December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Pathos- as far as clothing, I plan to just get all variety of layers, as well as one or two warm "snowsuits" or the like.

As far as the gender- DH and I want two kids, so we've decided to find out gender for the first, and be team yellow for the second baby. He doesn't want to know and I ALWAYS want to know everything :)

Haven't had a chance to catch up, Packing is my new pet hate!! The housing association sprung it on me Tuesday that we can pick the keys up for the house tomorrow so we have from two pm tomorrow to half past 9 Monday morning to get moved and have the keys for this place back and to top it off hubby's been working all hours god sends, Archie has four of his top teeth coming through and has a cold... as do I.... ugh!! :brat:

Lol that wasn't supposed to turn into a moan sorry :wacko:

No Doubt- Thank you SO much. Idk. We literally never really argued before that couple weeks. There were minor disagreements here and there, but nothing serious. We were amazing! Actually. Even during the few weeks. We never "yelled" at one another or anything. Just animosity. Idk who he is anymore. He's very religious, and I'm not. He is 26, and was a virgin before we slept together. Now he is getting sucked into "premarital" sex. That he shouldn't have done it, and his mom gave me this huge coming to god speech. I feel like everyone keeps talking about how we made this HUGE mistake, and I feel like we made a HUGE miracle. We wanted to get married, and have kids anyways. I just don't get it. We had the ultimate love story. He's so sucked into fear, and judgement. Guilt. I cry almost everyday. I'm constantly learning new things that break my heart. Ugh. His moms poking and prodding. Talking about how he sinned, and did this, and now we are paying the consequence is NOT helping!!

First of all, tell her to shut up!

I thought you two were married...and he is young and does need to mature a bit. Honestly this is probably all very hard for him to process. His faith and feeling like he betrayed it and then finding out that he is going to be a father...that's a lot to handle at 26. And it sounds like his mother is feeding him...maybe not telling him to go, but her whole come to Jesus talk is creeping into his head. My hubbs finally had to make a decision when we got married, both of us were 24. I didn't push him into the decision. His mother kept thinking that she deserved first place in his life and she would quote bible scriptures when it suited her insanity. I finally quoted a a few of my own how a man leaves his mother and father and joins to his wife, how a husband and wife are one. Yeah, she didn't like that. But hubbs knew it and just didn't want to rock the boat with me or his mom for that matter, but her mouth finally got in her way and that was the final sway where my hubbs stopped being neutral and handed it to his mom.

I'm saying this to say that especially for a man at 26, he's so not even there yet. He's gonna have to grow up fast now, but I do think he can get there given time and support. Unfortunately it is gonna be a bit of a rush job with a baby on the way. But what I will say is that my hubbs gets to be his immature self with our son when he's wrestling and playing with him and even when he plays xbox and ds just watches or wants to hold the controller. It's a balancing act really.

Maybe if you suggested counseling from the perspective of "we were gonna get married and most churches/pastors suggest marriage counseling before hand, how about we try it" perspective he would be a willing participant. And if you went through his church, that may be even better for him. I still say give time to die down, time really does help...we had to step away from everything for a bit...and then when you both can sit down and talk throw it out there. I think once he's had a chance to breath, he'll come back you...besides, you guys are gonna have to talk eventually...about the baby if nothing else.

Fantastic advice from ND.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. No matter what religion you hail from, abandoning your unborn child and his mother for "religious reasons" is never the right thing to do.

looks like it is my time to leave.. no heartbeat on the ultrasound... baby only measuring 7 weeks (should have been 8+6). I'm devastated.

No doubt: No! We are not married. I didn't really know what to call him, cuz we were basically married. So I just called him OH. I thought that's what you called them when you're not married, but together bah haha. Believe me, I wanted to tell her to shut up! But I was the graceful women I am, and was kind. You're right about the time thing. Man, I love him so much. He drives me nuts, but he's the love of my life. I really don't know what I'll do if he doesn't come around. I'll be sad, and move on. Probably. Thanks for the helpful advice! I really don't know how to handle any of this stuff. I wish I did. I'm just trying to take time. It's hard though. At least I know he won't abandon our peanut, or me. We just may not be "together".

Bugs: I am so so so so sorry hun. We are here to support you if you need to talk!

Fantastic advice from ND.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. No matter what religion you hail from, abandoning your unborn child and his mother for "religious reasons" is never the right thing to do.

Thank you! Yeah. He's making some tough decisions

Winter clothes...DS was long so we were in 0-3 mth clothes from birth through winter. Sleepers and sleep sacks were what he lived in. Never used the snowsuit that was given to us. Instead we had a carrier cover that was lined with fleece (it was fantastic!) Much easier than getting him in and out of a snowsuit.

Hopeful - hope he comes around soon hun. I don't know if I could've bitten my tongue like you did with his mom. You're a much better woman than I am.

Bugs - I'm so sorry to hear. :hugs:

Hey ladies I had my ultrasound today and we got to hear bubs heartbeat finally, it was a beautiful moment<3 he/she was also moving around alot, it was cute. And my due date was changed from the 6th to the 8th
If you guys want to see my u/s pic you can look at my journal, I feel like an asshole for posting it and not reading through the last few pages first:(

looks like it is my time to leave.. no heartbeat on the ultrasound... baby only measuring 7 weeks (should have been 8+6). I'm devastated.

Oh no:( Im so sorry:hugs:

So sorry bugs :( :hugs:

Andi - what a beautiful scan :hugs:

Hey ladies I had my ultrasound today and we got to hear bubs heartbeat finally, it was a beautiful moment<3 he/she was also moving around alot, it was cute. And my due date was changed from the 6th to the 8th
If you guys want to see my u/s pic you can look at my journal, I feel like an asshole for posting it and not reading through the last few pages first:(

Glad all was well with your scan Abii :flower: (i can't see pictures my work kindly blocks anything interesting :dohh::haha:)

I'm so sorry buggs. That's how we discovered our mc too-there's nothing worse than going to your scan all hopeful to be told that. That's why I'm not getting too excited this time until my scan is over. We're all here for you honey :hugs:

Hopeful it sounds like your oh is being v immature. Even if his church teaches no sex before marriage, he obviously made the decision to do it, and I doubt that any religion would say that if you're suddenly feeling guilty about it it's Ok to leave your pregnant partner...

Counselling sounds like a good idea. Hopefully someone else will wise him up!!

bug i am very sorry for your loss :sadangel: :hugs:

Abii beautiful scan :baby:

Hopeful, i am sorry about what you have been going through. Well by upsetting a pregnant woman and abandoning his unborn child, I think he has found a perfect way to undone his "sin"! Yes create more reasons to feel guilty, break hearts - that's how forgiveness works in religions :wacko:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->