazel, aloe vera and lavender oil and put them in freezer (frost bite??) for instant relief.

how do you call those tuck pads in german? I am interested!

I am interested in cloth daipering too. What did you buy? I have seen in the babywalz catalog they have flanelltuch and mullwindel, molontuch, mullwaschlappen, mehrzwecktuch. They don't seem to have cloth daiper covers(little pants) like in United states. Would you please explain all those different cloths and how to use them?

calibelle, I have lived in the north bay for 12 years and now I am here in Germany for 2 years. Love and miss SF a lot!

we just had a CTG, and heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time and it was perfect. In 20 min the heart rate was 120-160bpm.
I don't have contractions so no preterm labor!

My anti-d profilxis shot is due now. I am so scared. How my body will react? It's done from human blood, me and my baby still can catch unknown virus:( I am rh- and my hubby is RH+. My and baby's blood mixing is very rear but it can happen. If I had trauma, I could have 72 hours to do a shot and prevent from my anitbodys building for RH+. If I have silent bleeds, I may miss that moment. It may not hurt this baby but the second one could have problems if he has rh+.
Some countries don't do anti-d shot, dr. just checks in women's blood for anti-d immunoglobulin. If she has developed, then she needs a shot.
Here in Europe any woman who is RH- gets a shot. Father is not tested at all. If he is RH-, baby has no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->