December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I'm sure all the US ladies are going "funky whaaaaat??" Lol

Pathos C just lived in vests and baby-gros for the first few months. I was also team yellow (and will be again, my hospital won't tell you the gender so if you want to know you have to go for a private scan) so we just had lots of white vests and baby-gros. More than you think you'll need, they go through a LOT of clothes at that age!

We got loads of 3-6 months clothes as presents so apart from vests (which no-one gives as presents!) We didn't need too much.

Oh and muslin squares. Can't have too many of them!

thanks conina.. arrr :blush: first baby here.. muslin squares? what they are used for? why do i need them?

Do glad it's not just me feeling like a blimp. I'm so obsessed with it that I looked back aw previous appts to get my weight and it turns out I gained 10lbs in first tri, but lost 5 of them in 2nd tri at one point, so I think that's what balanced me out. Please let that happen again! And I gained 29 overall...still not bad, but I still wish I could be that skinny chick for 9 months.

Pathos, mw and hubbs had that conflict. I let him fine out for his b'day. Hr would have kept the secret from me and everyone else cause I he knew I would have killed him. The only reason I found out is cause the lady typed the gender while my eyes were closed. Boy has three letters girl has four...plus my son was spread eagle as soon as she places the Bobby on my belly, lol. I told myself it was the cord, bit I already knew, lol. So maybe you guys can do something like that it you think he won't spill the beans.

Summer baby here, so I've no idea what you should get, but I just plan on winging it. Especially since we are staying team yellow this time! I'm pretty much just gonna get a take home outfit for each gender and some neutral long sleeve onesies and sleep sacks. If it's a boy we have everything else, if it's a girl I'll to on a shopping spree later!

Muslin squares - they're just squares of cloth to use to mop up spit up or to put on your shoulder when you're burping them. We also used to fold them under his head in the cot (tucking in the edges under the mattress so there was no chance of going over his face) so if he spit up in his sleep you didn't have to change the sheet each time.

I should say C was also a summer baby so this is just what we did for him!!

ND do you think your boys' clothes will do if it's a boy again or will the season make a big difference? I'm kinda thinking if we get a few warm clothes for going over the top of things, in the house it should be warm enough to wear the same again. In NI there's not enough difference between summer and winter!!

My back and hips and groin have been aching so bad and yesterday I felt very crampy...not the usual crampy so I assume it was stretching, but today I had a listen in on the Doppler for reassurance. I'm finding him/her very easy while standing now and the hb is strong and loud. Today was also the first day I picked up his/her movement. I thought I felt flutters the other day a couple times since, but today I felt one just as I heard it on the Doppler. Now I want the all the time movement that I know is my peanut. Very excited about that. Makes the me feeling fat totally worth it!

Conina...it will make a slight difference, but there will be months that it will work fine. The winter stuff I can just roll up, but the summer stuff I'll have to buy a few items for.

ND - i've been getting weird pain in the join between leg and groin, if i move too quickly its like a pulled muscle :shrug: and had a bit of sciatic pain today on the same side may go see osteopath about it as a friend said maybe my pelvis is not aligned correctly

GP, sounds like your body is adjusting to the pregnancy. You're at a point where things are really gonna start stretching and pulling as baby grows. Also there are round ligament pains which if you move to fast or the wrong way really quickly it can have that affect of a pinch or feeling like a pulled muscle. Some cases are more severe than others, but it's usually just the pinch feeling. I had it really bad with ds pretty much from 17 weeks on...hopefully things will already be stretched this go round. But basically as your uterus grows you have round ligaments that run down it going into the groin/pelvic area and they stretch to accommodate the growth of your uterus and also act like a shelf to support your uterus. So that could be what you're experiencing. The back pain I would say is just again your body trying to accommodate. Your bones will stretch too so that could be the achiness you're feeling.

Ahh again all the joys of pregnancy its a wonderful time really :haha: I'll probably go see osteopath in a few weeks just for advice, she helped a friend when she was pregnant with aches n pains. I've had the groin pain pretty much since I got BFP but last week or so its been a little worse especially with the fast movements.

So! Just an update on me, and what's going on in my life. Things have seemed to change a lot. I haven't been able to keep up on here because of that. My OH and me are officially separated. He said that he fell out of love with me! My reaction was really emotional, and at the end I decided to keep him out of my life for awhile. He has had me on this emotional roller coaster for about a month now, with just telling me the way he feels a few days ago. I need so much needed "me" time. I think because this has kinda been going on for so long, I am not really reacting to it. Weird.

Anyways, last night I went to see The Neighbors with my mom! Sooooo funny. The family part made me sad, but all around it was good.

I feel LESS pregnant these days. I have hit ten weeks, and have a bit more energy. Feel less sick, but had a HUGE increase in discharge. Less cramps now, and more achy feeling! Thanks for listening to my rant. I needed to talk to other pregnant ladies about this..... Hope everyone is feeling alright

headed to my ultrasound in a few mins.. im so very nervous.. the lack of symptoms has me freaking out. Hoping to see a nice healthy little sprout!

Hopeful, I'm so sorry to hear about you and your hubbs. I hope that things can be worked out between you two. Me and hubbs went through that...kind of still coming out of it, so I know how you feel about being non-reactive at this point. How are you feeling pregnancy wise? Hope everything is good there and you're not stressing. I know it's hard especially with everything going on, but maybe now you can have that you time and relax.

Good luck bug! Can't wait to see the pic!

