December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I sleep horribly when hubbs isn't there. I've been getting really amazing sleep lately though. When I was preggo with my son I had horrible insomnia the whole third trimester. I'd only get 3-4 hours of sleep every night. I swear something inhabited my body and brain cause I dont know how I was functioning. But this time I'm sleeping like a baby. Only a couple of nights where I've woken and can't go back to sleep but that normally happens for me.

Can't believe my ticker says I've only 26 days left! I am so ready. Come on my little munchkin. And all last night I was cramping and baby wasn't liking it. I figure things are getting ready so good. Gonna go walk around the mall with my hubbs and child today. Walking never helped me with my son, but I just wanna get out. And who knows maybe it will help with this one.

:dohh: if I sleep on my left side, he punches. If I sleep on the right side, he kicks. No decent sleep for me :(

Are you buying bottles and bottle warmers because you already know that you ll formula feed? I will see if I can bf first, it scares me and sometimes I am disgusted by the idea but I am surrounded by bf advocates who find my disgust repulsive. They describe the thing as a heavenly experience. I like tommee tippee but in germany its usually nuk or avent. Tommee doesnt have standart european plugs, I guess.

Ill be doing mass shopping this week... now that first snowflake is here :happydance::happydance:, I can officially panic. We are very close.

Haha pathos...don't panic...too much.

I bought a bottle warmer with my son that I never use. I bought it for when I would heat up breast milk bottles. But I couldn't make enough milk so ended up using formula. I didn't need it with formula cause we'd just let the water get warm enough and make it like that. I'm gonna try to bf again and hopefully this time I can make enough cause I'd prefer that for personal reasons and costs. When my son was older we were shelling out around $250 a month on formula alone! Could really use that savings this time around. I was so grateful when he switched to milk.

If you don't want to bf then don't...who cares what everyone else thinks.

I'm gonna try to breastfeed but at the same time prepare myself in case I can't. C absolutely refused to breastfeed, and after having what felt like every midwife in NI pawing over my boobs, I ended up expressing and combination feeding.

Did we mention to start forgetting about your dignity?!?

Oh yeah, the dignity is so gone. I told you I had that nurse eye to eye with my lady bits when she was taking the catheter out. That was...interesting. I'm not a shy person so stuff like that doesn't bother me, but I know some people who are and it does bother them. However when you're in that situation and the pain of it all starts setting in, you tend to forget your dignity and beg for anything that will relieve it. Everybody that walked through the door stuck there hand in my special place to see how far dilated I was and I was grateful for it seeing how I was going so slow. And then once he was here everyone got to oogle my boobs and grab and squeeze them to help with breastfeeding. It got to the point they would adk if I want the door closed and I'd said who cares, they've all seen it anyway, lol.

:haha: dignity gone!
Oh in case of c section, I m worried about the trapped wind. I cant simply let it go if there are people in the room.:blush: Maybe I can blame it on the baby, we ll see.

I was quite lucky with the trapped wind, I didn't get any at all :thumbup:

Dignity? What's that? :rofl:

I have no dignity to begin with so that doesn't worry me too much LOL.

First day of maternity leave. Oh what to do?! Can't drive anywhere as my car is being repaired... And I live in the arse end of nowhere in a tiny village without even a shop lol

Guess I will clean the house. Oh joy :lol:

Zig - if you call it nesting does it make it sound better?? :haha:

I didn't have a problem with wind or my bowels. The doctor just asked it I had since having the section which I had and that was good enough.

Yes, call it nesting and see if that helps. Doesn't help me...still feels like cleaning, lol.

Since I was unconscious for my section, I could have been explosive and wouldn't know about it...

I am gassy. Both ends.... Mild ibs. I don't do it in public but if I'm in hospital and I need to I will, no shame!!!

Well I've blitzed the kitchen, rearranged it a bit. Hoovered, mopped and polished downstairs. Sorted a massive pile of clothes I'd dumped on a bed. I feel quite accomplished lol.

I haven't got dressed or brushed my hair today mind :lol:

:haha::haha: nesting vs. cleaning and explosive wind! hahaha, its good that hospitals are no smoking :dohh: ladies, you made my day =)) LOL

i have my strep b test done, and my doctor gave me a free usg as a reward =) - i did my best to avoid climbing to that "lovely" chair. Anyway, usg showed that baby is head down :happydance:, i tried to trick the baby with flash light yesterday, and apparently it worked =)

Congrats pathos! How did you do it with a flash light? I would never think of a such thing. Brilliant! I would try anyways!
Question to a second time moms. Did you feed the baby at night?
When i grew up my mom was not allowed to do it, she gave only tea if the baby woke up. Here in Germany I met a family that grew 11 children and they never fed them at night. They tell me don't spoil your kid from a day one. He'll cry for a few nights only.
I understand, if you don't breasfeed you stil need to get up and pump your milk to keep your supply going and healthy breasts.
I understand if the kid is low weight, he needs more calories...

I'm not a second time mum, but you need to feed your baby at night!!!!

Or do they mean when they're older?!

As a newborn, yes, he was fed at night. 2, 5, 8, 11 - those were his times, he was like clockwork!!

He gradually then went for longer and longer until he dropped the night feeds altogether. Now (and since he's been properly weaned) he has his dinner at about 6 and doesn't eat again until 7am (or 8 at weekends!)

I've never heard of anyone saying a newborn doesn't eat at night :shrug: - their little tummies are so small that they can't take too much and then they use it up very quickly.

For anyone who's formula feeding, we thought the cartons of made-up formula were great for night feeds. They don't need refrigerated and C would take them at room temperature. Too expensive to use for every feed, but great for that!

hehe thanks :flower:

BeautifulD, how are you planning to use evening primrose oil? Oral, vaginal? How much? I will also start with that one today. I am doing RLT as well.
You might be interested in dates: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989

Dovkav, I don't know what is more shocking, no night feedings or raising 11 kids or raising 11 kids without night feeding.
The flash light was my midwife's suggestion. I did it externally in case you wondered :haha:

Never heard if not feeding a newborn and honestly some would call that child abuse if it meant the child lost weight or wasn't gaining properly. They do only absorb so little and use it so fast. Ds was about every three hours ad well until he went longer. He started sleeping through the night at two months or so. Our ped even told us in the beginning if he doesn't wake, wake him to feed him cause that's how bad they need it.

I had the strep test you and it was negative...didn't get an u/s as my reward though (jealous).

The Braxton hicks are constant at this point and are feeling like menstrual cramps now. I think a part of it is stress...and the sex. Today I had to stand half way into work, then get off of the bus and on the next one must so I could sit down. I almost cried. I'm so fed up with so much in general and I'm kind of getting concerned about post partum and how I'll feel. The pregnancy is fine, its just everything else that is getting to me. I swear I could just strangle someone right now. I told my mom I could've punched someone in the face on Friday and she asked me who and I told her it didn't matter, lol.

I just want my baby in my arms and to finally be off work and at home with my kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->