December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Urgh I'm sorry you're all feeling sick :( Deffo try ginger. If you have mint, make sure it's peppermint essential oil. It calms the muscle contractions in your gut.

I don't feel sick at all, and the grass is always greener lol! Plenty of time for me to feel rotten, and as much as I don't want to I feel like maybe I SHOULD feel sick!

Also awake at 4.30am.... booooooo.

I called my ob's answering service(they were closed today) and they told me to go to the er so I decided to go. They prescribed me zofran and told me to drink ginger ale for the rest of the day instead of water so I've been doing that and its been helping sooo much. I can actually eat and not feel nauseous after every bite and I haven't thrown up once since I took the zofran.
They diagnosed me with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which I never even knew what it was before today. I am still going to bring this up to my ob but I dont see him until the 15th so good thing I went in today.
Thank you all for you suggestions I also heard peppermint helps but haven't tried it yet so I will give that a try tomorrow:thumbup:

I thought you had HG but didn't want to scare you with saying that. Glad you called and got situated hun. Now you can feel better and eat!

Glad you got the MS sorted Abii - I also though HG when I read your original post. I have ginger ale when I feel a bit nauseous and it's great. My ob advised eating as if you've had gastroenteritis as well so lots of plain carbs :hugs:

ND - I've heard that the heartbeat can be heard around 8 weeks with a Doppler :happydance: I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered. Read an article on one of the pregnancy apps I have that said I shouldn't use a Doppler at home though as they don't know what damage it can cause with using them as often as we probably would :shrug:

AFM not much going on just having a chilled weekend with OH eating carbs like they are going out of fashion :haha: the brown spotting has gone nausea hasn't and feel like heaving when I brush my teeth. My boobs seem to have stopped hurting :shrug: just hoping all ok and it's not just symptoms from taking progesterone (they are only 10mg tablets twice a day)

Hope everyone having a good weekend :flower:

I didn't use it much with ds and probably will use it even less with this one as I don't feel as freaked out with this pregnancy. After trying for two with ds I was so scared something would happen. I don't feel that way this time around. I only did it two days in a row so hubbs found hear it. May use it once or twice more in first tri. Hopefully I'll get lucky and be able to feel this baby move early on like with ds then I really won't ever use it. In second and third tri I really only used it when I felt like da want moving as much as he should be.

To be honest I've decided a lot of the things on this pregnancy apps just scare first time mums. I just saw an article about being cautious with mobile phone use as well :shrug: I don't want to use mine often I just wanted it for those emergency days when you lose the positivity :dohh:

Exactly! My mom thought I was crazy for having one, but then she was all excited and wants to record the baby's hb when she gets here for ds b'day, lol. My mom is nuts, lol!

I also though HG too but didn't want to scare you, glad you got it sorted honey :)

I am so OVER this nausea, the only break I get is when I'm sleeping. I really shouldn't complain because I'm truly blessed but :sick: :( I'm going to try ginger ale, I've been avoiding it because of the heartburn but I think I'd rather suffer with that.

I used my doppler every day from 7 weeks - 12 weeks with Archie, I found it a real life saver and frankly worth every single penny! I doubt I'll use it as much this time but we'll see :haha:

how much is a doppler ladies? I will look into it. def gonna talk about it with my Hubby.

I ordered mine off fetaldoppler.net and it was $54 I believe. If you go through drug store they can run you up to $300, so don't go that route, lol.

Mines the sonoline b and I got it from amazon for £50

I got mine from eBay similar to the sonoline b for £25.99 just waiting for it to finally get here with the really quick postal service here :coffee: :growlmad:

Once I've had my first scan I might indulge.... But I think I'd just panic myself and get obsessive lol

Ive got the Angelsounds but i've been looking at getting the Sonoline B after i've had my first scan xx

I had the angelsounds one and it was rubbish in comparison x

I have the sonoline b. The only thing I'll say is for ladies that haven't used one before is that it can take a bit to find the hb the first time so don't freak out. It will help if you can remember where your doc found it with the Doppler if they use one, cause baby is typically in the same spot after that. There are also really good YouTube videos to help you determine the difference between your pulse, placental sounds and the baby's hb.

Thank you ladies, I am so glad I can finally eat! I love food and the past 4 days before I got the zofran were hell for me:dohh: I am still going to take it easy but last night I went all out and got some pizza haha I think Ill stick to a bland diet as long as I can until the HG goes away.

And I got my doppler off amazon for like $15, it was an sonoline b. My life saver with dd because she was such a lazy baby sometimes. I will get another one for this baby after my next ultrasound:)

Oh dang I just realized how much more expensive they are now..thats crazy! I swear I got mine for like only 15 bucks so its crazy that now its almost 100 on amazon.
Ebay is way cheaper

Ooh i wish i could get one of those. I doubt oh will let me though :(

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back