So a little bit of an emotional trip for me today. Had my heart set on some chinese food and my boss and I were gonna go. Last minute before we step outside he tells me he thinks he's just gonna get something in the building...really!!!! He's constantly trying to be the "yes sir" candidate. His boss, my boss's boss, wanted him to call him during our staff meeting and he didn't want to be late with that. Ummm, my boss's boss is out on leave right now cause he just had shoulder surgery and according to our medical department he's not even supposed to have anything to do with work cause of the pain meds. I just hate how things work here. I seriously almost cried...hormones I'm sure. But hubbs brought me something.

Then yesterday I come to find out how our director of health and welfare is an insensitive prick! He said how we need to reevaluate our health coverage offered to employees and then says "you know what it costs to have a baby...$15k...it's ridiculous, and a c-section is like $25k...we have to do something about this!" If I was in that meeting I swear I would have lost my job for jumping across the table and punching him in the face. First word that came to mind was discriminatory and next was offended. I'm pregnant, have been pregnant and had a c-section...not the way I wanted to give birth mind you, but that's fine...you just figure out how you can keep being a douche bag.

I can't wait til we move so I can get out of here.

Hopeful really hope things work out for the best, we will all be here to listen whenever you need to talk/rant/shout :hugs:

Bug - can't wait to see your scan pic and update

ND - your work sounds almost as wonderful as mine. Glad your hubby got you something good to eat :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Well, we live and hour and a half away. So there's some distance. I was feeling really really good today! Then his mom messaged me on FB. I know she meant well but I just wanted to be like "Can you give me a FEW days to grieve. Without thinking about him?!" She said "He really cares about you, and is really concerned" and reading it just made me wanna scream cry! He really cares?! Really, he does?! Cuz I have been on his fucked up roller coaster for a month. Pregnant with his kid?! And I have up school, and work for this. Cuz he wanted me to TRUST him. When he said one month later that he "fell out of love" cuz he couldn't handle TWO WEEKS of arguments. Which was the first time in our WHOLE relationship. She's right. He must care SO much. Ugh. I hate this. Doing this pregnant is so so so hard. I feel so defeated :(

Pathos - I am in the same boat :D he wants to find out, I don't!!! I think I will win :p

Bug - can't wait to hear about your scan!!!!!!

Hopeful - so sorry you're in this position. He sounds like he needs to grow up... :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Well, we live and hour and a half away. So there's some distance. I was feeling really really good today! Then his mom messaged me on FB. I know she meant well but I just wanted to be like "Can you give me a FEW days to grieve. Without thinking about him?!" She said "He really cares about you, and is really concerned" and reading it just made me wanna scream cry! He really cares?! Really, he does?! Cuz I have been on his fucked up roller coaster for a month. Pregnant with his kid?! And I have up school, and work for this. Cuz he wanted me to TRUST him. When he said one month later that he "fell out of love" cuz he couldn't handle TWO WEEKS of arguments. Which was the first time in our WHOLE relationship. She's right. He must care SO much. Ugh. I hate this. Doing this pregnant is so so so hard. I feel so defeated :(

Oh hun...I know EXACTLY how you feel. Me and my hubbs would argue about dumb stuff which you know...I expect and argument here or there, but for him he thought we were so odd and that no other couple was like us. I know that every couple pretty much has the same arguments and I just figured it was what it was. My world unraveled and then three days later I found out I was pregnant, so I get it. We've been seeing a counselor and it really is helping.

What I will say is that men and women really are two different creatures and think about things so differently...hence my above statement about the arguments. Do you mind if I ask how you two are? Do you want him back? If so, do you think he'd be opposed to counseling or something similar? My hubbs needed someone to hear and understand him and be able to relate to him so he also sees our counselor by himself and he says it helps. I will never be able to relate to him like he needs cause I'm not a man...bottom line.

I don't think he would have fallen out of love with you over an arugment or in two weeks. I will say I told my hubbs that before and it couldn't have been further from the truth...I was just tired of being treated like shit. But I still thought about him, worried about him, craved to have his touch, to have his love...I just wanted to be treated like I should as his wife.

I think if you two want to work it out, especially now that there is a child involved then, then maybe a cool down is what you need for now and when you're both ready try to talk or figure out how you will heal. But honestly now is a good time for that cool down period with you being fairly newly preggo. You don't need the stress right now, or ever, but definitely not right now.

We're here to listen, talk, cry, shout with you whenever you need. And when that baby gets here, whatever you and your hubbs decided we'll be here for that too!

Ziggie, hubbs wants to find out this time too, but I've already won that battle, lol. We only found out, like I said it was only supposed to be him, cause I was letting him find out for his b'day with ds. Nothing budging this time and I've told him that. I told him that if he didn't close his eyes or turn his head when the tech tells us to, that I was kicking him out the room, lol! He just went classic male and said "it's my baby too". So I went classic female and said "yeah, but it's my body, my doctor appt so deal with it...whatever I say is what they will do." Lol...are so silly thinking they run things...we just let them think that, lol.

Haha ND. He's already told the midwife he knows who's going to get their own way when she asked lol he can't keep a secret! And he's already dying to start buying things... He'd buy gender related toys, no doubt about it. I think it will be exciting to find out :D I've had friends who've found out the sex, picked the name and announced it all before baby was born, and to be honest, it was an anti climax when the baby came... But that's just my own preference, each to their own!!!!!

This morning I think I said I wanted to feel pregnant. Well, I don't feel it still, but OMG don't know what I've eaten but the GAS. All kinds of gas!!! I feel like a helium balloon. And the pimples are coming out in full force...... Lesson is - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!! :D :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->