December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Welcome and congrats conina!

Zig I agree with Jen. If you're comfortable tell people and if not make up some excuse then tell them to kind their own business if they push.

Sab, yay for a wonderful scan and the heartbeat!

Getting really tired of hearing from my bosses mouth how "it's still so early" when it comes to a new person finding out I'm preggo. I think I can decide who I want to tell and who I don't. Most don't know, but people that I work in very close relation with I've told if nothing else out of courtesy. We currently are going through this huge system upgrade and releases happen in waves. I missed the first one as I was out with my son and I'll miss the third one as I'll be out with this child. Besides, what difference does it make to him. I'm not his wife and this isn't his baby to worry over. I know he means well, but it's so discouraging and I feel like my bubble is popped when he says that.

Ziggie I haven't told anyone but if there's any reason to I will. I didn't tell anyone last time and it didn't stop the loss. I ended up telling my mum I was miscarrying instead of telling her I was pregnant. So it's up to you but if I were you I wouldn't hesitate to tell family anyway.

But I'll be leaving telling work as long as I can!!

I waited till my 12 week scan with number 1 I told everyone with number 2,3 and 4 right from the start I am only not saying anything this time becwuse I am afraid that people will be negative.

on another point though it was great fun and exciting to ring everyone after my scan with great news and I didnt have anyone to ring the other times as they already knew.

oh and thank god I told people last year because my mum died when I was 8 weeks preg so im glad she knew

aww great scan pic Jennifaerie!!!

Gregs- I can't stop eating either... ugh.. i had chocolate for
breakfast :haha:

Sabster-- woohoo, yay for a great heartbeat!

conina- welcome!

Brilliant, I'm so glad others are feeling hungry all the time! i keep trying to tell myself it's just in my head but honestly, i could eat Jaffa Cakes (and anything else i can get my hands on) all day long!!!!! I'm having to make sure i go for my daily jog even when i'm tired to even it out. With number 1 i had HG from week 5 and ate hardly anything throughout whole pregnancy (had to keep going to hosp to be rehydrated) so its a different experience this time so far!!!!

Congratulations all new members to the group :thumbup:

I've just had my dinner and golly I could eat it all again twice! :haha:

I am the opposite. I don't want to eat anything. When I finally think I have figured out something I might want to eat I find that it doesn't taste good and I have to force myself to eat.

I have pretty much all day nausea. I haven't actually thrown up. I am grateful for that. Maybe if I ate more I wouldn't be so nauseous. Just the thought of eating is enough to make me throw up though.

It's funny how different pregnancy is for each person.

Yeah...and its funny how each pregnancy is different for the same woman. I was dry heaving like a mad woman with number 1, now I just get the occasional touch of nausea. It happens pretty much daily, but it's nothing like it was with my son. I do feel like I'm more tired this go round, but I can't really tell if I'm just tired cause I'm preggo or also because I have a 10 month old do keep entertained. I'm sure it's a combination. I remember being exhausted with my son, but I feel like I found fall over dead at any moment most times, lol.

Ziggie - Here is my opinion, everyone feels differently about this issue. I personally don't wait to tell people. Especially family and close friends. The reason is that if the worst happened and I had a miscarriage I would definitely want support from my family and close friends. The last time I was pregnant I had a miscarriage. I found it harder to talk to people that hadn't known I was pregnant. When people you are close to (or see often like co-workers) ask you how you are doing and your world feels like it has ended due to a loss the last thing you want to do at that point is explain from the beginning that you were pregnant and you miscarried. The other option was to say I was fine and pretend nothing happened. That was even more difficult. It was all I could think about and I really needed to talk about it. I found that having support from my family and close friends helped get me through a really difficult time.

With my first pregnancy we told everyone right away. Even though that pregnancy ended in a loss when I found out I was pregnant this time I decided that I wouldn't change anything. We told our parents and siblings within a couple days of finding out ourselves. We have also told some of our friends and coworkers as well.

Some people prefer to keep things to themselves. If you would not want people to know if you had a miscarriage then I would say wait to tell them about the pregnancy until you are further along. If you feel that you would tell your parents or siblings if you did have a miscarriage then I think there is no problem with telling them about your pregnancy now.

You have to do what feels right for you.

