December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I did all natural with my daughter and am hoping to again. The thought of the epidural scares me. That and I want to be able to walk around. 27 days left until my due date! Crazy.

Definitely aiming for as naturally as possible. I'm NOT planning on giving birth on a bed either. Stood up, all fours what ever. My antenatal classes have really helped me recognise why that's my aim. Promoting breastfeeding and attachment etc.

*note I'm saying AIMING I'm flexible and firmly bedded in reality lol what will be will be and as long as baby and I are safe and healthy THAT is my main goal.

ND we have more forms of pain relief in the UK. I read in the US you pretty much have epidurals or nothing??!! You don't even have gas and air right?? No wonder women have more epidurals there you don't have much option!!

Yeah we have gas, demoral(a pill) and the epi. Thought wasn't offered any of those other options, not that it matters cause I would have taken the pill as that goes to baby too. Maybe I'll try the gas this time, but I'm sure the epi is where I'll end up, lol. Plus because I had to have the emergency section and the same line for my epi is where they pushed my meds through for the numbing agent, so I was already hooked up and ready to go and they got him out quicker. The epi is like a 30 or 45 minute process and I'd hate to waste that time if we had an emergency section again. Probably being over cautious, but having been there once I don't want to take any chances.

Gas and air is fab lol. But does make you feel high :)

I'm not against meds at all, in fact I think we should have the choice over what we want to do.. I just thought you didn't have the choice in the US so that's why epi was so common. If you are what I mean... Limiting choices means you don't get to choose maybe how you'd birth if their was more selection!

Either way, safe, happy, healthy babies are far more important than how they arrive at the end of the day. I know what I want to do, but I have no idea what my pain threshold is like as I've never given birth and I can't predict what might be!! Few friends have had really easy births recently and I'm SOOOOOO hoping I follow suit.... But?!

ziggie, I am with you. I have no idea how painful it will be. My cousin said it was like a feeling someone putting hot knife up, my friend said it was just a bad menstrual pain...

I chose a birth center and they don't have any pain killers there. I'll need to be transfered to another floor for that.

My other friend did a natural all the way only the last minute she asked for a pill and that ended up her progress and she had to do a c-section. The second child she gave a birth at home. Th ebaby was 4kg.

When we feel pain, the body tells you something is wrong. My liver , my kidneys, appendix... You are worried, stressed out. You can't sleep at night.
Childbirth is normal, nothing wrong with that. If the baby's heartbeat is ok and I am fine. I am not passing out or throwing up. I am not having fever or high blood pressure. I am aiming to go till the end.
If you have fears during a childirth your sympathetic nervous system will kick in and tells your body to fight. All the blood will go to hands and legs prepare you to run and your uterus will be less functioning and your labor will not progress. Relaxation and peace of mind is important during a labor cos your parasympathetic nervous system will kick in and release feeling good hormones. Your body has it's own pain killers you just need to use them. Look when you break a leg you don't feel pain, you feel uncomfort and you think it'll heal itself, but an x-ray tells you different story, you need a cast and 6 weeks therapy.

How do you relax when you feel pain? I can't visulize being in the nice warm place, beach or so. Maybe positive thinking I hope can help.

I am researching about hypnobirthing and this visualisation and message does make sense to me. Please look at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCXvY0tauuk&list=PLmPnB9c-LQs9pj-6Msm0W6fi6GYJRNcev&index=3

We talk about birth... yay!

One thing I am sure is... I will curse and swear at my hubby especially if I see him eat. I really think about food and starvation when I think about labour...weird.

My hubbs was smart enough to not eat in front of me, lol. When my water broke I started cramming bread in my mouth thinking that would fill me up. I was hungry an hour after I got to the hospital! The nurse was actually gonna get me some crackers and then there was there's shift change and the new nurse told me no. I could have cried...and punched her in the face, lol.

While I think being relaxed helps that's definitely not all of it. I actually wasn't worried or stressed at all with my labor and I just labored slow. It was just eventually too much for my little man and they had to take him. Safe and healthy was my goal. The section made me nervous, but it all went well.

Can't you eat?! We are recommended to pack snacks lol

Last day of work today!! so excited to get in some 'me' time before baby comes! Also, I went to the doc yesterday, and they said that baby is average size, even though he's measuring 7.7lbs based on ultrasound measurements..They're not concerned with him being too big.. she also said that those weights are just estimates, and not 100% accurate.. So we'll see how big he is when he comes. I still have three weeks to go!

No we can't eat! Other countries can! I swear they need to hurry up and adopt that. If I'm hungry this time I'm eating! Hubbs is gonna have to get me something and I swear I will smack someone if they try to stop me. I was at the hospital from 5pm til 1pm laboring, then still had to wait another couple hours for recovery send all that before I could eat, so we'll just round that up to 24 hours with no food!

That's mad you need energy for labour!!!! We are told to pack things to boost energy like nuts, oaty bars, biscuits and generally anything to tide you over. They really recommend sports drinks too to rehydrate etc.

I'm not sure how it works if you need an emergency section, but they don't do nil by mouth. In fact every I've heard and read says to try and eat when you go into labour... My friend has her little girl a week ago and went out for a nandos while contracting LOL

Thoughts ladies...
bubs has been quiet the past few days. I thought it was just cos I've been busy the past few days getting everything ready for her.

I noticed last night that she wasn't having her normal kick around after dinner so had something sweet still minimal movement. Had a nice cold drink.... still didn't have the desired effect so went to bed.

she's usually very active when I'm sleeping and will sometimes even wake me up but last night she wasn't moving at all when I woke up... I didn't get much sleep.

This morning although she has moved occasionally it's not the same as before. She used to go mad when I ate/drank/had a bath I've done all of the above and it's triggered minimal movement :wacko:

Not sure if to call mw of see how we go!? Sigh....

This is actually happening to me too. I grabbed the Doppler and the hb was fine. I think things are just getting tight in there for them right. If you're really concerned call the doctor though.

Hubby says I have dropped, he noticed it yesterday so maybe it's just that? Might go have a listen in :thumbup:

I'm sure it is. People are telling me I'm low too, and I feel low, so could be they are just getting ready.

Call the midwife. Best to call when you don't need to than not call when you should have.

Mine says any change to normal movements call. I did once and they took it very seriously and didn't make me feel silly. Even though baby moved later that evening lol.

Please be safe not sorry :)

You shouldn't rely on the doppler either :)

we are told to pack snacks only for hubby, no food for me =( but i will have few toffee chocolate treats.

when he was transverse, he was constantly moving. I could not even tell the difference between bh and him moving. Since he turned, i only feel few mild kicks on my right side (his feet are not up to my stomach) That's also sometimes where I feel the hiccups. The center of hiccups always change :shrug:

See theres a hard lump at the top of my stomach so I'm praying she hasn't flipped.

She's been having a good wriggle around this evening so panic over..... for now lol!

They don't let you eat if you're being induced, in case they do need to do a section. They do let you have water but then when it does get to c-section time they give you something to "clear out your system". That was fun... Somehow I wasn't hungry though, just soooooo thirsty afterwards.

Bd I would ring anyway, just to put your mind at rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->