December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Zig I would be pissed too. Luckily for others I tend to be more mellow during pregnancy. Otherwise I would have definitely ripped into someone!

And yay for the hb! Definitely sounds like you found it.

Thanks ladies!!

Marla - I'm sure the steroids are fine, they wouldn't have given you them otherwise!

ND - I'm not backwards about coming forwards most of the time, but I was getting choked up and tearful!!! Deffo not like me!

I can definitely relate! I almost cried yesterday cause I couldn't have ice cream. I got home and there was none...I didn't know I'd eaten the last of it the other day as hubbs made it for me and he didn't say anything. So when I opened the freezer door, nothing... I called him at work cause sometimes they run out and he works right up the street and he can drop it off, so he said he had to run out and would drop it by...twice he went out and twice he forgot, so no ice cream for me. This after mind you a not so great day, as with everything I'm trying to get taken care of piling up on me I had a little cry at my desk yesterday morning, then yesterday when walking to my bus my dress flew up in the wind and I'm sure everyone saw a good 93% of my butt! It was taking me forever to bunch it up and get it controlled cause it's one of those if you twirl it flares out wide and it was really windy. Ice cream would have been nice after my day yesterday, but that didn't happen.

Of course your issue is of a more urgent nature than mine, lol.

Are you kidding??? Ice cream trumps everything!!!!! Did you get any in the end??!! How stressful :D

Been to docs, urine is clear, no problems there! Packed me off with a few things to sort me if I do feel something worsening or coming on.

Glad all is clear zig!

No, I didn't. I'm gonna pick some up today if hubbs hasn't already. And yes, I totally said that with a pout...

Here's my pic from this morning!

Attachments

• 12+2 #2.jpg
    12+2 #2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Well I just took the bull by the horns and ordered two semi baby related things..... Nervous now!

I bought a pregnancy journal, as I'd like to track it... And I bought a 'baby's first Christmas' bib :D I want to wrap it up with a scan photo for my parents next weekend to tell them. I will be 11 weeks by then.

Argh!!!!

And very cute bump!!!!!

Weirdly, two of my ex co-workers announced pregnancies on fb this week. One of them did so by posting a pic of baby wipes, baby-gros and baby shampoo and saying 'unusual things getting into our shopping these days'. I did think buying that type of stuff at this stage was VERY organised!

Haha oh man! All that sounds awesome! Buying stuff is so difficult, cuz it makes you nervous. I couldn't imagine waiting that long to tell my parents. That must be hard :/ I thought I would be more anxious to announce that I'm pregnant on FB now that I'm getting closer to the time that it would be okay to say it, but I'm not. I think I'm gonna wait awhile longer. Maybe until like 16 weeks? Hmmm idk! When are you guys sharing it on FB?

:happydance: ow cute bumps- i think what i have is also a bump, i ll try to take a pic tomorrow morning.

I didn't put it on fb first time round until I was about 6 months! Even then I didn't really announce it, I said something about having baby brain.

This time I think it'll be the same, especially after the mc we're even more cautious.

Obviously all our 'proper' friends knew about it anyway!

Hi ladies,

I was just catching up with the thread. Ive been super busy and tired and had a pretty wonky week, so.. here we go:

Doppler: My SIL got me one from one of her friends.. I tried it and couldnt hear the baby, so I took some orange juice and tried again a few days later. OH HELL YES, it was crazy in there all sorts of back and forth swimming going on and I recorded the heartbeat, so that was cool !!

Baby journals: I have one too... I have to start writting. I dunno what to say..." baby, you make my farts a biological weapon, I am obsessed with eating croissants and I cry when I see baby pet videos. PS: mommy loves you " LOL

FB announcements: Im at 12 weeks today YIPPI!!! but I am not sure if we will announce of FB.. I don't wanna be tacky and just mega post all my belly pics and ultrasounds and stuff... Maybe I'll say something when my belly is bigger and say " I guess eating watermelon seeds really does make babies.." HAHAHAHAHAH But my goal is not to bombard people with my pregnancy, those that are interested will call me and ask for pics, I know it!!!

zig: did your infection clear up?

Oh yah I forgot ! : I went for my first prenatal round of blood tests on Wednesday and I fainted...good thing my hubby was there because the nurse didnt even realize ( says my DH) and he pretty much caught me. it was weird and I felt really off all day after that...
I have pretty low blood pressure, and I had to fast for 12 hours... So I will be sure to let the nurses know next time so they take blood when im lying down and not sitting up.

Were gonna announce on FB after ds bday, so next week.

I don't really plan on buying much as this one is so close to ds we pretty much have everything. But by this time I had ds room together and the furniture was being delivered. I had to be organized otherwise it would have all fallen on me at 9 months preggo, so I did a little bit each month. The last month and a half I was just fat and lazy, lol. I planned it that way and it worked out great!

Oh no san! Glad hubbs was there. I just have a fear of needles and if I get someone who doesn't know what they're doing I'll start getting dizzy and light headed.

I think when I post on FB I'm gonna take a bump pic and say "In just under 6 months another little miracle will be joining my universe!"

that's very cute! i like what you did for setting up the baby room.. .we are pretty much just waiting for the down syndrome testing and gender and then will be on board for baby buying. Also, its summer here, which means massive amounts of garage sales, so Im pretty confident I will be able to get most of my baby stuff at a good price and quality of couse. We will be buying a new stroller and baby seat, but for the rest it doesnt really matter. As long as its in good condition!

Buying stuff is SCARY! And I know this sounds totally morbid, but my thinking was.... The bib can be a present for someone else if needs be and the book can be kept... I know, i know that's terrible, but I still err on caution lol!!!!!!! I'm feeling more confident as I THINK the spotting has finally stopped :yay: it was slightly peachy discharge this morning (yum!) and not the brown metallic stuff. So I am pretty chuffed about that. Plus hearing the HB yesterday.... Scan tues. I'm starting to be a little more positive and talk like I have a baby inside me. I just feel a bit more at ease with it and less worried (for now!).

Sab - I went to the docs and he said my urine was clear, nothing in it!!!! I've been drinking tons though, so whether it's helped or whether there was nothing there to begin with, I don't know...... Exciting about the doppler!!! I took a recording too :D feels strange listening back to it!! It's cool though isn't it :D I LOVE that baby journal entry LOL!! That's the sort of thing that's been running through my head!!!

As for FB - I want to do something as I have a large family and don't live near any of them. I don't want to be all "baby x due on xxxxxx" I want to do something a bit more cryptic and see how long it takes people to figure it out lol. Still working on it... But might be a photo of my dogs reading a 'what to expect' book lol. Or something!

I have two fur babies ( CATS) and their first birthday is June25th... i was thinking of maybe gettign a picture of them with a happy birthday cake of something and a quote" we can't wait to meet our new family member on December 6th 2014!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->