December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

BeautifulD, how are you? How are the baby's movements?

This morning the baby was awake early and kicking and I told to my hubby, it's so nice, that he is not crying, doesn't need to be fed and changed. Let's enjoy those last carefree weeks.
Join my club, ladies and have quality time with your hubby and you still have time to be selfish and pamper yourself!
I am going to midwive this week and hopefully she'll find him with a head down position.

Im good thanks Dov :hugs: well apart from just cutting myself shaving :dohh: that will teach me for being impatient lol.

bubs is back to her normal acrobatics :D midwife tomorrow. I should find out if she's gonna play ball when it comes to giving me a sweep early :thumbup:

D the lump could still be baby's butt, that's how my son was and how this one is.

Can I just say I'm really proud of myself...I finally packed my bag! Lol! I have like two items to add but otherwise I'm good to go. This time I made a list of those everyday items you use and need to grab on your way out like a charger or pillow. Cause last time I left my pillow and hubbs had to come back and get it. That definitely made the difference in me getting comfy in that hospital bed. Last night I was getting some pretty good contractions and quite often. I thought that things were maybe getting started...they weren't. That's the thing about this stage, you're so ready and every time you feel a twinge you think it could be it, but baby will come when baby wants, so we just wait. I played a trick on hubby though, he'd just heated up his food and u said uh oh to our son. Then our son said uh oh and I said go tell daddy uh oh, and my hubbs comes running in the room saying uh oh what, thinking our son had pooped again and I shook my head no. So then he said did your water break and I just looked at him. Then he thought it broke on his blanket that his mother made with his school colors and all. Then he got kissed thinking he wasn't gonna be able to eat...this is what I was waiting for. So he says let me see, lol. I just laughed and said what would you have done if it had broken? He said he would have eaten on the way...how?? My hubbs is a mess.

:rofl: how funny.... I couldn't do that to poor hubs he literally would have a complete meltdown.

I'll have to save it for the actual time lol.

Nd just make sure you don't cry Wolf once too often!

Baby has been dancing like crazy all day-no idea what it's doing!

Con, my husband said I was the boy who cried wolf. I only did if the one time, and I never did it with ds. I only did it cause I knew he was he about to eat and I know how he is about his food, lol.

:wohoo: term!
he is still head down :thumbup:, weighs 2900 grams :v

I am happy for you,:happydance::happydance::happydance: Pathos!
Tomorrow I'll find out my baby's position. Hopefully I'll have a good news too!

Bad news here my baby is a surprise breech :'(

C section for.me 2/12/14

D, can you try some of those tricks to turn baby, like the flashlight? I work with a girl whose baby was breach up until last minute and she turned a week before her due date.

Not sure how that double post happened as I was asleep at the time! Lol

Had my appt today and baby is still had down. 1 cm dilated, not too much thinned out but it's starting. I was pleased with this report as with my son I didn't dilate until it was time. I got to 1 7 hours into active labor...I'd alreadybeen contracting for almost two days by that point! So definitely a better situation.

Great news nd :hugs:

So pleased all our ladies are progressing nicely!

I am happy for you,:happydance::happydance::happydance: Pathos!
Tomorrow I'll find out my baby's position. Hopefully I'll have a good news too!

Hehe thanks, hope you got your good news.

No doubt so those contractions were doing something. I am curious, are there any external signs to indicate dilation or thinning?

Nothing external to my knowledge. I never paid attention with my son obviously but I think I would have noticed something.

I'm finally full term! Crazy. I washed all the baby clothes last night. I still need more newborn clothes. With Hannah I didn't have enough and I dot want that to happen again.

I showed this to my midwive and she told me it's nothing new, everything is possible in our birth center.
I want my husband to be present at birth.
I want to be able to take photos and videos.
I want mobility, walk around, use a ball, bathtub, take a shower.
For my pain releave I wish massage, hot and cold packs, dimmed light, relaxing music, breathing exercises, essential oils.
Regarding episiotomy, I am hoping to protect the perineum. I would appreciate guidance when to push and when to stop pushing so the perineum can stretch.
I wish to use a mirror to see the baby crowns. Touch the head.
I wish umbilical cord to be cut only after it stops pulsating.
I wish Gary to cut baby's umbilical cord.
Immediatly following the birth, I plan to keep my baby near me. I would appreciate the evaluation of the baby be done with a baby on my abdomen, with both of us covered with warm blankets, unless it's unusual situation.
I wish to see placenta before discarded.
I appreciate if you don't give the baby formula, sugar water and pacifier.
I want a midwive to check the baby's blood for RH+.
If we need to be transfered to the clinic, I, my husband and our child want to be always together.

She checked my baby's heart, it was perfect. His head is not down yet. My blood pressure and urine was OK.

We had our 1st birth preparation class. It really helped with a birthing fear. Midwive told us that birth is natural, don't need s big list to prepare for it, you need only love and two hands. She told us it is so important to sit and walk straight, keep your chest open for the baby and your lungs. Also it is important to sit with your hips open. She showed us all the poses we can do during contractions with our husbands. The best part of this class was relaxation exercise, when a woman lays down and does nothing and the husband does amazing stuff to relax her body.
Also we need to sit up from a laying position like grandmas; from your back, on the side and push your body up with hands. We need to protect abdominal muscles from separating and so on....

Sounds all very positive hun :)

When you say baby isn't head down yet do you mean engaged or baby is Breech? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"