December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Cazi - I couldn't find puds the otherday it took me 3 attempts... the little monkey had moved to a completely different side :dohh:

I also find I struggle to find it this early if I haven't eaten, need the toilet :blush: and if my bladder is empty xx

Just chiming in to say.....

ASPARAGUS DOES MAKE YOUR WEE SMELL FUNNY!!!!!!!

I eat a lot of it... So I know these things. In fact, it always amazes me how quickly after you eat it it does it!!!!

Found it sooooo happy! I cannot wait to get out of 1st tri!

I forgot who, but another nurse on here had asked if my hospital had a policy on letting prego nurses avoid ID patients. I still take mrsa, c-diff, resistant E. coli, pna patients. Just not measles, shingles, chicken pox, TB, or patients currently receiving chemo. There's no policy, it's a larger hospital so there are enough nurses to make it work, and it's more of an understanding that KU nurses won't get those patients. Of course I float so it's frustrating that I have to tell the charge every shift....oh well.

We're having an outbreak of measles in our community right now. I know it's a hot button subject, but I find it so maddening that there exist people who refuse to vaccinate, with the hundreds of studies that have been done re: autism, and how thoroughly it's been debunked. Also my BnB banner is some dumb new book from jenny McCarthy. Ugh.

End rant.

Yes it had gone to my left! Quite a long way too!

Puddin did exactly the same :haha: he went from far right to far left!

Feeling miserable. This 24 hr constant nausea feeling is getting to me. Been sick this morning.

What are you all doing for sickness?

Sorry you feel like poo Vic. I'm not struggling with it so much this time, but last time I did ginger ale and I ate. I've hear sour things help as well as mint. This to round I have a ginger ale and crackers every morning so I don't know if that's why I'm having a better go at it, but something to think about.

Try to never let yourself be hungry! It's a cycle, because you're sick. You don't eat, and then you get sicker! The midwife told me to snack on nuts, because it helps maintain energy. It works REALLY well. She said when you eat crackers or carbs as a snack to get rid of nausea it spikes your energy, which is what causes nausea! Haha so try proteins and fats as snacks. Also, try B6 with Unisom. Or just the B6 in the day if you can't be tired :)

Eeeeuw sorry you're feeling so sick :(

I still don't even have a whiff of nausea. In fact, I've had a constant stream of food going into my mouth today...

My veins are showing on my stomach now (even through the podge). I think I look like the hulk :D

We decided on our game plan too... Booking another private scan at approx 10 weeks so we can tell our parents, and check everything is ok, as I go away in June. Then my nhs scan is booked for the 9th of June just before I go :) so breaks things up nicely!! Only 3 weeks till the next scan.... Hurry up time!!!!!!

How is everyone else today?

I'm doing well. Having the world's best sandwhich right now! I've been craving one, but haven't had it cause of the whole you're not to suppose to eat deli meat thing, but this place grills the meat then sticks it on the sandwhich, so totally ok! It's devine! I was a grouch earlier, but this has definitely helped sooth my mood, lol. I told my my boss that hungry pregnant lady is definitely not where he wants to be, lol. He even came back to check on me later and see how I was...definitely was in rare form earlier, lol.

Feeling miserable. This 24 hr constant nausea feeling is getting to me. Been sick this morning.

What are you all doing for sickness?

I was doing really great but I started struggling in the mornings... I dont get nausea but I get really bad acid reflux in the morning. I try to eat relatively soon afterwaking up andthat helps. I also ad a bigger than usual lunch today and now I feel like CRAP. Its like Im going to puke at any second but I am trying to hold it together... burping seems to help....

other than that just feeling extremely tired these last few days. My work schedule is packed so I wont get a break until victoria day weekend.

We are trying to decide if we want this genetic screening and neck measuring - dont know what its called in English. I have a scan on friday and that day we should inform the doctor about our decision, sign papers etc.

My initial decision is no, I dont need additional stress, the accuracy and the validity of the tests are somewhat questionable, the test is damn expensive etc..., but hubby says it would be nice to be informed before hand. Any ideas? I am 32 years old.

pathos:

we are doing the nuchal translucency test. its costly but we decided to go ahead with it because we will not continue the pregnancy if there is a high chance of chromosonal defects. its a very personal choice. if the tests results wouldnt change your mind then theres no point in doing it.

I know that the test is based on ratios and probabilities. if you get let's say 1 in 100 chance based on the blood test and the ultrasound, they will go ahead and do another test ( the poking the placenta with a needle) to confirm or to debunk the original prognosis...

i know that chances also increase dramatically with age, but I think the big deal is when you are over 35... i am 29 so my chances are OK. but We will still go ahead with the testing.

I'm good thanks very sick tho! Sorry to hear others are suffering with it too.

As for the NT test we have decided not to have it done. We didn't gave it done with our DD. It's a very personal decision and a tough one. If you got a yes no answer from the scan and blood test I would have it done but I wouldn't gave an amnio done as for me the risk of m/c is too high and I know I'm just going to worry over the 1/??? Chance I get. As I say it's a personal decision and I understand why people do/don't have it done.

I will have it done, I would rather know if I'm honest also I'm 35 so at greater risk... It is a very personal choice x

We are having it done and we did it with dd. My nephew has down syndrome and hubbs brother was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at birth. It didn't matter to us, and still doesn't. We're having the baby regardless, but but what swayed my decision with ds (I originally said no) was my midwife saying that if there was an issue, they could have a specialized pediatrician team there at birth instead of having to call someone in and wait as you don't know if you'll need them or not.

It is very personal, and I honestly don't know what the coat is as our insurance covers it. But whatever decision you make I'm sure it will be the right one for your family.

Pathos- at 32 you're not yet considered high risk. We plan to have it done since insurance covers it, and it's another chance to admire baby. Not sure it would affect our decision, but if I got a high chance of downs, I'd like to be prepared at birth. Blood tests can determine trisomy, and some trisomies are terminal, meaning you would be strongly encouraged to terminate. Having had a termination myself (for medical reasons), I can tell you that the earlier in the pregnancy you can do it, the easier it is- mentally, physically and emotionally (not that it's ever easy...it's the worst thing in the whole world). So there's that to consider- would you terminate for downs? For trisomy? If not, then if the expense is unreasonable, there's really no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->