Thank you, a bit of rationale :)

Well... I don't think I do want to tell them. I don't really like the intrusion and if something happened, it's not them I'd seek comfort from (in the nicest possible way). So for me, I'd feel worse if everyone knew something had gone wrong.

So there's my answer isn't it! I'm going to try the uti/antibiotics route. We've even dug out a packet of the ones you really can't drink on for effect lol. My boyfriend isn't coming with me, which I think makes it harder to lie, but will try my best!

This little thing had better hang on in there with all the efforts I'm going to for it already, little monster! :haha:

Zig I only tell people I really can't hide it from like my girls (they seem to know I'm pregnant before I do!!) And anyone else I'm really close with and would lean on if theworst should happen. Everybody else can guess on! :haha:

We are going to book in for an early scan, so I think if all goes well then we will tell a few select people and family. I'm going away for 2 weeks when I'd hit 12 weeks, so makes sense... Now that's another story all in itself, and I will be asking for advice nearer the time all going well....!!!!

As for symptoms etc! I don't feel so much today. Boobs and nips are calmer. I'm still sat in bed LOL :D but definitely don't feel sick! Hungry maybe!!!! And I've slept well for 2 nights now!! So feeling ok :) although this doesn't actually reassure me, it makes me want to run out and buy more tests! Damn you brain!!!!!

Ziggie I think its best to just do what you feel comfortable with. I'm sure the antibiotics will be a good 'excuse' just remember that you aren't happy that you can't drink alcohol :haha:

I feel like i drank a bottle of vodka last night - :sick: , dizzy and like I need my bed :haha:
My stomach is ridiculously bloated as well, my work trousers that usually hang off me feel tight :cry:
I keep reading that I shouldn't be eating for two but if thats the case why am I always hungry :haha: I'm really, really trying not to eat crap but all I really want are carbs and cheese, the thought of fruit makes me want to heave unless its fresh juice although I can't get enough vegetables I want to eat them with everything!!

Is anyone else annoyingly crampy? Doesnt help I have to run after my 15 month old haha

Gregs I'm always hungry too and generally give in to what I want within reason... like you I'm on carb and dairy overload at the moment... I'm craving strawberry too but when I got a punnet the other day I was really pee'd off that they didn't taste of anything and threw them out in a tantrum :rofl:

Gregs I'm always hungry too and generally give in to what I want within reason... like you I'm on carb and dairy overload at the moment... I'm craving strawberry too but when I got a punnet the other day I was really pee'd off that they didn't taste of anything and threw them out in a tantrum :rofl:

:rofl: i threw strawberries out last week because they went soft too quickly and I didn't get to eat any!!

I just rang the midwife and she's seeing me today at 1pm! Wasn't expecting that :D I'm off work, but when I go back I'm going to really struggle for time so she said come in! So nervous I could cry! Don't think boyfriend can come as he's out and about (he has flexible work).... Eeeek!!!

I'm ALWAYS hungry normally, so being hungry now isn't crazy!! In fact I haven't eaten yet so I'm starving!!

Eta, oh man she's just called me back as she's got to go as a woman has gone into labour! Daaaaamn! Drawbacks of living in a tiny rural place!!! Talk about emotional roller coaster lol

Hi, I'm due around December 17th but I'm thinking more to the end of the month.

Hiya all had my scan and baby is still doing fine. Had abdominal scan today and it's measuring 7mm which they said is 6+3 which I'm now obviously stressing about! Do you think it's measuring too far behind?

It was only measuring 1.8 mm last week so it has grown a significant amount

Welcome and congrats Vick!

I think you're ok cazi, and yay for a good scan.

Not so much always hungry, but I am having to eat more as I just didn't eat much before being preggo. That's hard, but I'm apparently doing alright with it from the fact that I'm wearing this damn belly band to keep my unbuttoned pants up, lol. I've been craving cereal lately. Gonna have a nice big bowl when I get to work. Got excites when I remembered I had cereal and milk at work.

I have a feeling my staff will suspect soon if they don't already seeing how I've been sick in the bathroom and I have a nosey nebby that doesn't know when to quit asking questions, and I jacked this guy for his chips from qdoba one day, lol.

The size of the foetus at this point is so tiny that even a mm out can change the date. My scan measured at 6w5d at 7w2d and I'm not worried about it. My dd measured teeny as well. :) she'd caught up by my scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->